Welcome, Guest

Kedusha's Progress
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Kedusha's Progress 76918 Views

Re: Kedusha's Progress 03 Oct 2010 02:45 #79366

• Holy Yid
  • Current streak: 92 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Keep the mind engaged and the soul content
MAZAL TOV kedusha. You are an inspiration!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
זכרני נא, זכרני נא, וחזקני נא אך הפעם הזה, הפעם הזה, האלקים, ואנקמה נקם אחת משתי עיני, מפלשתים
Last Edit: by .

Re: Kedusha's Progress 03 Oct 2010 21:22 #79408

Mazel tov Me3 and Kedusha....

I don't think I can even count to 500...

Rashi, Breishis (10:25)

Re: Kedusha's Progress 05 Oct 2010 04:12 #79526

• Dov
  • Administrator
Yeah, Mazel Tov! May you ..... something profound.....amen!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Kedusha's Progress 07 Oct 2010 19:57 #79917

• quiet
  • Gold Boarder
Kedusha -- I have been observing you for some time and I noticed you have not posted personal struggles for some time and then when you reached your milestone you posted it. How is it, that such a chashuv learned Jew as yourself, still considers himself an addict. Until you posted your 500, I figured that you really had no problem and was only on this site to help others.

Re: Kedusha's Progress 07 Oct 2010 20:39 #79922

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Anon-

It's like alcoholism - long periods of sobriety don't mean that you can afford to take a drink.

Frankly, I don't think anyone is here just to help others, without having plenty of personal experience with this (ongoing) struggle.  How many non-alcoholics volunteer for AA?

Some background: I have had some periods of sobriety in the past.  My longest such period in (relatively) recent times was about 18 months from September 2002 to March 2004.  And this was before GYE.  However, I always came back to it eventually, to my terrible pain and disappointment.

Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!

Re: Kedusha's Progress 07 Oct 2010 23:45 #79978

• Dov
  • Administrator
Beautifully said, indeed, my good friend Mr Kedusha!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Kedusha's Progress 08 Oct 2010 05:07 #79992

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazal tov!

Re: Kedusha's Progress 10 Oct 2010 01:26 #80091

Kedusha, that was an  :o amazing  :o  lesson to us!

I guess we are married to GYE for life!

;D

Re: Kedusha's Progress 15 Oct 2010 20:22 #80557

• kedusha
  • Administrator
B'Ezras Hashem, 515 days clean.

Although every day presents new challenges, I'm grateful to be where I am now, and am Mispallel that the sobriety will continue, b'Ezras Hashem, one day at a time, and that the challenges will be few and not too difficult.  I also hope to work more on the "new design for living" concept; as Dov and Duvid Chaim always say, it's not only about staying sober.

Have a good clean Shabbos!

Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!

Re: Kedusha's Progress 17 Oct 2010 02:53 #80592

• Dov
  • Administrator
It's really nice to read this. It's nice to know yet another person in the world who knows it's not a game or contest - it's just about living real life. Thanks for being a friend. Guteh voch!

Congratulatoriously, (is that a word?)

Dov

Re: Kedusha's Progress 17 Oct 2010 14:06 #80614

Dov,
there must be some reason that I find myself following you around the forum!
;D
k

Re: Kedusha's Progress 17 Oct 2010 18:46 #80625

• Dov
  • Administrator
"Ta'isi k'seh oveid...bakesh avdecha!! ki mitzvosecha lo shachachti."

Hatzlocha!

Re: Kedusha's Progress 17 Oct 2010 18:51 #80626

dov wrote on 17 Oct 2010 18:46:

"Ta'isi k'seh oveid...bakesh avdecha!! ki mitzvosecha lo shachachti."

Hatzlocha!

Oh..... and here I was thinking that maybe you have a t-shirt that reads:
My other name is Mary.

I like your p'shat better, of course!

Re: Kedusha's Progress 26 Oct 2010 14:56 #81426

• kedusha
  • Administrator
Boruch Hashem, today is 526 days clean.  B'Ezras Hashem, I'm two weeks away from matching my longest streak in recent times.  Of course, I can't lose focus on the life-saving principle of "one day at a time."

Re: Kedusha's Progress 26 Oct 2010 17:44 #81471

• Dov
  • Administrator
Wow! The gematria of the word "Kedusha" + the gematria of the word "Alef" = 526!!

It's indeed "Alef" day at a time if you want "Kedusha"!!

Mazel Tov!!
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes