Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Bruce's Battle 29169 Views

Re: Bruce's Battle 23 Aug 2009 15:29 #13773

Yep. I don't want some bureaucrat who never even took Bio 101 telling me what to do with my patients.
It's frustrating.

I can't stand the news either. I'm sure you heard that Britain released the Lockerbie bomber, who killed like 250 people, because they wanted to show "compassion" since he's dying of prostate cancer and only has 3 months to live. I went ballistic when I heard that. Now some are speculating that he was released back to Libya in exchange for oil or whatever. What happened to principles?

The world is getting more and more backwards.
Last Edit: by jeeps.

Re: Bruce's Battle 23 Aug 2009 19:38 #13796

• Tev
And the incident with the newspaper in Sweden saying how the Idf "steals Palestinian organs"

WE NEED MOSHIACH NOW!
Last Edit: by fas316.

Re: Bruce's Battle 23 Aug 2009 20:24 #13803

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
When we fix ourselves, we fix the world... 
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by Changemylife613.

Re: Bruce's Battle 23 Aug 2009 20:42 #13808

• Someone
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Fresh Boarder
BeStrong, agreed! The sort of back-stabbing antisemitic leftist slanting against Israel really p*sses me off. Big time. I would like to personally give all those blinded journalist only looking for the story a good solid 5 year history education about why the situation is like it is.

Sorry if I offended any members of the left - not intended!
Last Edit: by The wandering Jew.

Re: Bruce's Battle 23 Aug 2009 21:14 #13811

Well, "Someone" is a better man than I. I kind of enjoy getting under Leftist's skin.  :
Last Edit: by elterbachur.

Re: Bruce's Battle 24 Aug 2009 16:03 #13923

• Someone
  • Fresh Boarder
The ideas of the political left is not something I oppose, the right has (probably) done much more damage with its ideas and policies! In fact, only the media that swings to the left is more commonly the one to report negatively on Israel (at least in Europe). Sorry for not clarifying it in the previous message 

Do not know what your opinion on the situation in the Middle East is; personally I sympathize with Israel. I will explain why, if needed!

Anyways, what day are you on? How are you doing?
Last Edit: by Mitzvah387.

Re: Bruce's Battle 24 Aug 2009 18:17 #13940

I actually have no idea what day I'm on and I want to keep it that way. I found that obsessing over days is not the best approach for me, especially if sobriety is desired for the long term. I don't want to be counting 7,287.5 days in the future. I want to be counting in years, so I'm starting with chunks. I'll check every now and then when I just HAVE to know what day I'm on, but that will probably be only every 5 days at minimum.
Last Edit: by Jewish defence league .

Re: Bruce's Battle 24 Aug 2009 18:50 #13948

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
BruceWayne wrote on 24 Aug 2009 18:17:

I actually have no idea what day I'm on and I want to keep it that way. I found that obsessing over days is not the best approach for me, especially if sobriety is desired for the long term. I don't want to be counting 7,287.5 days in the future. I want to be counting in years, so I'm starting with chunks. I'll check every now and then when I just HAVE to know what day I'm on, but that will probably be only every 5 days at minimum.

Great - just keep track of when you started.
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by daledadar.3.

Re: Bruce's Battle 24 Aug 2009 22:30 #13981

I have it written down on a notecard in my wallet.
Last Edit: by benAvram66.

Re: Bruce's Battle 26 Aug 2009 00:30 #14213

Random thought: In a way, I'm glad that school is starting up again. It means I'll be busy, which means no time for you-know-what.

But it's still school.

Bleh.

I want to get on with my life already.
Last Edit: by Shira1234.

Re: Bruce's Battle 26 Aug 2009 03:11 #14226

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Dear Bruce,

Sounds like you might benefit from Rabbi Pliskin's new book Life is Now.  I haven't read it yet, but it seems to address the importance of living in the present.

www.artscroll.com/Books/linh.html
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by automech.

Re: Bruce's Battle 26 Aug 2009 04:15 #14234

The whole thing is that I don't want to be in the present. I want to be somewhere in the future where I'm finally earning a living and I've gained control over SA, as well as conquered many of my other current problems.

The present isn't the best these days.
Last Edit: by Cyclops7.

Re: Bruce's Battle 26 Aug 2009 18:46 #14349

• Tomim2B
That's great approach to life in general! Live the "present" as if you're living in the future.

With a vision towards an optimistic future, living already in that state of mind is known to bring positive changes to one's life.

On that note: are you familiar with "The Universal Law of Attraction"?  

2B
Last Edit: 26 Aug 2009 19:38 by benavraham29.

Re: Bruce's Battle 26 Aug 2009 19:27 #14363

• Someone
  • Fresh Boarder
I can hardly give any advice on this topic- I struggle too much with exactly the attitude you have described. One of my  really good friends has (and this site) often told me to live in the present, focus on this minute, and see all the good things in life one has now. One often hears that life is too short to waist time on the bad stuff (all meanings included).

Keep on going.
Last Edit: by benavraham29.

Re: Bruce's Battle 27 Aug 2009 02:50 #14437

Tomim2B wrote on 26 Aug 2009 18:46:

That's great approach to life in general! Live the "present" as if you're living in the future.

With a vision towards an optimistic future, living already in that state of mind is known to bring positive changes to one's life.

On that note: are you familiar with "The Universal Law of Attraction"?  

2B

No. Please elaborate.
Last Edit: by Swyzr79u.
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes