Welcome, Guest

Kedusha's Progress
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Kedusha's Progress 76905 Views

Re: Kedusha's Progress 26 Jun 2009 16:23 #7486

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Boruch Hashem, I am up to 39 days.

As Bardichev would say "That a LOT of days!"  ;D
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by .

Re: Kedusha's Progress 27 Jun 2009 21:14 #7506

• battleworn
"Tal" shel tichiya. (The "dew" of the revival)

A GUTEH  VOCH!          CHAZAK VE'EMATZ!!!
Last Edit: by jason brown.

Re: Kedusha's Progress 27 Jun 2009 22:06 #7519

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 745 days
Chart Updated. KUTGW!!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by youchy0.

Re: Kedusha's Progress 28 Jun 2009 15:45 #7562

• kedusha
  • Administrator
Thank you, R. Guard and Battleworn.  Boruch Hashem, I'm up to 41 days.

I enjoyed my son's recent Chumash play, and I'm grateful that I was able to Shep Nachas from the event, which would have been a non-starter had I been acting out recently.
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!

Re: Kedusha's Progress 28 Jun 2009 16:15 #7565

• battleworn
This is what's called "LIVING" your life, instead of just watching it go by.
Last Edit: by Never back down .

Re: Kedusha's Progress 28 Jun 2009 16:18 #7567

• Noorah BAmram
  • Current streak: 3710 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Kedusha, May you continue to reap nachas D'Kdusha from all your holy children
NB
[b]כי שבע יפול צדיק וקם[/b] 
A Tzadik is he who continues to  bounce back after he hits bottom, even a hundred times !!!!!Rav Don Segal Shlita

Re: Kedusha's Progress 28 Jun 2009 16:38 #7569

• London
Kedusha

I really relate to you regarding your son's chumish play.  One of this biggest blessings of recovery for me is enjoying the simple pleasures of watching my children and taking an interest in them.  I was once at an SA conference and an older lady got up and burst into tears and said, I plead to everyone here who has young families to get sober and do what it takes to stay sober, and even though she is so grateful that her husband is now in recovery, they cannot undo the damage and the lost time from their children.  I know for myself that one of my crazy justifications is that I am only hurting myself, but in truth I am hurting my wife and children.  But when I am sober and I pick up my little son from nursery and ask him what he did that interaction is priceless.
Last Edit: by beezras hashem.

Re: Kedusha's Progress 28 Jun 2009 18:49 #7582

• bardichev
kedusha tzaddik
you touch such aon such a fine chord .I too was able to look the HEILEGE TZON KODOSHIM in the face by my last yingeles chumash seuda .I still  feel the guilt of the previous one.

KEDUsha 41 days is a h**k of alot of days dont turn around and...

The kedusha you woitnessed at the seida was the TORAH comung directly from Har Sinai to your sons heilige neshama

But.. but.. every single day a BAS KOL emanates from HAr sinai and calls back all of the people who wandered off thr path of Torah

what is the point of the Bas KOl if we don't hear it ? Says the Heilger Maor Einayim that every single TID even the greatest RASHA has MANY HIRHUREI TESHUVAH every sinle day!!! THAT IS THE BAS KOL!!!!

so you too can tap into the kedusha and the energy  that your son was ZOCHE to and you can grow and grow and you WILL see nachas from him
bardichev
Last Edit: by יהודי פשוט.

Re: Kedusha's Progress 29 Jun 2009 14:03 #7628

• kedusha
  • Administrator
Dear Battleworn, Noorah, London, and Bardichev,

Thank you for the beautiful posts - I am very touched.

Boruch Hashem, I am up to 42 days.
Last Edit: by elis.

Re: Kedusha's Progress 30 Jun 2009 02:57 #7687

• bardichev
KEDUSHA KEEP ON SLUGGING HOME RUN AFTER HOME RUN !!!
team bardichev
Last Edit: by thatguyoverthere.

Re: Kedusha's Progress 30 Jun 2009 14:10 #7742

• kedusha
  • Administrator
Thank you, Bardichev.

Boruch Hashem, I am up to 43 days.
Last Edit: by michaelkams.

Re: Kedusha's Progress 30 Jun 2009 14:50 #7746

• bardichev
yinasen lee GAM machar
b

Re: Kedusha's Progress 30 Jun 2009 14:57 #7749

• London
bardichev

You never cease to amaze me - our battle has many similaritiesto Purim (I think that's where you took the posuk from) how we all partook from the forbidden seudoh and indulged ourselves and the evil YH now wants to kill us, and only through Teffiloh will we prevail.

Re: Kedusha's Progress 30 Jun 2009 15:41 #7756

• bardichev
london
yes it is in megillas ester when ester hamalka begs achashverosh for anothre day

there is a very chassideshe vort

that ester davened for the MACHAR YIDDEN

people who say of course i want to better my self but...but... machar not now

was i right about GG?or is it SH?
b
lchaim

Last Edit: by onlyhashem.

Re: Kedusha's Progress 30 Jun 2009 16:18 #7768

• London
bardichev

Very nice vort about the mochor yidden - procrastination one of my terrible traits.

You were right about GG (although I was brought up in SH), what's your secret, should I be worried about what I post here 
Last Edit: by e.chail.
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes