Welcome, Guest

Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 20134 Views

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 09 Jul 2010 02:50 #73479

• briut
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
no.

13th step (or is that 11th commandment):
don't tell loshon hara against yourself.
you are strong and capable and more.
don't forget it.

usually I'll couch my words on this forum in 'conditional' tones like maybe, one person's opinion, etc.
not here.
"don't tell loshon hara against yourself."
period.
even if, chas vashalom, you think it might be true.
especially.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 09 Jul 2010 06:07 #73498

• 1daat
  • Current streak: 126 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Briut, ok, ok.  This is the second time you had to tell me.  Thanks.  I will be careful with myself.  Your right.  Even joking around it's not ok.

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 09 Jul 2010 08:02 #73508

• yehoshua1
  • Current streak: 1957 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Vau, I have the same trigger, I want to measure up to some ledge. Funny enough I placed the ledge there. I am close to falling today, because of this feeling, today I will try to put the ledge lower, warm up and jump the lower one. Do the simple stuff first, but dream big.
Hm, maybe its a question of being grateful, maybe I am not grateful enough for all the abilities that Hashem gave me and just say: Thank You, You made me humble. Thank You gave my the ability to write! You gave me the ability of sight, hey I can see the sky, the trees, the water. I can feel my hartbeat, I can formulate my thoughts, vau I can praise even You.

Do you think that is good? (lowering the ledge) What do you do?
Last Edit: 09 Jul 2010 08:10 by .

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 13 Jul 2010 02:22 #73832

• 1daat
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Yehoshua.  Sorry I didn't get back sooner.  What i do now is I take a deep breath and let it out pressure-like through my lips made into an "O".  Slow.  I find that doing that does something to my stomach feelings that brings it down a little.  I try to go back after that, but sometimes I just head to the refrigerator.  I know it's just the yh redirected, but for me right now, it's better that my p&m addiction

Hope all goes well.

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 13 Jul 2010 02:40 #73834

• 1daat
  • Platinum Boarder
day 45.  half way.  the days aren't so easy any more.  45 more days seems lie forever.

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 14 Jul 2010 20:26 #74050

• briut
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
wednesday is called hump day around my office. you know, closer to the weekend than not. so wednesday is hump day for you -- closer to 90 days than not. and if you don't like the double meaning in hump day, call it something else. but enjoy your victory that you're closer to the finish line than the starting post.

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 15 Jul 2010 03:20 #74103

• 1daat
  • Platinum Boarder
day 47.  Briut, hmmmm.  Ya know what?  your post has me thinking.
Briut wrote on 14 Jul 2010 20:26:

enjoy your victory.

Hmmm.  Yeah, how come I don't enjoy my victory.  Davening b'simcha has always been a problem.  And I've read and read about this.  So I think I just peeked at something I visited a long time ago and have "forgotten".  This deep, brooding, seriousness is so dramatic and self centered.  I need to really daven on this...seriously (uh, oops).

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 18 Jul 2010 04:54 #74504

• 1daat
  • Platinum Boarder
day 51.  Motzei Shabbos.  Always I'm vulnerable.  I read that a lot of us are too.  yh knows just the right moment. I'm having a problem with something I didn't think through very carefully (dog care for sick dog while I'm at work), and I get my usual very anxious panicky feeling.  And the way I've handled the intensity is to bleed it off with the shmutz.  i went online and looked up some solutions.  Felt a little calmer.  And then headed here.

I now realize this "I don't know how/ don't get it/can't think what to do  has always been a trigger.  It's like deer in the headlights, and then reflexively go to "it" to relax the scared feelings.

Right now all I can do is stay with it and not make the situation worse.  Davening Maariv I noticed I was focused only on the dog problem when I'm saying Ashrei adam boteyach bach.  How does the yetzer know exactly the place to zone me out?  I keep thinking/feeling that I've got to find the answer.  I'm alone, and there's nobody gonna help.  Turn it over???  Makes my stomach feel like I'm going to be sick.

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 18 Jul 2010 12:25 #74527

• yedid_nefesh
Every Motzeah Shabbos you come out clean you capture territory - next week is easier. The YH has hundreds of battles lined up every day, each one with counter and counter counter plans - he is the best war strategist I recommend this shiur(Mp3 downloadable).ravkaplan.dafyomireview.com/aud/5770-Mussar/77-weapons_of_war_with_the_yetzer.mp3

and

ravkaplan.dafyomireview.com/aud/5770-Mussar/74-waging_war_with_the_yetzer.mp3

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 26 Jul 2010 06:48 #75326

• 1daat
  • Platinum Boarder
So I'm up around the low fifties somewhere.  And all I can say is I'm getting emotionally "flat", I don't feel much.  Saw my therapist last week and broke down again about my dog dying.  And then I guess I just zipped up.  I know this can be a major problem for me, because usually it means something major is brewing and I'm scared, and I'm not dealing.  So I started reading threads, and chizuk emails, and what happens is I can feel the hollowness. 

But funny thing is davening isn't too bad.  I don't feel far away.  I feel little and grown and everything inbetween.  And I'm not all the time just saying "somebody else's words" (R' Steinsaltz.  13 petaled rose). A little real kahvonnoh happens on and off.  For me this is a step.

So I don't feel the lust.  I don't feel the grief.  But I read Reb B's thread and an exchange between him and Reb Steve Pickle that I just laughed out loud and shook.  It was wonderful.

At the end of the day, I've read so many times guys describing being on "cruise control", and then the yetzer just grabs them and rips.  Over and over it's "one day at a time".  Am I maybe just not accepting what "H has given me for now--a quiet time?  Am I maybe just used to the drama of falling day after day, followed by anguished remorse, followed by sobbing Shacharis?

My heart doesn't feel like stone, but I can tell I'm a little attitude-ey, a little tense in the heart department.

All I know to do is go daven Maairiv, and focus on the next few hours to get to bed clean.

Any input guys?

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 30 Jul 2010 06:25 #75741

• 1daat
  • Platinum Boarder
How did it get to be 63 days?Shouldn't I be jumping up and down or something?  Am I just basically depressed and nothing's really moving me.  But that's not the case.  Things "move" me all day.  Some days I get through a whole tephilah without thinking about whether there's any ice cream left in the freezer.  Shouldn't I be happy?  When I daven sometimes I'm happy.

It just seems like I'm working and taking care of business--shmiras eynayim, staying on GYE instead of shmutz, leyning (a little), davening, eating, sleeping, doing dishes.  I guess without p&m, maybe I'm finding life flat.

I( don't really understand.  Can anybody give me a hand about this?

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 01 Aug 2010 10:05 #75811

• 1daat
  • Platinum Boarder
NTS.

"...Sometimes the problem begins with a sense that one is stuck in one place and not 'progressing', that one does not have the strength or will power to move on, but that, nonetheless, one must somehow advance. 

"Such situations are not unique to ba'alei teshuvah.  Stagnation occurs even more often with people raised in the religious tradition.  But is is only to people of special religious sensitivity, like ba'alei teshuvah, that remaining spiritually static presents a problem.  The origins of the problem are, as a rule not particularly deep, not the result of any great internal  or external resistance or of a loss of interest.  Hence the solution may lie in simply making an effort to take a single additional positive step:  doing another mitzvah or doing the same one better.  Here it is important, especially for ba'alei teshuva, to recall that there are many ways of taking significant steps forward, that action and involvement are not necessarily dependent on enthusiasm or even whole-hearted assent.  Often, 'we shall do' must precede 'we shall hear'; though 'not yet ready,' one must sometimes undertake to do the thing nevertheless.  In this, as in many spheres of the creative life, practice must often come before deliberation, mechanical action before inner readiness, work before inspiration.  Then some measure of inner engagement is bound to follow.  One must make the initial decision to take a 'leap' beyond the accustomed bounds of one's existence.  Assuming a new 'yoke,' then, usually has a broadly refreshing effect, challengging every aread of live that has become stale"

--Rabbi Adin Steinsaltz.  Teshuvah,pp 38-39

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 02 Aug 2010 02:43 #75844

• 1daat
  • Platinum Boarder
NTS  Chizuk email 824

"All the creations of the world have a connection to Hashem based on their needs. The more someone "needs" Hashem, the more connection they have with him.

"And that is why Hashem has given us the Yetzer Hara as well. He wants a connection with us! He wants us to know that we need him, and that without his constant help, we are lost. And that is also why Hashem doesn't destroy the Yetzer Hara in one fell swoop once a person decides to do Teshuvah. Instead, each time we think we got rid of him, he keeps coming back again and again. Only "slowly but surely" does Hashem wipe him out from before us. For if Hashem would get rid of the Yetzer Hara all at once, we wouldn't need him any more and we wouldn't feel dependant on him. And this "connection" that we have to Hashem through our struggles with the Yetzer Hara, is even more important to Hashem than the falls that we have as a result of Him not removing the Yetzer Hara altogether as soon as we want to do Teshuvah.

"To sum it all up: The most important thing to Hashem is not our progress in destroying the Yetzer Hara, but rather our dependency on him, and our constant knowledge that we need Hashem every day anew to help us break free of our #1 enemy."

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 02 Aug 2010 08:29 #75851

• 1daat
  • Platinum Boarder
NTS from chizuk email 825

Sayings of the Day

From A.A

A winner is a loser who keeps trying.

I don't always know what God's will is for me, but I always know what it's not.

God loves you and there's nothing you can do about it.

If God is your co-pilot, switch seats.

Don't go in your head alone. It's a dangerous neighborhood.

An ounce of prevention is worth a gallon of relapse.

My disease is doing pushups, getting stronger--just waiting for me to slip.

My best thinking got me here.

You can't speed up your recovery, but you sure can slow it down.

It don`t matter how your jackass got in a ditch, just get him out.

Don't act out between breaths.

Re: Tatti, Tatti, please, just for today 02 Aug 2010 17:12 #75868

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
KUTGW!!!
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes