Welcome, Guest

Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 100621 Views

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 14 Jan 2011 07:21 #93263

• yehoshua1
  • Current streak: 1957 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Do or die. Here I am, feeling great.

Got my a* kicked in the morning already by the cleaning lady. She argued that before, when times were though (back in the old days) life was sweater. She argued so good, that I just said: I guess you are right.

So that I don't grow to high and mess up the cloud system....

Who the h* is wise? He who learns from everyone.

So when it is though life definitly is sweater...   
Last Edit: by .

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 19 Jan 2011 11:28 #93709

• yehoshua1
  • Platinum Boarder
Man, I am walking funny these days.

I just demolished my mobile phone, because of my little anger problem. I am a peacefull guy, but am I!????

Nobody in the world can make me that mad, only my wife. I love her, that is why it hurts. I hate myself for this nonsense, I am not in a state to think things through before I act. I am not sober.

This is a f* fall, because I can not control my actions. Why don't I go to the stupid restroom and go through the 12 steps, why Hashem?

How is this different? How is viewing p* or m* different from demolishing a mobile phone. Well, the difference is it's not in the rules. No chart for destroying mobile phones....

Still I feel helpless. That is good I guess.

Please Hashem, You control the world, You create the universe from one moment to another, may it be Your will, that I live another day. May I live sober.

Even without a mobile phone, I think I have an old one at home... Please, my life is unmanagable, but as You see, I am very managable... :-[

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 19 Jan 2011 15:16 #93714

• yehoshua1
  • Platinum Boarder
Went through the 12. I am on a lege, hanging. So here my fall. I am about to fall...

Just thought I'd post this nonsense

An hour or two later: Didn't fall, I stand helpless still. Hope sure I make it today. Cos after work I still have a lot to translate...

Will I live, hm who cares....

Ok, ok

Sorry, just a flat tire... I got it fixed and I am trucking on....

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEp

MOVE ON
Last Edit: 19 Jan 2011 16:20 by .

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 19 Jan 2011 21:37 #93771

• yehoshua1
  • Platinum Boarder

Still fighting, there is still hope, things will come around, everything will be ok,.

I am sitting here, night, not a soule out there to meet my midnight gaze, just me and my computer. Still translating, I want to finish.

As said, everyone gets scared and feel terribly uncomfortable, but not everyone will have translated a dictionary. All Hashem's work, may it be truly your work....

Bless everyone on the forum.

HEy you will not believe what happened today, scary. I can't even talk about it. My slips are terribel. Deadly

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 20 Jan 2011 15:12 #93863

• yehoshua1
  • Platinum Boarder
uf, uf, hardly, hardly

I am trucking along, very slowly, very slowly. Baruch Hashem, I am sober. Why is it so hard these days?

Well everyone has it hard, really hard, but not everyone is sober. So here's to us, my brothers!

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 21 Jan 2011 08:17 #94004

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
12-steps 101

Reading them doesn't help.  Doing them helps, and you can't do them alone.  You need a group.

Our acting out is a symptom, we are trying to release our pain and frustration.  We just as easily, and maybe as often, use other escapes as well.  That could be smashing something, or just plain wasting time.

We need a release because we are full of restlessness, irritibility, and discontent.  RID.  Why do we have this?

Because of our EGO.  We want everything in the world to go OUR way.  But, it doesn't.  So, everything disappoints us and makes us resentful or afraid.

When you can put down your ego, when you can accept life on G-d's terms, then you stop having so much RID.  It's a process, and doesn't go away all at once.  Little by littler, it gets better.  But noticably so.  We act out less.  We start feeling overall more content and satisfied with life.  More patient.

When you don't have so much RID, you don't act out so much anymore either.

And, by the way, you're wife can't make you angry.  It is in our power to choose a different response.  We can choose to accept life, on G-d's terms.  And, remember, your wife is only a reflection of yourself.  She's a magnifying mirror, so that we have some hopes of notiing our own faults as we go through life, and fixing them.

--Eye.

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 24 Jan 2011 09:38 #94179

• yehoshua1
  • Platinum Boarder
Eye thank you!

But do you really feel, that it is impossible to be free without a group?

What if I make it? I mean, what if Hashem makes it through me? Is that impossible for Him?

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 25 Jan 2011 07:10 #94329

• yehoshua1
  • Platinum Boarder
Did anyone make it here on his own?

I have some good news. Yesterday my mirror (that is my wife) and I had an argument and I didn't break anything. I just waited on the chair and demanded an apology for her words. Of course she started hitting me and then kissing me, but to no avail. I was very stubbern and demanded an apology. And finally she said it.

Well I don't want to mention the problem we had the other day, when I had to apologize. But I didn't break anything then either.

Am i making progress?

Well yesterday I was a part at that dinner table. I was who I am, a smile.

Am I content so much, that I will not be able to function? Of course, I think I just need to go through the 12 steps right now!

All the best to you my brothers in arms. Everyone struggles, but not everyone prays to Hashem asking for a resorcefull state, where we are happy, we give happiness and we are doing mitzvahs.
May that state come to us now. Now. Now.

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 30 Jan 2011 12:37 #94885

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
yehoshua wrote on 24 Jan 2011 09:38:

But do you really feel, that it is impossible to be free without a group?

Yes.  The 12 steps are not a solo endeavor.

--Eye.

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 31 Jan 2011 10:00 #95032

• yehoshua1
  • Platinum Boarder
Here I stand.

I am sorry not to believe in the group. Am I standing alone? Probably not, I even believe that there are others, who made it on their own.

Hey, if I will not be able to overcome, than there is still the group therapy. Maybe I can view it that way. I don't even want to think about that, because when I fall, I feel like living dead, well to put it very simply, I become suicidal.  :'(  Please Hashem, if that happens, if another fall happens, may I find the strength to get up and seek help.

What will happen Hashem? I still have today, I still have today Hashem.

So, here I stand. It is who I am. 

Gotta get up, gotta get up...
Last Edit: 31 Jan 2011 10:10 by .

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 02 Feb 2011 22:29 #95538

• yehoshua1
  • Platinum Boarder
90 YUPI, hi hi hi, just a joke ;D

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 14 Feb 2011 20:36 #96928

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
yehoshua wrote on 31 Jan 2011 10:00:

Please Hashem, if that happens, if another fall happens, may I find the strength to get up and seek help.

It's a lot smarter to get help BEFORE you fall.

By the way, perhaps some people have done it along.  But, what they have done may not be for you.  Just take a good look at yourself--Is this working?

--Eye.

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 12 Jul 2011 10:34 #111026

• yehoshua1
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi,

it worked. 90 days.

I don't have a filter, I didn't join a group, I didn't post. Baruch Hashem.

I am sorry i didn't post, but posting didn't seem to work, I needed time to reflect and I read over and over my posts and sometimes others. I felt like I had nothing to add, I fell many times and had fantastic ideas and words many times, but I decided that it was time to put it into action.
Hopefully I will start posting again.

May it be Your will Hashem, that I bring honour to Your Name and to the Name of my forfathers and formothers.

GYE has been essential, thank you. And thank you Eye.nonymous, you put things into perspective!
Last Edit: 13 Jul 2011 06:26 by .

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 13 Jul 2011 06:41 #111168

• yehoshua1
  • Platinum Boarder

I am reading a book on alchoholism written by a local shrink. He is very strict, from recovering alchoholics demanding running, hiking, reading, upgrading the level of education, doing more than before, trying to live a full life.
Hm, hopefully reading and applying some of his advice will bring joy and insight into my life and the lives of others.

I lost 5 kg already and I would like to integrate sports in being sober, being alive.

I see that I have these downfalls, feeling I am not doing enough, you know you feel like you are heavy. So I keep two pictures: one fat guy watching TV and one guy on the street, praying for food.

I would really like to be the guy praying for food. Better is a poor and a wise child than an old and foolish king, who will no more be admonished.

May it be Your willl Hashem, that I act as a poor and wise child.

I must also add something here: I am not an observant Jew, but I would really like to start being more observant. So I apologize for being here, since it's a place for the observant - i felt however, that this is a good place, where the holiest of the Jewish nation gather having the same problem as I have and yet where these holy men addmit that life isn't easy and that they honestly persue the path of real holliness.

I think I am also taking this path, this is why I am here.

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 13 Jul 2011 17:07 #111203

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome back, Yehoshua.  Glad to hear you are doing well.

--Eye.
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes