Welcome, Guest

Zalmandovid's Journey
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Zalmandovid's Journey 16560 Views

Re: Zalmandovid's Journey 23 Apr 2010 15:47 #62758

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
You didn't respond to my PM, so I'm going to apologize publicly. I'm sorry if you feel i was too harsh. I hope you forgive me, but no matter what, I wish you the best, and I hope you continue to grow (because you've already grown a lot), and find lots of happiness!
Last Edit: by .

Re: Zalmandovid's Journey 25 Apr 2010 02:10 #62843

• zalmandovid
  • Current streak: 8 days
  • Fresh Boarder
no sweat dude. Seriously. I came to this place to heal and thats what i'm doing. If that comes in the form of hard love than so be it. I value anything you have to say to me reb silent. Sorry for not responding to your PM. Have an amazing week my friend.True friends are those who tell you what you have to hear and not necessarily what you want to hear. Thanks for being there, and being a true friend.

Wishing you and yours a truly happy successful week.
with Love,
ZD

Re: Zalmandovid's Journey 25 Apr 2010 03:39 #62854

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Glad to hear it. You're a really special person, and I'm proud to be able to stand next to you.

Re: Zalmandovid's Journey 25 Apr 2010 04:03 #62861

• Chazak Amenu
  • Current streak: 378 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Me too! doing ok SB?

Re: Zalmandovid's Journey 25 Apr 2010 04:05 #62862

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Yep, thanks!

Re: Zalmandovid's Journey 25 Apr 2010 04:09 #62863

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
i updated my chart and i have 3 days clean because i did not realize it was after 12 so really i only have 2 and tommorow would be my third but i guess it won't matter if i make it through tomorrow and if i do we can do the group on monday if everyone else is good as well.

Re: Zalmandovid's Journey 26 Apr 2010 05:25 #63031

• zalmandovid
  • Fresh Boarder
I had an A&W moment(no not the root beer) a and w means awe and wonder and I wanted to post about it. Sometimes Hashem reveals his involvement in our lives and we should take notice of them when they happen. On Friday I was speaking to a good chaver of mine on the phone. Amongst other things i mentioned to him how I really needed a place to eat for the Friday night Shabbos meal.I really needed to get out. He gave me some practical advice as well as some chizuk that Hashem would surely help. I agreed.Literally a secand after we were saying this I got a click. Guess who was on the other line. A close friend who hasn't called me in a while asked me to come to help make a minyan at a shteeble and than come to his house for a shabbos meal. A&W right there my friend. Drink it in. I had not been invited out in months! Hashem surely takes care of all of his Kinderlach. We must just let him into our heart and into our lives.

Let go and let G-d.

Love, ZD

Re: Zalmandovid's Journey 26 Apr 2010 12:12 #63043

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
That is cool - you might want to post this on the "feel the hugs" thead!

Re: Zalmandovid's Journey 26 Apr 2010 13:08 #63048

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
that is really nice! i have been feeling very lonely recently but what can you do?! if everyone in our accountability group has three days clean we should be able to start. i mentioned it on the thread but i thought i would tell you here while i was here anyway.

Re: Zalmandovid's Journey 29 Apr 2010 02:01 #63499

• zalmandovid
  • Fresh Boarder
"For, after all, every one who wishes to gain true knowledge must climb the Hill Difficulty alone, and since there is no royal road to the summit, I must zigzag it in my own way. I slip back many times, I fall, I stand still, I run against the the edge of hidden obstacles, I lose my temper and find it again and keep it better, I trudge on, I gain a little, I feel encouraged, I get more eager to climb higher and begin to see the widening horizon. Every struggle is a victory. One more effort and I reach the luminous cloud, the blue depths of the sky, the uplands of my desire."

-Helen Keller

Re: Zalmandovid's Journey 30 Apr 2010 00:29 #63633

• zalmandovid
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey peoples,
I have been feelin a little down lately . Gotta get out of my head a little. Have a good shabos!

Re: Zalmandovid's Journey 30 Apr 2010 00:34 #63637

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
That quote from Helen Keller is interesting!

Have a great shabbos - go connect with people, do something interesting, enjoy, live life!

Re: Zalmandovid's Journey 30 Apr 2010 03:44 #63660

• strugglingyid
  • Current streak: 33 days
  • Expert Boarder
Zalmandovid,

Cheer up!  You are doing great despite what your head may be telling you.  Just unscrew the lid, remove, give a shake, reinsert and screw the lid back on, jump up and down a few times to get it to settle and you'll be just fine.

Re: Zalmandovid's Journey 06 May 2010 14:38 #64113

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Hey, ZD! Long Time No Post!

Having too much fun with your Big Mac?

Why don't you show us what all that power can do, and send us a quick post or two?
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.

Re: Zalmandovid's Journey 06 May 2010 23:30 #64196

• Dov
  • Administrator
Hi Reb ZD!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes