Welcome, Guest

hoping to surpass the 5 months I was clean until yesterday
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: hoping to surpass the 5 months I was clean until yesterday 8892 Views

Re: hoping to surpass the 5 months I was clean until yesterday 07 Nov 2010 23:33 #83348

• Dov
  • Administrator
kein yirbu, one at a time...
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by .

Re: hoping to surpass the 5 months I was clean until yesterday 08 Nov 2010 16:31 #83460

• quiet
  • Gold Boarder
84 days.

Re: hoping to surpass the 5 months I was clean until yesterday 08 Nov 2010 17:29 #83475

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
super nice!
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: hoping to surpass the 5 months I was clean until yesterday 08 Nov 2010 18:35 #83487

• bardichev
kot

woodford is sending a special delivery

b

Re: hoping to surpass the 5 months I was clean until yesterday 08 Nov 2010 22:10 #83536

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
anongye wrote on 08 Nov 2010 16:31:

84 days.

I recall hearing that eating food from a Pidyon Haben is equivalent to fasting 84 taaneisim.

May we suggest that fasting from 'feasting the eyes' is equivalent to Pidyon Haben - redeeming ourselves!!!

Re: hoping to surpass the 5 months I was clean until yesterday 09 Nov 2010 14:13 #83715

• quiet
  • Gold Boarder
85 days

Re: hoping to surpass the 5 months I was clean until yesterday 09 Nov 2010 15:41 #83738

• jewinpain
  • Current streak: 795 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Bravo Anon! KOT
I'm rolling the red carpet out & preparing a special mix for our celebration

Re: hoping to surpass the 5 months I was clean until yesterday 09 Nov 2010 15:46 #83739

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
message to all truckers: keep within a 5-day-drive radius of anongye. gotta be around for the 90-day party.

keep up your great work!
keep on trucking!

and last but not least, to paraphrase the rebbe reb Bards: beware of milestones...
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: hoping to surpass the 5 months I was clean until yesterday 09 Nov 2010 15:47 #83742

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
ZemirosShabbos wrote on 09 Nov 2010 15:46:

and last but not least, to paraphrase the rebbe reb Bards: beware of milestones...

Beware even more of having no milestones to beware of! 
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!

Re: hoping to surpass the 5 months I was clean until yesterday 09 Nov 2010 15:53 #83746

• jewinpain
  • Current streak: 795 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Well said zammy

Re: hoping to surpass the 5 months I was clean until yesterday 10 Nov 2010 16:24 #84031

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
KUTGW!
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!

Re: hoping to surpass the 5 months I was clean until yesterday 11 Nov 2010 03:59 #84171

• Dov
  • Administrator
I need Hashem's loving assistance to help me escape the first drink. I am even powerless over that one. And that is the only one that really matters.

Let's not get too fastidious, though.

Hatzlocha!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: hoping to surpass the 5 months I was clean until yesterday 11 Nov 2010 05:12 #84188

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
being aware of slips is important - keep up the good work, with hashem's help!

Re: hoping to surpass the 5 months I was clean until yesterday 12 Nov 2010 15:36 #84608

• Dov
  • Administrator
If I do not find a way to be free of poisonous things like that, I am dead and my life is flushed down the toilet completely - and not figuratively (...and not in that order). I cannot afford to struggle with that kind of toxic waste. The struggle is toxic and deadly itself and I will not put up with it....unless I want to, c"v, and if that is the case then it's just a matter of time till I act out. I am an addict. And I need to be sober today before I need to be anything else. Even before being an eved Hashem, I need to be sober. It is the linchpin and yesod of any entire hope for anything of value in my life, period. So it comes before anything - even Torah. As a sane person, I recognize that this is clearly what Hashem wants. As the tzaddik used to say, "Don't be a shoteh" is very important, too. Derech Eretz kodmah leTorah.

I love you, reb yid!

Re: hoping to surpass the 5 months I was clean until yesterday 15 Nov 2010 20:27 #84991

• quiet
  • Gold Boarder
91 days.
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes