Welcome, Guest

i'm new here's who i am
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: i'm new here's who i am 15215 Views

Re: i'm new here's who i am 07 Jun 2009 10:09 #5835

• battleworn
Chazak Ve'ematz! Don't forget that this battle is not some inconvenience that just got in your way. Rather it's the very purpose of all creation. If you'll keep that in mind you'll have simcha shel mitzvah, which is one of the most powerful forces that exist. Hatzlochoh Raba and keep us posted!
Last Edit: by Yechi.

Re: i'm new here's who i am 07 Jun 2009 11:03 #5845

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Mazal Tov on reaching Level 4! I updated your chart....
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by pureheart.

Re: i'm new here's who i am 13 Jun 2009 22:34 #6202

• the.guard
Waiting for an update for the chart....
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by habits.

Re: i'm new here's who i am 17 Jun 2009 21:01 #6533

• gma316
  • Current streak: 9 days
  • Fresh Boarder
i am sorry it has been so long since my last post. but unfortunatly I have had a very bad 2 weeks I am on a new streak now of 3 day starting monday june 15th as I have fallen and stumbled several times. b"h I will be on my way up though now and beat my last streak with a perminant one this tine be"h.  I feel that hashem though is out to get me and only bad things are happening for me since my first slip more that a week ago but I know that that is not true. 
Last Edit: by לבטהור.

Re: i'm new here's who i am 17 Jun 2009 21:41 #6546

• Efshar Letaken
  • Current streak: 194 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Its the Typical Y"H Talking!

Count Your Aliyas not Yeridas!

If you have not read the Hand books by Reb Guard yet you must read it & follow it.

It will help alot, even when you Chas V'Sholom fall

Yes! It Is Efshar Letaken!
Last Edit: by .

Re: i'm new here's who i am 18 Jun 2009 20:50 #6642

• gma316
  • Fresh Boarder
I started going thru the handbooks again more detailed this time and barouch hashem I have alreday seen them helping.  kol hithchalalos kashos but b"h there is a support network like this to help us as I and all of us continue our goal to over come and get clean. b"h bli eyein horah 4 dyas now and counting.
Last Edit: by realholyyid.

Re: i'm new here's who i am 19 Jun 2009 19:56 #6771

• gma316
  • Fresh Boarder
just wanted to update for today that b"h I am still going strong and no prob. a good shabbbos we should all use its kedusha as a spring board foward
Last Edit: by .

Re: i'm new here's who i am 20 Jun 2009 20:38 #6785

• battleworn
Great! Did you see the new board on the forum about the hanbooks. How about starting a journal over there?
Last Edit: by Foxtrot2.

Re: i'm new here's who i am 20 Jun 2009 20:53 #6786

• the.guard
gma316, it's good to have you back with us! I updated your chart and changed your "Longest Recent Streak" from 23 days to 32 days!

Don't let the fall get you down, just learn from the falls and see how you can make better fences for next time. That's what this game of LIFE is all about. Please do read the handbooks and use the new board that we started for this purpose, as battleworn suggested. See this post in that board.
Last Edit: 20 Jun 2009 21:03 by יהיה בסדר.

Re: i'm new here's who i am 21 Jun 2009 02:34 #6808

• gma316
  • Fresh Boarder
I want to thank you you for the support and chiuzik B"h I had a very kedushadik shaabos and plan on using thatt as a spring bord foward.  6 dyas now b"h thank you again
Last Edit: by Shteig.

Re: i'm new here's who i am 21 Jun 2009 05:58 #6811

• gma316
  • Fresh Boarder
i regret that I have lost yet another sreak I do not know if I should stay on the list or chart as I cant seem to fight any more how far I have faalen from who I was I am 27 divorced alone barley get to see my daughter and live with my parents.  the lonliness gets to musch for me I turn only to hashem and the hand books for help as I type and cry I only wish things were different I want to be able to sit and learn all day again to get a relationship with the ribono shel olam to have my own family again.  Insteated I have brought this terrible illness of lust upon my self and I feel until I break it nothing postivie will come to anymore as I do not deserive it as I go against Hashem.  how can I expect him to be good for me or even provide good for me if keep on falling to my yetzer harah and defying Hashem?
Last Edit: by netenle.

Re: i'm new here's who i am 21 Jun 2009 06:21 #6813

• the.guard
I feel your pain so much. The loneliness is a big factor in your falls. Hashem understands you and he loves you more than you can imagine. The fact you are even trying in your situation is the greatest Nachas Ruach to Hashem, even though you keep falling. We all know this vicious cycle all too well. Please read #23-#30 of the Attitude handbook.

It is brought down in the sefer Menucha V'kedusha, written by a talmid of R' Chaim Volozhiner, that even a person who sins his whole life can still be considered a Tzaddik, as long as he never gives up and always continues to fight. We like to think of success in terms of results. But Hashem looks at our efforts, not at the results.
Last Edit: by tzfania.

Re: i'm new here's who i am 21 Jun 2009 06:47 #6815

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Dear GMA,
Wow. When I read your post, it really gave me a feeling of deja vu. Just last week I posted the following.

"To be honest, I'm jealous (in a good way) of everyone who is putting together large amounts of days while I'm not. This somehow seems harder for me than everyone else (although, that might not be true). Could it be that my 6 days of battle is equal to 16 days of battle for somebody else? Could it be I'm not trying hard enough?"

'Hoping' responded with the following: ""A fall while on the journey is worth more than a clean day while you aren't trying."
Gma, I want you to repeat the last sentence to yourself NOW!

------------------------------------
I also wrote myself the following words of chizuk:
"Our struggle is like a baseball team (us) playing against (struggling against) another team (the Y"H). Although they try to win every game, that's super rare. The key is for them to win a lot more than the amount of games (battles) that they lose.
A winning streak puts them of fire (and we feel invigorated the more days we remain clean). And sure, if they lose one after a winning streak they get upset, but they don't give up! They have to get up and try again the next game. Although breaking a winning streak is not a goal of any team, and it breaks up the momentum built, it doesn't mean they lost the season (or for us, it doesn't mean that we've lost the war). It's just a small setback.
However, after losing a string of games, they feel demoralized. The difference is that in sports, there are a limited number of games that don't go past one year, so, if they lose too many, they are really out of the playoffs and they end their season. However for us, if we lose too many battles, we have many more years ahead (until our deaths), and we are never out of the game until we die.
As long as we're alive it's never too late to start losing and start winning!" 

------------------------------
GMA, I also suffer from loneliness and depression. This is a very hard fight, but there are good reasons to do it.
I'd like you to read my "10 commandments" that I wrote after reading the GUE handbook and the 12 steps. It might help you. I firmly believe that if we read and follow these commandments every day, we'll beat this thing.

Here they are:

Commandment #1: Fill my day with chizuk
Today I'll read through the GYE handbook when taking breaks at work instead of surfing around. I'll read and responses to other people's posts and to my posts, and get chizuk from them.

Commandment #2: Remind myself of my addiction
I am addicted to lust and it overtakes my life if I don't try to control it, and that I can't control it all by myself.

Commandment #3: Strengthen my belief in Hashem
I believe in Hashem who will help me with my battle. I also have a circle of friends here on this forum who are helping me.

Commandment #4: Make Hashem's will my will
* In matters of anger and control: I believe that Hashem controls the world and it's outcome. Therefore, I will try today not to get angry when something happens against my will. I have a natural tendency to want to control my life, my environment, and other people's lives. I will try to learn to stop fighting and let You, Hashem, run the world the way You see fit. I need to learn to accept myself and others.
* I matters of lust: While I will try today not to give in to any of my desires that are against Hashem's will, however, Hashem, You are only one who can relieve my addiction. Please take it away from me!

Commandment #5: Remind myself why I must remove lust from myself
I have to stop lustful emotions as soon as they start by reminding myself that I WANT to let myself go of the lust, because of the following:
* Pleasure is fleeting, false fulfillment, and cuts me off from the world and doesn’t let me feel the tremendous kindness of Hashem, doesn't bind me to the goodness in the world, makes me lose appreciation for my wife and children and be unable to find inner peace.  I remain closed up within a shell.
* Happiness is ever-lasting, real fulfillment, reconnects me to the world, makes me feel the tremendous kindness of Hashem, see the goodness in the world, helps me gain appreciation my wife and children, and find inner peace.

Commandment #6: Break up the day, be happy
Today I'll be happy. I'll break the day into 3 segments: morning (when I wake up until lunch), afternoon (lunch until I get home), and night (when I get home until I wake up). For every hour, and especially after every segment I stay clean, I will be happy about it.

Commandment #7: Guard my eyes
Today I'll guard my eyes in the office and on the street. I will use my filters to guard my eyes on the internet. When I feel weak, I'll try to read from the GYE handbook instead of trying to bypass my filters.

Commandment #8: Make fences
* Today I'll not touch myself.
* Today, when I feel like acting out, I won't. I'll wait 10 minutes, sitting or walking around if need be, and by then the lust will have passed.

Commandment #9: Doven better
Today I will direct my energy and spiritual vigor into my prayers. Today I'll focus on davening with more kavana.

Commandment #10: Love, not lust
I will work on understanding and living the difference between love and lust.

------------------------------------------
We're human, not angels, so it's OK to fall. If we learn from our mistakes and use them to raise us up to even a higher level than before the fall, our fall turns into a mitzva (thus the Chazal that our sins turn into mitzvot after teshuva me'ahava).

Best of luck! You are not alone! We are here for you holding your hand every step of the way!
Last Edit: by adkb1234.

Re: i'm new here's who i am 21 Jun 2009 11:07 #6826

• the.guard
Momo, I had tears in my eyes reading your Chizuk to gma. You are becoming one of the most promising Talmidim in the GUE Yeshiva!!
Last Edit: by Snap.

Re: i'm new here's who i am 21 Jun 2009 18:06 #6870

• Hoping
  • Current streak: 361 days
  • Gold Boarder
GMA-
I can feel the pain in your post. Please please don't give up. If you don't feel the strength to fight right now, please continue to post your feelings and in a little while you will be able to get back up and continue your battle. Remember what Guard always says, when you get up from a fall, you do not start over again. You continue from where you fell.
We are counting on you GMA!
Last Edit: by lonofel.
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes