Welcome, Guest

i'm new here's who i am
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: i'm new here's who i am 15209 Views

Re: i'm new here's who i am 27 Jul 2009 17:37 #9838

• Dov
  • Administrator
gma316 wrote on 26 Jul 2009 15:09:

Chasdei hashem I can say now 7 days as I survived my most dreaded night for the first time in a long time

The hardest times are bottlenecks to a wider path, for me. There will be more in the future, but faith from making it once lasts through to the next one, too!! I suspect it is that way for all of us. You are so fortunate reb Yid!! We Love you!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by .

Re: i'm new here's who i am 29 Jul 2009 03:27 #10026

• gma316
  • Current streak: 9 days
  • Fresh Boarder
As Tisha bav nears and I think Bout the chorban I wonder if with my new streak of almost 10 Days I should dwell on my own personal chorban  and my addction or if that might lead down the wrong path any ideas thAnks?
Last Edit: by lookingup.

Re: i'm new here's who i am 29 Jul 2009 16:23 #10114

• Dov
  • Administrator
gma316 wrote on 29 Jul 2009 03:27:

As Tisha bav nears and I think Bout the chorban I wonder if with my new streak of almost 10 Days I should dwell on my own personal chorban  and my addction or if that might lead down the wrong path any ideas thanks?

Many may strongly recommend this and, by the same token, many others may strongly advise against it. We can cite sources in Torah and experience to go either way. For me, the sha'ayloh is: What works for me today? I'd daven for guidance in this. Then i'd try to do whatever my heart tells me to try and do. Whatever it is, you'll learn about yourself in the process!
As far as the churban is concerned, we are asked to keep our minds on the churban, as a person in shivah is to keep thoughts on the meis, r"l. This is respect for the Beis Hamikdash. So, maybe that's part of the issue, I don't know. I have seen in seforim that all our confusion, misdirection, and real problems, are basically only possible w/o the Ge'ulah and would be fixed were the Tikkun here already. (lots of this in R' TzviMeyer) I get a more useful experience on T" B'av when I recognize that as deeply as possible. I guess that requires some first step work (kind of what you are talking about), Reb GMA.
Have an easy and meaningful fast all Yidden!!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by Imholy.

Re: i'm new here's who i am 30 Jul 2009 13:09 #10171

• chl
bs"d

Dear Gma,

i decided on Tisha b'av afternoon to go through some threads i haven't read yet. As someone mentioned to me we have to mourn the tragedies/struggles of the klal and the prat - they go together. And also think about the geula/successes of the klal/prat  !

So i read through your thread... and all i want to do is give you a hug.

i also want to thank Dov, Battleworn and Guard for a very stimulating discussion with lots of food for thought - all in your zchus, R'Gma!

Hope that you have a meaningful fast, and that we all soon witness a complete redemption, biklal ubifrat.

Last Edit: by jcb12345.

Re: i'm new here's who i am 03 Aug 2009 03:11 #10451

• gma316
  • Fresh Boarder
I just updating every one on how I have been and chasdei hShem I feel great especially beacus I have now gone two straight weekends and the week of cousre and no problems I am concerned that this will end soon but I try not to think about that as that can lead to aprobonits own any way I need advice on new filter for my comp ny ideas thanks to every one
Last Edit: by Pearl.

Re: i'm new here's who i am 03 Aug 2009 03:18 #10456

• bardichev
IT WILL NOT END

TELL THEM BARDICHEV DOES NOT LET!!!
b
Last Edit: by Breakingout.

Re: i'm new here's who i am 05 Aug 2009 03:51 #10820

• gma316
  • Fresh Boarder
I am writing know because I am very afraid that my yetzer is starting to make apush I do not know why but I do not feel as strong starting tonight I am petrified any advice I want to stay clean more than anything and I do not know if I am strong enough for the upcoming war with my yetzer please help
Last Edit: by justmetoo.

Re: i'm new here's who i am 05 Aug 2009 04:01 #10822

• Tomim2B
-- deleted --
Last Edit: 09 Jan 2010 23:14 by .

Re: i'm new here's who i am 05 Aug 2009 13:58 #10884

• Dov
  • Administrator
gma316 wrote on 05 Aug 2009 03:51:

I am writing know because I am very afraid that my yetzer is starting to make apush I do not know why but I do not feel as strong starting tonight I am petrified any advice I want to stay clean more than anything and I do not know if I am strong enough for the upcoming war with my yetzer please help

Thank G-d I do not have wars w/my yetzer, nor with my Yotzer. I am a full-blown addict in full-blown recovery and my "foe" is much more powerful than I'll ever be (and it's getting stronger yet!) and I'm sober today, B"H.
I love you!
Dov
Last Edit: by koiveshyitzro.

Re: i'm new here's who i am 06 Aug 2009 03:39 #10999

• gma316
  • Fresh Boarder
B"h today was not nearly as hard as I thought it might be which makes me feel happy and even more scared but I will keep writing as I feel that that help out a lot and will bezras hashem keep saving me thank you every one
Last Edit: by LevTahor13.

Re: i'm new here's who i am 06 Aug 2009 12:45 #11036

• nezach
its a tremendous satisfaction when you experience strength and shimrah (protection from anything harmful) - recognise that this is Hashem directly helping you!

I feel it is also important to mention that you reflect on your priorities, values and fences so that you continue growing and gaining strength. Now that you have recently succeeded it is important that you gain additional strength and momentum for times ahead : )

Please continue writing regularly as it provides us with chizuk whilst helping and being kind to yourself!!

b'Hazlacha
Last Edit: by .

Re: i'm new here's who i am 07 Aug 2009 02:48 #11165

• gma316
  • Fresh Boarder
Hank you every one for all of your help days can be tough but Baruch jashem I am managing I just try to keep reminding myself if something pops into my head of ways to push it out and keep it out as as turni g away or closing my eyes to avoid seeing inappropriats things thank you all again hayzlachah to all good night
Last Edit: by Hashemsaveme.

Re: i'm new here's who i am 10 Aug 2009 00:34 #11346

• gma316
  • Fresh Boarder
I  happy to say that bli eyin horah I am doing great and strong but that makes me scared I am vunarable to let my guard down
Last Edit: by famous.

Re: i'm new here's who i am 10 Aug 2009 11:23 #11391

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Dear gma, the Yetzer Hara is like the dark clouds of a thunderstorm, but your Neshama is like that flash of lightning that LIGHTS UP THE NIGHT... And at the end of the day, the thunderstorm brings with it showers of blessing, renewal and life! That is how I see you, and that is why I chose this picture for your Avatar on the forum. Keep strong, holy Yid!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by emmafan.

Re: i'm new here's who i am 11 Aug 2009 21:27 #11664

• gma316
  • Fresh Boarder
i had to travel yesterday and it was very hard but baruch hashem i kept thinkinhg about everything i have seen adnheard on this site and baruch ahshem yall saved me thank you
Last Edit: by morehshchoreh.
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes