Welcome, Guest

Kedusha's Progress
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Kedusha's Progress 76912 Views

Re: Kedusha's Progress 24 Nov 2010 14:39 #86532

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Stuart,

Yes, you can block specific search terms through K9. 

For a while, I blocked sex* and *sex.  However, that caused many legitimate articles and sites to be blocked.  So, for now, I have unblocked those particular search terms.
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: 24 Nov 2010 14:41 by .

Re: Kedusha's Progress 24 Nov 2010 14:42 #86533

• kedusha
  • Administrator
Everyone, please give me a "high five" in honor of, b'Ezras Hashem, day #555!
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: 24 Nov 2010 15:30 by .

Re: Kedusha's Progress 24 Nov 2010 15:20 #86552

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
mazel tov rabenu kedusha on staying in the kedusha for the high five days!
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ
Last Edit: by .

Re: Kedusha's Progress 24 Nov 2010 15:29 #86557

• briut
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I think 555 5th Avenue is a tall skyscraper. With a big jazz club on the top. "Everywhere is a song and a celebration." Including for 555. Mazel tov.

Re: Kedusha's Progress 24 Nov 2010 15:47 #86564

• frumfiend
thank you kedusha for responding so respectfully to my very not respectfull post.
beahava ff

Re: Kedusha's Progress 24 Nov 2010 22:25 #86635

• an honest mouse
  • Current streak: 50 days
  • Platinum Boarder
well done on being omed benisayon! kutgw!

Re: Kedusha's Progress 24 Nov 2010 22:28 #86637

• bardichev
in chabad thay would

say

fayf
fayf un fayf

its  similar to keep on trucking

Re: Kedusha's Progress 28 Nov 2010 01:21 #87016

• kedusha
  • Administrator
B'Ezras Hashem - day # 558.

On Friday I was off from work.  When I started feeling weak yet again (it's been difficult, on and off, since my wife went to Mikvah about a week ago), I realized that the best way to prevent myself from starting to slip (after reaching out to Hashem) is to make myself useful.  So, while my wife was out of the house, I did several things to help straighten up for Shabbos.  When my wife later asked me what was going on, I said that it's not right that she should have to do everything.

Re: Kedusha's Progress 28 Nov 2010 03:30 #87026

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
beautiful, Kedusha!
you can post this in the Sholom Bayis thread as well
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Kedusha's Progress 28 Nov 2010 04:18 #87029

• jewinpain
  • Current streak: 795 days
  • Platinum Boarder
So now are we still lying when we are recovery or that's only when we r in the addiction mode and we need to cover up, would that be a problem to tell ur wife, yes hon I was feeling a little u know and I figured I'll make myself busy and actually be busy with helping u, would that be to watch to swallow for her, plz share with me reb heliger

Re: Kedusha's Progress 28 Nov 2010 04:38 #87034

• kedusha
  • Administrator
There shouldn't really be a need to explain why we're helping our wives get ready for Shabbos.  That's the way it should be (not that I'm one to talk!).  Besides, what I told my wife was the truth - she really shouldn't have to do everything!
Last Edit: 28 Nov 2010 04:39 by .

Re: Kedusha's Progress 28 Nov 2010 05:45 #87038

• jewinpain
  • Current streak: 795 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Ok! Misunderstood

Re: Kedusha's Progress 29 Nov 2010 23:19 #87237

• kedusha
  • Administrator
I just got an "innocent" commercial e-mail which contained a picture that is just the type of thing that I find very triggering.  If I didn't act fast, my entire sobriety would be at risk of collapse.  Boruch Hashem, I was able to apply the three-second-rule (actually, quite a bit faster).  I immediately covered the screen, deleted the message, emptied my deleted items folder, and then took one more step that was necessary to make the message completely irrecoverable.  Frankly, that hurt somewhat, and still does, but the alternative would have hurt a trillion times more (I'd say a quadrillion, but you'd think I'm exaggerating!).

To paraphrase the UNCF - "Your sobriety is a terrible thing to waste!"  B'Ezras Hashem, I'm now up to day #560.

Last Edit: 29 Nov 2010 23:34 by .

Re: Kedusha's Progress 30 Nov 2010 11:04 #87284

• an honest mouse
  • Current streak: 50 days
  • Platinum Boarder
kol hakavod! you're a tremendous source of inspiration! kutgw!

Re: Kedusha's Progress 30 Nov 2010 12:46 #87287

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
yes. kutgw and kot.  Is it time to add a new something to your schedule to distract you a bit?
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes