Welcome, Guest

Awakening the Rage
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Awakening the Rage 7600 Views

Re: Awakening the Rage 15 Apr 2010 09:43 #61392

• dovinisrael
  • Gold Boarder
wait a minute - did you buy the box of Amway soap they were also selling??

re: the 25% frum jews...

are you sure this guy was not confusing the Jews with the Amish??
they almost look the same to an outsider.

Last Edit: by .

Re: Awakening the Rage 15 Apr 2010 18:17 #61442

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Rage ATM wrote on 15 Apr 2010 02:32:

and we all drink lots of brooklyn lager at citifield...

>
This borders on heresy :-X > :-X > :-X > :-X >
>
How dare you suggest any place other than the local Pub??  ??? (The one that you, Rage, set up!!!)
>

Re: Awakening the Rage 15 Apr 2010 19:18 #61449

• me3
  • Current streak: 97 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Rage ATM wrote on 15 Apr 2010 18:51:

(2) you see that hey if these guys can do it then there is no reason why you cant do it either...

the revolution lives...

You meant recover, right?

Re: Awakening the Rage 15 Apr 2010 19:34 #61455

• me3
  • Current streak: 97 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Been a bit busy recently.

Re: Awakening the Rage 16 Apr 2010 02:39 #61522

• Dov
  • Administrator
Congrats Rage, but I prefer to keep my mouth shut in this case and meekly stand behind the big Plexiglas boards....Hatzlocha, friend. All I'll say is "use them". Bye!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Awakening the Rage 16 Apr 2010 05:16 #61545

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Briut wrote on 14 Apr 2010 19:46:

You know, Rage, I'm sorry but I ain't seein' any pitiful loser in this story. I'm seeing bravery, resilience, grit, etc. In you, yes, but also in your wife because she's gonna give you some space to get better and even buy you the occasional beer. Do you know how many men have the building blocks that you've got in taking this next step?  Damned near zero would be my bet.

Take a look at your own gevurah and work the h[eck] out of those Steps. I'm impressed, you lucky guy. And buy your wife a present.

Rage, I couldnt agree more. I am soo excited for you and your new journey. Keep trusting in Hashem and davenning for his guidance. Let me add that you should make it a daily practice to find A&W moments. They are the ticket to building a greater awareness of hashem's presense in your life at every moment. And dont be so hard on yourself - you have so much goodness in you, so much to give to others. Guard's ALREADY right - we already look up to your bravery and honesty.

KOT!!
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.

Re: Awakening the Rage 16 Apr 2010 09:18 #61561

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 745 days
Hatzlocha, friend. All I'll say is "use them"

use them? use them? use them? you mean the other guys at the meetings? the poker chips?

As as humble talmid of Dov's, I would like to suggest that he was replying to this comment of yours:

i still dont know how to work the 12 steps and i was hoping the meetings may be a step into learning what to do...
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Awakening the Rage 16 Apr 2010 16:26 #61629

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Rage ATM wrote on 16 Apr 2010 14:06:

Steve wrote on 16 Apr 2010 05:16:

Let me add that you should make it a daily practice to find A&W moments. They are the ticket to building a greater awareness of hashem's presense in your life at every moment.

but the truth is i think god is there when the breeze blows and god is there is when the guy working on the hi-rise outside my window lays down another brick and he is right there when a client is nagging me and he is there when a squirrel finds his nuts...remember the song? haaaaashem is here, hashem is there, hashem is truly everywhere...maybe walking around looking for a&w moments makes you forget that hashem is here at every moment and that every single breath we take is a miracle...

Eggggsactlyyyyyyy!!!!!

We learn about Emunah in Kindergarden with that song. ;D We grow up. Does our Emunah grow along with us? Is our Emunah any more substantial that 'singing' Hashem is here...?  ???

It seems that you, Rage, are finally crossing the threshold from singing that Hashem is Everywhere to 'Knowing' that He is TRULY TRULY everywhere, and that HE does everything! :D
Last Edit: 16 Apr 2010 16:28 by .

Re: Awakening the Rage 16 Apr 2010 16:40 #61633

• Dov
  • Administrator
If you end up jumping up and down singing that, please wear a n-na-nach keepee thing on your head and video it for me....thanks.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Awakening the Rage 16 Apr 2010 20:05 #61671

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
... is Tried123's Avatar smoking something?

Re: Awakening the Rage 17 Apr 2010 18:37 #61686

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 745 days
Just some perspective that hit me when thinking about you this Shabbos, Rageio:

If Hashem had given you this addiction just for you to learn to be "sober", He could have just not given it to you in the first place. No? So obviously, the goal here is not just sobriety. So let's just say, for argument's sake, that Hashem gave you this addiction because he wants you to learn true Emunah and become humble and dependent on Him... Had you beaten this the first time you tried the 90 days (or even the second time), would that have gotten you to where you need to go? It would have just added "more power" to your ego/pride/whatever. So now you're in SA. Maybe, as hard as this would be for you, it's time to finally admit there's a flake somewhere inside you  ;D
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Awakening the Rage 17 Apr 2010 19:44 #61687

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Rage will always be my favorite GYE flake and nothing you can say will make me change this here mind!
Mother of all flakes has spoken!
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"

Re: Awakening the Rage 17 Apr 2010 21:00 #61688

• dovinisrael
  • Gold Boarder
rage - you crack me up.

good for you for going... wouldn't be long before you are upfront leading everyone in the RHINO pokey..
come all-you-saagy-faggy-old-baggies...You put your right foot in, your put your left in ...and you shake it all around...

and you turn yourself around...
that's what RECOVERY is all about!

and you do the RHINO-POKEY!!!

Re: Awakening the Rage 18 Apr 2010 17:45 #61771

• DovInIsrael
a SMILE is the most powerful thing to chase away the buzzing and the blahs a person has after a fall...

Keep on SMILING!

Re: Awakening the Rage 19 Apr 2010 14:37 #61878

• bardichev
Rage:
I want to answer your quetion

I will ask you to keep an open mind

It is either just as flakey or less flakey than SA

Here goes:

A great way to become less self centered

Join a chassidishe shteeble

What bards you are kookey and you have your personal agenda

Rage I asked you to keep an open mind!

Chassidus is based on a few factors
One of them is being part of a group that works together on a common goal which is to serve Hashem thru happiness and get emotionally connected to G-d

It is almost in every group f chssidim that the group has its allegiance to a Rebbe

The chassidim accept him as their common  leader that they all feel an affinitty and a subserviance to

That creates brotherhood and common good will within this close knit group

Because the group shares common values and each one feels like family they coose to give of their time energy talents and of course food and drinks (usually alcoholic) with anothewr

All this is to set the stage and foster an eviroment where they can collectively serve good thru elevated emotion and in a happy state of mind in order to reach greater planes of serving Hashem

While being part of a group one acts selfless for we is on the constant lookout on how he can help his comrade
From a cup of coffe to a wise piece of advice to a few bucks in his fellow mans pocket

Also time is to be spent in a common house called a shteeble where the chassidim spend in formal prayer and in informal meals dancing talmud sessions and immersing in the mikveh

A chassid really gives from himself and the result is an elevated selfless jew

Yea there are many myths and stereotypes and it seems from the outside that the group is backward weird and un-intelligent

This is the furthest from the truth

Bards
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes