Welcome, Guest

hoping to surpass the 5 months I was clean until yesterday
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: hoping to surpass the 5 months I was clean until yesterday 8891 Views

Re: hoping to surpass the 5 months I was clean until yesterday 08 Oct 2010 14:36 #80012

• quiet
  • Gold Boarder
53 days.
Last Edit: by .

Re: hoping to surpass the 5 months I was clean until yesterday 08 Oct 2010 14:38 #80013

• Dov
  • Administrator
Boruch Hashem! Alei v'hatzlach, sweet yid!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: hoping to surpass the 5 months I was clean until yesterday 08 Oct 2010 14:53 #80018

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
beautiful! these days of tahara are your investment in Eternity, and can never be taken from you and will never lose their value, ashrecha!
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: hoping to surpass the 5 months I was clean until yesterday 17 Oct 2010 02:56 #80593

• Dov
  • Administrator
Yeah, I commiserate w/you - I have very little wiggle room, too. And it's really a good thing, cuz it means Hashem (and sanity) with be front-and-center in my life.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: hoping to surpass the 5 months I was clean until yesterday 17 Oct 2010 03:35 #80599

• frumfiend
Just like by krias yam suf. We cant forget about hashem. I we we forget we find the yam suf on our heads. Achris hayamim is the time that ain lanu lhishain ela al avinu shebashamayim. We cant make it even spirtualy without him.
Aint that amazing!

Re: hoping to surpass the 5 months I was clean until yesterday 17 Oct 2010 08:14 #80607

• aa1977
  • Current streak: 4 days
  • Senior Boarder
  • Time takes Time
anongye,

Sounds like you're doing really great. Chazak V'ematz! I believe those little slips are just Hashem's reminders to us to not get complacent. It we take the hints he won't have to hit us with a sledgehammer of a full-blown fall.

Its happened so often to me. I could be anywhere - then a thought pops into my head. "Hey, I wonder what would come up if I googled XYZ" Lo and behold i find myself in a trance getting to the computer as soon as i can and trying it out. Wouldn't you know, it leads straight to Gehinnom.

I'm thinking now that perhaps an incentive system would work. If i get through that day without searching for that word, the next day i can treat myself. So too the next day. By then I'll have hopefully returned enough to sanity to tell that thought where to get off.

Keep strong - with Hashem on our side, we can do anything!

AA

Re: hoping to surpass the 5 months I was clean until yesterday 19 Oct 2010 20:09 #80759

• quiet
  • Gold Boarder
64 days

Re: hoping to surpass the 5 months I was clean until yesterday 19 Oct 2010 20:25 #80761

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
beautiful, keep up the good work!
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: hoping to surpass the 5 months I was clean until yesterday 20 Oct 2010 13:24 #80804

• quiet
  • Gold Boarder
Thank you.
65 days

Re: hoping to surpass the 5 months I was clean until yesterday 21 Oct 2010 02:53 #80880

• Dov
  • Administrator
Boruch Hashem Yom ,
                          Yom

...mazel tov, "anongye"!

Re: hoping to surpass the 5 months I was clean until yesterday 21 Oct 2010 13:06 #80890

• quiet
  • Gold Boarder
66 days

Re: hoping to surpass the 5 months I was clean until yesterday 21 Oct 2010 15:48 #80896

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
it's money in the bank
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: hoping to surpass the 5 months I was clean until yesterday 22 Oct 2010 13:26 #80987

• quiet
  • Gold Boarder
67 days.
Thank you zemiros shabbos and Dov for acknowledging my posts.

Re: hoping to surpass the 5 months I was clean until yesterday 22 Oct 2010 20:34 #81049

• Dov
  • Administrator
67 is awesome, but I'll take today over any number of days in the world!

Enjoy it.

Re: hoping to surpass the 5 months I was clean until yesterday 23 Oct 2010 20:59 #81072

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 745 days
anongye wrote on 13 Sep 2010 21:05:

I am not up to doing work and I am not up to learning and there is a computer in front of me. Nevertheless, I will not slip and will try to pass through the last hour of work.

This page might help: www.guardureyes.com/GUE/Time/KosherSites.asp
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes