Welcome, Guest

Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 100620 Views

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 14 Jul 2011 03:36 #111251

• Stuart
yehoshua wrote on 12 Jul 2011 10:34:

Hi,

it worked. 90 days.

What worked?  Give us details!!!
- and Mazel Tov.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 14 Jul 2011 06:49 #111257

• Holy Yid
  • Current streak: 92 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Keep the mind engaged and the soul content
Mazal tov

No need to apologize for being here in spite of non being so observant. This site is lovingly open to all. How observant is someone who spends six hours a day look at p*** online or doing much worse?

זכרני נא, זכרני נא, וחזקני נא אך הפעם הזה, הפעם הזה, האלקים, ואנקמה נקם אחת משתי עיני, מפלשתים

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 14 Jul 2011 07:45 #111258

• yehoshua1
  • Current streak: 1957 days
  • Platinum Boarder

Eye, thank you for that day. Eye gave me a chance to call him and I did. It felt great, because for the first time in my life I could talk about my addiction. At the time I just fell, very badly through watching p*, I felt suicidal and Eye really was there for me. I also deleted all my posts, because they felt like lies.
Unfortunatly I fell again after that talk, one month later. But Eye was there again asking IS THIS WORKING?

I wanted to do it alone. I didn't want my wife to suffer knowing I was part of a sex addiction group. Please don't take it bad my friends, because I am part of GYE, but to openly join a live group was a last resort and it still is. If I were to fall, there wouldn't be another option.

I am simply scared, that I might hurt her and do damage by telling her. I love her and this is why I got sober also.

92 days

I am trying the STATES thing from Pliskin out. He believes that being depressed and lusting for that matter is only a state, that we choose. In our brain we however keep also positive, resourceful states:

One state, I call the FROIM FISCHL STATE. I enter it with these words and attitude: Please Hashem, I am too stupid, too small, too helpless to do anything, please help me.
(i guess also, that this is basicly the first step of the 12)

I pray to Hashem, that it MAY BE HIS DIVINE WILL THAT I STAY SOBER, THAT I DO SOME TASK OR BE JOYFULL.

Cos, Hashem could decide to end my life now or make me an invalid, or take my sanity. So it is really His Will that I am and that I do.

Thank You so much for the question Stuart and thank You Holy Yid for the mazal tov.

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 20 Jul 2011 06:33 #111699

• yehoshua1
  • Platinum Boarder
I stumbled on the story of Dov.... I am not a BAD person becoming GOOD, I am a SICK person getting WELL. Sounds terrible and it hits the center of me.

Being honest is very important for me.

Right now I am in a lot of fear. What will be of the future, how will I manage. Will I be able. Feelings that will not kill me, but they do drive me to act out. So to what lengths will I go?

My eyes are windows and behind those there is a sick man who needs to be totaly honest with him self and with others. So I want to be a man, a husband, a father and I want to give something to this world that is good in the Eyes of Hashem. I am not afraid to die for that.

Honestly I am afraid of facing problems. Am I really not afraid to die for being that. How can I prove myself, can I trust myself?

My mom said, trust yourself. So I will do that.
Last Edit: 20 Jul 2011 06:36 by .

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 21 Jul 2011 09:06 #111861

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
yehoshua wrote on 20 Jul 2011 06:33:

I stumbled on the story of Dov.... I am not a BAD person becoming GOOD, I am a SICK person getting WELL. \

Sounds terrible and it hits the center of me.

It's actually a lot better to be SICK getting WELL than to be BAD trying to be GOOD.

It means we can let go of the guilt, the self-blame, and the shame.  A person who has diabetes, Lo Aleinu, doesn't beat himself up when his blood sugar is low.  He just checks his levels, takes his insulin if necessary, and gets on with life.  THAT'S how we're supposed to feel, too.

--Eye.

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 22 Jul 2011 07:29 #112021

• yehoshua1
  • Platinum Boarder
It's 100 days.

Baruch Hashem.

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 22 Jul 2011 16:27 #112082

• shteighecher
  • Current streak: 24 days
  • Gold Boarder
  • KOT. ODAAT. Keep on Trucking. One Day At A Time.
Wow. Thank you for sharing this with us, it gives us chizzuk, keep it up brother, one day at a time, before you realzie, you got 100 of them. Keep on trucking.
Yes We Can!!!, Yes We Can!!!, Yes We Can!!!,
With Hoshems Help

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 22 Jul 2011 17:04 #112095

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Beautiful!!
upwards and onwards
thanks for sharing
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 05 Sep 2011 06:57 #117621

• yehoshua1
  • Platinum Boarder
I FELL

After a long time I fell. Please forgive me for telling the whole story.

It has been many days now that I felt depressed and anxious, also this feeling of not being able to cope with problems came back and back again. I slipped many times (went online typed some dirt and then quickly turned it off - who am I fooling, but I just couldn't resist).

On this FALL I didn't m* and I didn't view any p*, I had a dream. I will tell you about it - there is no explicit thing in the dream, but if you feel like falling, please don't read on.

This is the dream: I was on my way to my wife, because I was bringing something. It was dark, I had my coat on and I crossed some street and went up some stairs. On my way to the top of the stairs (just before i got to the door) I looked in the corner and there was a woman there. She scared me, because i didn't expect anyone.
She just smiled and I apologized. Then she asked me if I have something for her mouth ulcer!? WTF*? Sure I said, I have some after shave, that has alchohol in and it will disinfect. She had strangley big hands and she was dressed casual in a black coat, her hair was black and she seemed tiny, but her hands were quite big. I didn't think about that too much.
[details removed] ....  and suddenly I had an ejaculation.
I don't know if others will agree. But I saw this woman as clearly as if I were awake. She was no ordinary person, her hands gave her away, her ulcer, she tricked me, and I tricked myself. I believe I saw a demon. Baruch Hashem, I didn't sleep with her. And Baruch Hashem, unlike before, after I woke up, I didn't m*. I was sorry, I regret it very much.

I woke up immidiately (around 5 am), started to pray and asking for forgivness, calling on saints and ancient masters to aid me in my struggle.

Then it dawned on me (after I somehow stopped crying and pleading).

I cheated on my wife. I am depressed, I am afraid, I am helpless. I haven't changed one tiny little bit, I haven't moved one jota forward since the time that I first fell into this cycle of pain. Will I die not moving one little bit!?

As Eye asked: Is this working?

To be honest, I am much stronger than before. And yet, I shudder to think, this was a dream, but I was totaly aware of everything, just like when I am awake and with that in mind, I would have probably acted the same, if I were awake.

To answer Eye: No, this is not working.

It has been 133 days clean and then I fell. But hey, as all know, a fall doesn't just happen, it builds up. And when it was building I didn't start crying GEWALT.

I shudder to take the next step: What now?

I feel strong enough to think about this. That is good.

I don't want to tell my wife. Because it's not her fault. I don't want to hurt her in any way, even though I did through my action.

I must admit that I often run to the the toillet, hit myself on the head until i feel dizzy, cos I can't live up to the ideal that I set for myself and give true joy to others - I just want to run away, but then I try to swallow my ego and do something good - oh dear.

What now? I feel like I want to start smoking again.

Again, what now...

Should I join a group, not telling my wife anything, hiding. Should I ask for sponsorship, start posting more? Reading more?

I can't tell her, she married a man, I married a woman. I don't want to become her patient. So the only thing is to try one more time.

How can I do it differently this time, so that after I hit 90, I will come here and will be humble in saying, Baruch Hashem, I am Your servant, I and my wife are a Human Being in your service!?

When I find a way, I will come back to tell you about it.

Last Edit: 05 Sep 2011 12:50 by .

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 05 Sep 2011 10:26 #117625

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
There is a HUGE difference between our subconscious and our conscious. What you do in your dreams is in NO way indicative of what you would do when conscious, because when we are asleep our logic is turned off, and our ability to calculate the consequences of our actions is turned off. We are NOT responsible for our dreams.

The Zohar says that there are demons that come to a person at night and get them to have nocturnal emissions. But we are not responsible for them and it is only Hashem's way of testing us to see if it will get us to feel "down". Just ignore it and keep up your wonderful progress. Hashem is very proud of you.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 05 Sep 2011 11:39 #117630

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
DREAMS DON'T COUNT AS A FALL!!!

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 05 Sep 2011 14:49 #117645

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
When we make the right decisions in our sleep, that's icing on the cake.  However, dreams never count as a slip, let alone a fall.
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 05 Sep 2011 20:01 #117694

• heuni memass
Yehoshua- Amazing progress!

133 days - matzel tov!

Keep it up continue your journey.

As all above mentioned no need to restart

you are really special for getting worked up about a dream

but hey- dont let the yetzer hara get the better half of you

run forward

dont look back

he's trying to keep up and hes loosing the fight

so he threw you a curve ball

he wants you to strike out

Dont.

Keep up your great work

day 134 here he comes

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 05 Sep 2011 20:25 #117700

• bardichev
yehoshua just move along

its nothing and nothing

its like a loose bowel movement (actual quote from a gadol)

move on u didn't falllllllllllll

keeeeeepon trucking!!!!!!

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 05 Sep 2011 22:43 #117710

• Jackabbey
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
dear yehoshua, you are my mentor! 133 days clean its my dream
it might help to be mispalel daily that hashem shoul bring back all spilled neshomes to the kedusha
also that all dinim should be sweetened in its roots (as they are really only goods) and overturned to goods
why knock your head on the wall when you should dance with your feet knocking on the floor
that you are b"h a ehrlicher yid, heilige yid, been clean for so long
keep posting about that mood issue
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes