Welcome, Guest

Kedusha's Progress
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Kedusha's Progress 76755 Views

Re: Kedusha's Progress 11 Jun 2013 13:55 #208840

• Dov
  • Administrator
israel613120 wrote:
But Ain HaBayshan Lomaid.

Aye! Beutiful! That says it all right there!!!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Kedusha's Progress 14 Jun 2013 04:22 #209241

There is also
איזהו חכם הלומד מכל אדם
A lot of that goes on here

Truth is I feel I've learnt more in the last 4/5 month about myself and life and its struggles than in the past 20 years!
We are not fighting the YH as a process to get through in order to be able to get back to normal life; the fight wih the YH is the essence of our existence - Hopeing

Re: Kedusha's Progress 14 Jun 2013 14:29 #209272

• Dov
  • Administrator
israel613120 wrote:
There is also
איזהו חכם הלומד מכל אדם
A lot of that goes on here

Truth is I feel I've learnt more in the last 4/5 month about myself and life and its struggles than in the past 20 years!

That's an amazing gift!!

Now be"H you will just slowly use the gift one day at a time.

Hatzlocha, brother.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Kedusha's Progress 18 May 2014 08:04 #232016

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Dear Chaveirim,

B'Ezras Hashem, I am very happy to report that, as of today (May 18), I am five years clean. Amazingly, two years ago I reached my three-year-milestone on the 41st day of the Omer, which is Yesod shebeYesod. And, this time, my five-year-milestone is on Lag Ba'Omer!

I am tremendously grateful to the RBS"O, to Guard, and to the GYE community for helping me reach this point. To those whom I know from the forum and, especially, to those whom I've spoken to or met in person, your friendship means a great deal to me.

Chazak v'Ematz!

Sincerely,

Kedusha
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!

Re: Kedusha's Progress 18 May 2014 10:31 #232018

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1226 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Koh Lechai!!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Kedusha's Progress 18 May 2014 23:24 #232049

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Page 14 of this thread.

anongye wrote:
Kedusha -- I have been observing you for some time and I noticed you have not posted personal struggles for some time and then when you reached your milestone you posted it. How is it, that such a chashuv learned Jew as yourself, still considers himself an addict. Until you posted your 500, I figured that you really had no problem and was only on this site to help others.

Kedusha wrote:
Anon-

It's like alcoholism - long periods of sobriety don't mean that you can afford to take a drink.

Frankly, I don't think anyone is here just to help others, without having plenty of personal experience with this (ongoing) struggle. How many non-alcoholics volunteer for AA?

Some background: I have had some periods of sobriety in the past. My longest such period in (relatively) recent times was about 18 months from September 2002 to March 2004. And this was before GYE. However, I always came back to it eventually, to my terrible pain and disappointment.

?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: Kedusha's Progress 19 May 2014 01:36 #232055

• kedusha
  • Administrator
Thank you all for the kind words of encouragement, and thank you TehillimZugger for reminding me of these posts from years past. I ought to read my own thread more often!

I spoke with Guard today, and we agreed that, be"H, Lag Ba'Omer will be my anniversary date in future years, instead of the secular date (May 18).

HKB"H should help us all stay clean, one day at a time, ad meah v'Esrim!
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: 19 May 2014 01:37 by kedusha.

Re: Kedusha's Progress 19 May 2014 10:27 #232073

• dd
  • Platinum Boarder
  • כל זמן שהנשמה בקרבי מודה אני לפניך
wow Kedusha mazel tov!!!

thats a great chizuk to all of us!!!!

zol der aibershter helfen vieter!!!!

Re: Kedusha's Progress 19 May 2014 15:27 #232076

• kedusha
  • Administrator
Amen! Thank you, dd! The same for you and for all of us.

Re: Kedusha's Progress 19 May 2014 15:51 #232077

• moish u.k.
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Winning is a team effort!
Thats wonderful, Kedusha!

Perhaps you can share with us how you did it?

Re: Kedusha's Progress 19 May 2014 22:03 #232097

• kedusha
  • Administrator
Thank you, Moish.

There's no single trick to staying clean, but I was (and still am) willing to do whatever it takes. For me, this involved being on one cycle of Duvid Chaim's call (over four years ago), posting on the forum very frequently (which I no longer do), and using other GYE tools, such as the Handbooks. Also, I utilized opportunities that arose, such as meeting Duvid Chaim, Elya, and other GYE members, even when this involved traveling for several hours. And, the more clean days I collected, be"H (one day at a time, of course), the more determined I became not to mess up.

I did not attend live SA meetings, but would have done so had it been necessary.

Will what worked for me work for you? Not necessarily. But, the one thing that is almost guaranteed to work is the absolute willingness to do whatever it takes to become clean and stay clean.
Last Edit: 19 May 2014 22:25 by kedusha.

Re: Kedusha's Progress 19 May 2014 22:56 #232104

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
mazel Tov!
KUYGW! kol hakavod
grape juice lechaim!
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Kedusha's Progress 20 May 2014 01:02 #232112

• kedusha
  • Administrator
Thank you, Zemiros!

So nice to hear from you!!

Re: Kedusha's Progress 20 May 2014 01:04 #232113

• kedusha
  • Administrator
The next two milestones I'm aiming for, with the help of HKB"H, are 2,000 days clean (November 8, 2014, be"H), and 3,000 posts on the GYE forum!

As for now: One day at a time!
Last Edit: 19 Sep 2014 19:13 by kedusha.

Re: Kedusha's Progress 20 May 2014 15:14 #232130

• moish u.k.
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Winning is a team effort!
And one post at at time...
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes