Welcome, Guest

Many Thanks to all of u from JIP
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Many Thanks to all of u from JIP 10747 Views

Re: JIP is gana make it - but u gota help me 23 Apr 2010 03:03 #62599

• jewinpain
  • Current streak: 795 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Not sure yet, I'm thinking of leaving this behind me all together, this is just depressing me this sas facts slaping me in my face, I may go in to hibernate mode for a while untill I'm ready to come back out and get the strength to face the challanges head up
Last Edit: by .

Re: JIP is gana make it - but u gota help me 23 Apr 2010 03:07 #62601

• Chazak Amenu
  • Current streak: 378 days
  • Platinum Boarder
like i said what ever works for you! i know it is most certainly not my area of expertise but maybe you are looking to far into what the sas said? you should probably talk about it again. did you get the impression that it would be as difficult as it has been the past 90 days?

Re: JIP is gana make it - but u gota help me 23 Apr 2010 03:41 #62630

• 123.trying.123
  • Current streak: 10 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I feel you....
No matter how you flip it the sad and unbearable fact is that you (me... etc.) where dealt a really tough hand of cards...

Yes I can repeat what I've heard over and over again that ultimately it is for the good....
But it still hurts.... It is still miserable....

It is at times like this that I wish I had a shoulder to cry on....
Hope you can find one.....

Re: JIP is gana make it - but u gota help me 23 Apr 2010 04:02 #62636

• 123.trying.123
  • Platinum Boarder
I know that in moments like this everything seems black... All the accomplishments seem worthless....
Happiness seems unattainable....

From my experiences.... There is always a brighter day ahead....

P.s. No therapist can determine how long recovery will take....
As far as I understand it.... G-d runs the show.....

Re: JIP is gana make it - but u gota help me 23 Apr 2010 07:06 #62642

hey JIP im sorta jumping on ur bandwagon at the end of the ride here...its 3 am and i just spent the last who knows how lon reading ur thread(maybe ill just stay up for vasikin since or else gonna be a witch ) and you should just know how much chizuk i just got...you just added to my will now ill find my way thanks!
Last Edit: 23 Apr 2010 07:08 by .

Re: JIP is gana make it - but u gota help me 23 Apr 2010 21:02 #62809

• jewinpain
  • Platinum Boarder
I just bought a $50 vodka, a very good kosher one imported from Russia, called imperial collection, u r all welcome to come for a sip, or I'll have to sip for all of u

Re: JIP is gana make it - but u gota help me 25 Apr 2010 11:17 #62903

• DovInIsrael
many years I had the chance to travel Russia (before glasnost )

we met a group of Pepsi sales reps in the in the hotel bar - they were laughing, drinking and laughing some more!
turns out they convinced the Russians to swap them a boat load of Pepsi for a boat load of Vodka.

I assume it was not the $50 vodka.

l?haim !

Re: JIP is gana make it - but u gota help me 25 Apr 2010 13:46 #62917

• briut
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
So, nu, JIP? How was The shabbos? What's happening? Is it feeling good yet?

(Or are you perhaps still hung over from your big celebration?)

Re: Many Thanks to all of u from JIP 25 Apr 2010 20:46 #62982

• jewinpain
  • Platinum Boarder
Ok guys, here we are past the 90 days so I feel I gota thank all of u for helping me get here, the biggest & 1st thank u, u all know who gets it, & that is Rabbi Guard, I don’t know of anyone in our generation who did such a wonderful act as he did with this site, & off course not with such an anonymity, no doubt that hashem will repay u, & I would too if I would be able to, so if u feel like I can do anything please ask, I wouldn’t be able to do this w/o the help of all the fellow members here, who gave me constant chizak & advice, especially the older ones with more experience than me & the buddies who were in touch with me through my inbox, without anyone even knowing about their time being spent for another Jew whom they don’t know & will most likely never know, that’s a real chesed shel emes, all of u didn’t let me down in my darkest days & there were many days when I wished I would never be born  mildly speaking (I.E. suicide), I am not sure that this is my 1st time of going clean for 90 days over the years & I probably went longer streaks too over the years, but it was for sure not with such a strong will & such a deep meaning as now, when I 1st joined this site I was like a child who was just born, looking around trying to speak/cry/stand up, but I was just too overwhelmed with what’s going on here & with what’s going on in my own world , everything seemed so far away the language spoken here was not my type of talk, but b”h after  a while I got a hold on myself & shifted in the right gear & started moving at 1st slowly, than shifting up to a higher gear & going ata higher speed, asking questions , getting answers, arguing about this addiction, was not really ready to get this label, but after a while I decided that who cares how this is called, u may call it sickness, struggle, addiction or any other sweet name, it’s for sure a blockage on a person’s mind which holds him back from growing closer to hashem & from himself, I was not in touch with myself for years, all of u who already know by now this crazy/sick JIP, know as to what I am referring too, & for the newcomers u can all go check out my 1st thread, anyhow to make a long story short, I can say a few things which might help some others,
1. A strong filter is needed on your computer there is just no way to overcome this with access to all the dirt on the web
2. A group of friends such as GYE, or any other group therapy as u may like to discuss/vent/ask/share guys who really understand & care about u
3. a clear understand that this behavior is VERY bad & u wana get out of it ASAP for all costs, its bad from all different views,
4. a very strong will to overcome this & that u cannot afford a fail anymore & a strong believe in urslef that u can do it
5. some honest connection  with yourself to analyze your problem, might not be done proper without outside help such as a professional or a understand rabbi, older friend, as in most cases this behavior stems from some other problem within you which caused this addiction, it can be many things,
you will see mentioned here many times on this site that it takes 90 days to break a habit, I also asked this questions when I 1st joined this site, an explanation on this works, but let me just tell u 1 thing, today I am not sure how it works & I really don’t care how it works, all I know is that now, I have a very tiny urge to go back to the old bad stuff such as por. & masturba.. I just don’t see it as my problem solver anymore & I look back for the years I was doing it with such a disgust that I feel like a piece of $hit for even thinking about it, does it mean that I am never gana fall back? No it does not but at least I have a will not to fall back & I know that in order not to fall I need to keep my eyes & mind as clean as possible , I also learned over this 3 months that hashem is in control & u turn to him whenever u feel down, he is not charging u like a therapist does, he is within reach anytime anywhere, just a few simple words from ur deep heart , some tears can help do, I cried many times over this period & felt much better afterwards ,
il share with u a tip I got from harav binumin rabinovits z”l when I was engaged I was visiting Israel & my cusien who was his grandson took me over to him for a chusan shmies , I do not recall the whole conversation I just remember 1 important point which is relevant for all of us here on GYE that when we get a non-clean thought we may not open it up, such as getting a danger spam email, if u open it up u can get the virus, u just gota delete cuz thinking of it & trying to figure out how to fight it will certainly not help, just close ur eyes do an erase & have ready some holy stuff to think of, I tried to use this in the beginning after I married but very soon I dropped it, but now I am b”h back to that idea & it does help, try it for urself , & imaging that hashem is standing next to u seeing what u do, & he is so proud of u

Re: Many Thanks to all of u from JIP 25 Apr 2010 21:03 #62988

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
MAZAL TOV JIP!!

I knew you cold do it!!

Welcome to the club!!
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.

Re: Many Thanks to all of u from JIP 25 Apr 2010 21:31 #62990

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazal tov, mazal tov! It's good to hear that you realize that the danger still remains, but it's also wonderful to hear that you've learned that you can live life without this drug.

I give you a bracha that you should find happiness and shleimus in every area of your life.

Re: Many Thanks to all of u from JIP 26 Apr 2010 00:38 #63007

• Cleareyes613
  • Current streak: 272 days
  • Platinum Boarder
JIP - mazel tov!!! This is not the end, only the begining. We have to take life one day at a time. Not only bec of our addiction, but to get the most out of life.
Hatzlacha on your journey from JIP to JIS(imcha).

Re: Many Thanks to all of u from JIP 26 Apr 2010 00:47 #63010

• bardichev
JIP
U can't imagine how much woodford I drank for you this shabbos

Mazwl Tov!!!

Keep it up!!

B

Re: Many Thanks to all of u from JIP 26 Apr 2010 00:49 #63011

• 123.trying.123
  • Platinum Boarder
JIP,
I wish you all my best on this milestone....

As a fellow GYE member... I am a bit nervous...
I know from some 12 step meetings that I have attended over the years that so many people literally invest tremendous effort to reach 90.... after 90 it feels like the issue simply doesn't exist anymore... and they neglect to maintain what they gained...

A few months later they have a huge fall.... and that's when they really give up...

Please I beg you.... Make sure to constantly stay on Guard.... Don't take what you earned for granted.... If you invest the little amount of energy necessary to maintain what you earned.... You'll truly be free....

(I shudder at the thought of JIP popping back in a year with "I am back were I started..." :'( :'( :'()

Much success....

Re: Many Thanks to all of u from JIP 26 Apr 2010 13:54 #63064

• DovInIsrael
mazel tov!

l?haim!
Time to create page: 0.71 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes