Welcome, Guest

Kedusha's Progress
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Kedusha's Progress 76921 Views

Re: Kedusha's Progress 20 Aug 2009 21:45 #13561

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Noorah BAmram wrote on 20 Aug 2009 21:42:

מזל טוב -קדוש

You inspire me with courage to continue my own struggle 

Chazak Chazak

noorah

Many thanks, Noorah!
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by afooo.

Re: Kedusha's Progress 05 Oct 2009 21:52 #21967

• kedusha
  • Administrator
A Gutten Moed to all!

I went with my wife and 2 youngest children to a park today (that wasn't exciting enough for the older kids, so they ended up doing nothing.  Go figure!).  It was a beautiful outing.  I made sure not to look inappropriately at the other women there, especially the Frum women.

One interesting challenge happened at the end of the trip.  An elderly Jewish man, whom we had never met before, started telling my wife and me a joke.  He prefaced it by saying that it was appropriate for mixed company.  But, right away, it became apparent that the joke was going to be "off color."  I told my wife, maybe you don't want to hear this, and she got up and walked away.  Then, I said to the man, "Why don't I tell you a joke instead?"  He protested that his joke was not a problem, and by Goyish standards I'm sure he was right.  Finally, I said "I'm sorry, I guess we must be prudes."  He said, "All right, forget about it." I'll never know the punch line - and I'm glad!!  
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: 05 Oct 2009 21:54 by maehmehravar1999.

Re: Kedusha's Progress 05 Oct 2009 21:57 #21969

• Dov
  • Administrator
Kedusha wrote on 05 Oct 2009 21:52:

A Gutten Moed to all!

I went with my wife and 2 youngest children to a park today (that wasn't exciting enough for the older kids, so they ended up doing nothing.  Go figure!).  It was a beautiful outing.  I made sure not to look inappropriately at the other women there, especially the Frum women.

One interesting challenge happened at the end of the trip.  An elderly Jewish man, whom we had never met before, started telling my wife and me a joke.  He prefaced it by saying that it was appropriate for mixed company.  But, right away, it became apparent that the joke was going to be "off color."  I told my wife, maybe you don't want to hear this, and she got up and walked away.  Then, I said to the man, "Why don't I tell you a joke instead?"  He protested that his joke was not a problem, and by Goyish standards I'm sure he was right.  Finally, I said "I'm sorry, I guess we must be prudes."  He said, "All right, forget about it." I'll never know the punch line - and I'm glad!!  
I am really sorry about that, Kedusha. Had I only known that it was you and your wife, the joke would have been something more family friendly.

April fools!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by Daniil.

Re: Kedusha's Progress 16 Nov 2009 18:39 #28787

• habib613
kedusha, have you been around recently?
we haven't heard from you in a while (or maybe i just have a really bad memory)
anyways, i read your thread. gevaldigg!
Last Edit: by SuperWoman123.

Re: Kedusha's Progress 16 Nov 2009 18:53 #28789

• kedusha
  • Administrator
habib613 wrote on 16 Nov 2009 18:39:

kedusha, have you been around recently?
we haven't heard from you in a while (or maybe i just have a really bad memory)
anyways, i read your thread. gevaldigg!

Thank you so much, Habib.  The forum has been averaging about 173 posts per day (weekdays only), so I don't have time to read every post. 

I just shared with Guard something remarkable.  May 18, 2009, which was day #1 for me, was also the busiest day in the GYE forum history!

Most Online Ever: 227 (May 18, 2009, 12:46:26 AM)
Last Edit: by samboy.

Re: Kedusha's Progress 16 Nov 2009 19:17 #28790

• bardichev
HI KEDUSHAH!!
Last Edit: by Massachusetts.

Re: Kedusha's Progress 16 Nov 2009 19:24 #28792

• kedusha
  • Administrator
Hi BARDS! 
Last Edit: by Troughton.

Re: Kedusha's Progress 16 Nov 2009 19:29 #28794

• habib613
lol. you guys make me crack up.
Last Edit: by Bsimcha1.

Re: Kedusha's Progress 16 Nov 2009 19:32 #28797

• bardichev
HABIB,CAREFUL MY GABBEH IS TAKING THE NIGHT OFF I AM THE O.D. TONITE
LIGHTS OUT AT 12:00 AM

ITS AN ORDER!!!

BARDS
Last Edit: by CalhounCinch.

Re: Kedusha's Progress 16 Nov 2009 19:46 #28805

• habib613
uh oh.
that was last night's order from my real life mother.
but she was asleep by then and didn't know what i was doing.
gonna be forced to listen tonight
Last Edit: by matslfe28.

Re: Kedusha's Progress 16 Nov 2009 21:00 #28842

• bardichev
U BET!!

A GOOD NIGHT SLEEP IS SO HELPFUL BIRUCHNIYUS AND BIGASHMIUS

SLEEP GIVES US A CHANCE TO  REJUVENATE IT HELPS THE METABOLISM

REDUCES STRESS RELEASE ENDORPHINS (WHATEVER THAT IS)

AND WHEN A PERSON WAKES UP  "FRISH" (FRESH) IT IS THE FIRST STEP IN AVODAS HASHEM

THE WORST KILLER OF A GOOD NIGHT SLEEP IS RESTING IN BED IN STRRET CLOTHES BEFORE ONE ACTUALLY "GOES TO SLEEP"

A GOOD SHOWER LIGHT MUSIC (NO BLACK BERRY ME INCLUDED  BIG TALKER I AM) AND ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Last Edit: by shulem2813.

Re: Kedusha's Progress 19 Nov 2009 17:10 #29499

• bardichev
Mazel tov

The woodford glass is waitng
Kichel
Matjas herring

Oh

Listerene

Bards
Last Edit: by jason1.

Re: Kedusha's Progress 19 Nov 2009 17:45 #29504

• yechidah
smelled the herring --and potato kugel too

Mazal Tov Kedushah 

may you have continued Hatzlacha in everything you do

The zchus of those letter you wrote and sent out, that promoted the awareness about the dangers we face in our generation,will stand up for you.

half year is a great milestone,a very great acheivement

Last Edit: by Gonnagetthere.

Re: Kedusha's Progress 19 Nov 2009 17:56 #29513

• Cleareyes613
  • Current streak: 272 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazel Tov Kedusha!!!
Last Edit: by JoeLegend.

Re: Kedusha's Progress 19 Nov 2009 18:41 #29528

• kedusha
  • Administrator
Thank you dear friends, each of whom has inspired me in his own way!

However, Kol Zeh Einenu Shoveh Li if I don't get to hear the Bardichever Nigun!   :D ;D

Last Edit: by BeezratHashem.
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes