Welcome, Guest

Momo II: Another try
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Momo II: Another try 54152 Views

Re: Momo II: Another try 16 Sep 2009 17:06 #18430

• stuart
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Gold Boarder
Nice nigun.  Where is the Pasuk from?
Last Edit: by Shema isreal.

Re: Momo II: Another try 16 Sep 2009 17:08 #18434

• letakain
  • Platinum Boarder
  • KOTNMW
shkoyach, momo- you encouraged a newbie to join!

WELCOME, STUART!

this is just a tiny example of the awesomeness of GYE!
wait till Guard welcomes you!
I am proud of myself today because of who I am becoming with progress, not perfection
one day at a time
I am a pickle, and I'll never be a cucumber again. and pickles are YUM!

my thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/6-Women-on-the-way-to-90-Days/248941-Letakains-internet-addiction-journal
Last Edit: by Daves.

Re: Momo II: Another try 16 Sep 2009 18:13 #18463

• Nishmas
  • Senior Boarder
WELCOME STUART!

Another Heiligeh Neshama!

Guard, I think you sent a Chizuk Email once with that Pasuk, and I even looked it up because it was just the Chizuk I needed. I think it's in Tehllim somewhere. Guard, do you know where? Or do you remember where which Chizuk email that was?

AND MOMO,

I have a lot of respect for you, even for just making the attempt. GREAT!!!

Nishmas
Last Edit: by MeiyoYu.

Re: Momo II: Another try 16 Sep 2009 18:29 #18475

• Rage AT Machine
Stuart,

These guys here, they all care for you and we all know how you suffer...ive seen some pretty damn cool things here and i hope you do too....good luck...
Last Edit: by Farsh.

Re: Momo II: Another try 16 Sep 2009 20:01 #18504

• habib613
how can i not join?
k i need to peek through the curtains because the party downstairs looks kinda like purim in Eretz yisroel. or maybe a little like simchas torah.
Last Edit: by helf.

Re: Momo II: Another try 16 Sep 2009 20:04 #18507

• jerusalemsexaddict
(uri comes swaying into the room with a bottle in one hand and a guitar in the other)
kumzits anyone?
and passes out on the couch.....
layla tov chevre
i need some sleep
enough woodford for one night
momo im crashing by u
that ok?
ill hitch home in the morning
thanksss zzzzz...
Last Edit: by Dave love.

Re: Momo II: Another try 16 Sep 2009 20:24 #18512

• Dov
  • Administrator
Keeping the battle-lines drawn way, way back like you are doing here makes things easier for me, too. All the best, you sweet yid, you!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by tmn.

Re: Momo II: Another try 16 Sep 2009 21:03 #18531

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Nice nigun.  Where is the Pasuk from?

Hi Stuart. Welcome to our community. Make yourself your own personal thread on this "Wall of Honor" board so you can post a log of your journey to 90 days. (And then I'll be able to welcome you more formally )

The Pasuk is from Tehhilim 37:5. See Chizuk e-mail #347 on this page (scroll down) to see the words in Hebrew.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by coolguy.

Re: Momo II: Another try 17 Sep 2009 01:13 #18581

• TrYiNg
Finally, the last of the troika staggers in. Weary, bloodshot eyes. AWwww. I always miss the parties. No sleep , Work till late, preparations for yom tov... I promise its not my fault. Ltakein, habib- I see you managed the decorations very well without my help. I see uri off in dream land entangled in greeen streamers. (ltakein whats with this green lately? Think everything has to match ur shirt? )
MOm, I still sense the aura of your presence in the E.N. Thank you for taking a few moments despite your busy schedule to serve as guest of honor at this party. Was there a speech I missed , too? Guard, I always wanted to hear your voice. Does it sound like an echo, like momo heard it?  :D

Seriously, momo, CONGRATS! You have always inspired me to try try and try again May hashem give all the hatzlacha & success in the world!
Last Edit: by aaalll.

Re: Momo II: Another try 17 Sep 2009 06:07 #18622

• Sturggle
  • Current streak: 178 days
  • Platinum Boarder
When I quickly glanced at the chizuk email really late last night I knew I missed something big.

CONGRATS MOMO!!

I think making the commitment is a huge success.
Remember, we're in the here and now.
I'm not thinking ahead of time.
You just scored big time!

Ok..., I am not cleaning up this mess...
So not right, I wasn't even here!!
Last Edit: by 1qaz2wsx.

Thanks! and a thought 17 Sep 2009 06:14 #18625

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you everyone who attended my party yesterday! Great party! It put a smile and a chuckle on my face.

I was thinking last night about my commitment. I realized after the initial "good feeling" wore off that I was scared. I then understood that it's good I was scared because that meant I really mean to do it this time. No more games.

I felt as if I had jumped across the abyss.

That feeling lasted a few moments, but then I wasn't scared anymore. I realize that this time will be different because this time I have a wonderful support system. This time I am armed. My weapons are giving chizuk and getting chizuk on the forum, and attending DC's calls and the 12 step program.

With G-d's help, and the help and support from you guys, I will make it, one day at a time.

I know that if it hurts, and I'm sure it will, when I cry out someone out there will be there to hear my cry and help me.
Last Edit: by Nissim Swartz.

Re: Momo II: Another try 17 Sep 2009 06:21 #18630

• Sturggle
  • Platinum Boarder
beautiful momo.
again, sorry i missed the fun...

have a great day.
Last Edit: by mevakesh11.

Shana tova! 17 Sep 2009 06:23 #18631

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
I would like to wish everyone a shana tova, a year of spirituality and true fulfillment.

May we continue to grow together and help each other.

I'm excited about the coming year. Together we can reach great heights, by pulling each other up higher and higher.
Last Edit: by on the path.

Re: Momo II: Another try 17 Sep 2009 06:54 #18656

• TrYiNg
Amen!
Last Edit: by Needathelp.

Re: Momo II: Another try 17 Sep 2009 07:02 #18659

• Sturggle
  • Platinum Boarder
Amen!
V'chen L'mar!
Last Edit: by sunny days.