Welcome, Guest

Momo II: Another try
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Momo II: Another try 54087 Views

Re: Momo II: Another try 03 Apr 2011 15:48 #103013

• me3
  • Current streak: 97 days
  • Platinum Boarder
That would be nice, despite the decrees of upper management, I really miss him (and not only for the entertainment factor).
Last Edit: by .

Re: Momo II: Another try 01 May 2011 07:01 #104775

7Up wrote on 02 Apr 2011 17:38:

Kutan?
Efshar?

MAZEL TOV MOMO... I am truly wowed.

And inspired too!

you are AMAZING.

very humbly yours,
kutan
Rashi, Breishis (10:25)

Re: Momo II: Another try 02 Aug 2011 06:09 #112980

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi,

I am not coming back, but I thought you deserved an update.

I did hit 90 a while back. In fact, I made it to 102, then I acted out.
I've been struggling back and forth since then.

I've felt after 7 months with my therapist that I wasn't making any headway anymore, so I just switched therapists. We'll see how this one (my 4th one) works out.

Good luck to everyone.
Whatever you do, remember to love yourselves.

Re: Momo II: Another try 02 Aug 2011 12:33 #112990

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Good luck MOMO, thanks for dropping by.

--Elyah

Re: Momo II: Another try 02 Aug 2011 16:21 #113020

• Dov
  • Administrator
We love ourselves. Actually, I am plum crazy about myself . I may need a therapist just to get me to hate myself a little to offset that a bit....

And we love you, too (and I still remember your voice - ha!).
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Momo II: Another try 23 Aug 2011 21:42 #116032

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Wanted to say hi to an old friend. Hi Momo. I love you bro. I think about you a lot.

Re: Momo II: Another try 12 Apr 2015 18:54 #252126

• cordnoy
Momo wrote:
Thanks Steve.

I had a humbling experience at work today. I was getting all sure of myself because I had a really great couple of days at work this week, but today some of my work was found to be faulty (even though some if it was still good). I feel that I was taken down a notch.
My ego is hurting, and I'm trying to not let this get me down too much.
Why do I care so much what other people think of me and my work?
Why can't I focus on the fact that I did a lot of good this week, even though some of what I thought was good really wasn't in the end?
Why focus on the negative? Why do I demand perfection of myself? Nobody's perfect, besides HaShem.

This thread went for a real long time.
The struggles of one individual, and everyone else cheerin' him on.
The end of the story is not clear....at least on this thread.
I chose this post to quote, for it is a cause for many people.
Their ego suffers; somebody said or did somethin' that affected their pride, my pride....our sense of 'self' took a beatin'....that is when our mind and body kicks into defense mechanism of sorts, and we escape to our fantasy land....one where we might be the king and there are others beckonin' to our call....one where we are on top of the mountain....one where it feels so damn good!

And then what?
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: The one post I always wanted to write, but didn't know if I ever would 12 Apr 2015 19:00 #252128

• cordnoy
Momo wrote:
Hi everyone.

I'm not back on the forum. I just thought it would be fair to post once more to let all of my friends and supporters know that yesterday was my 90th not-acting out day. A year ago I told people here that my doing 90 days would be impossible. Baruch shechiyani vekiyimani, vehigiati lazman ha-ze! Thank G-d I'm alive to live this moment!

I feel that for me, it's time to stop counting days, or weeks. Maybe stop counting at all. Just live life with the fact that p*rn isn't a good option anymore for my anxiety. I have other healthier tools to deal with anxiety (what you guys might know as R.I.D.). Going for a walk. Playing with my kids. Talking to my wife. Talking to myself. Talking to my therapist. Upping my medication dosage (just kidding, sort of). 

I sort of feel like I've passed the first level of a video game. It feels good, but you know when the screen displays "Level 2: Start" that the work has just begun. Now, I'm no longer hiding from the real issues by running to p*rn, I can work on the real issues that took me to p*rn. For example, I'm working on my anger, which is just another way of acting out from anxiety, just not sexually. Again, my point is that the p*rn isn't the problem. The anger isn't the problem. The issues that cause the anxiety that brings me to anger (and used to take me to p*rn) are the problem.

Thank G-d I'm finally living, no longer surviving. However I'll be honest, living in the "real" world IS harder than living in the "fantasy" world we create for ourselves when we surf p*rn. But, ask yourselves this: At the end of your lives, do you want to say to yourselves (and I guess to G-d) that you lived, faced challenges, and dealt with them maturely and as best you could, or do you want to say that you lived your lives in a virtual dream world, cut off from your families and from reality, and didn't face any of the challenges you were put here to face?

You might ask yourselves, that's fine after 120 years, but what's in it for me now (living a "real" life)? Here's the instant payback for us: "Real" relationships take much more work than "virtual" ones, but they are much, much more real and satisfying.

If anyone in the future wants to contact me, I'd be ticked pink. Just PM me, and I'll get it in my email. OK, I wont' lie, I'll probably check this page in a day or two to see if anyone responded to this post. 

Love you all. Thanks for your prayers and support. G-d bless.

I chose another one to highlight.
No comment necessary.

Mono, we never met (not that i know of), but I'd love to hear an update.

Thanks for inspirin' me!

b'hatzlachah
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: The one post I always wanted to write, but didn't know if I ever would 16 Apr 2015 16:48 #252429

• shomer bro
  • Platinum Boarder
Both those posts hit home for me, especially the first one. It's something I'm working on, to be able to be proud of myself for my accomplishments and not feel that i need to hear others say that they're proud of me.

Re: The one post I always wanted to write, but didn't know if I ever would 09 Aug 2015 16:00 #261239

• Dov
  • Administrator
Spoke w Momo a few summers ago. Great fellow. Miss him too!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: The one post I always wanted to write, but didn't know if I ever would 11 Mar 2021 05:50 #365230

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Bump

Re: Momo II: Another try 11 Mar 2021 05:54 #365232

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Momo wrote on 17 May 2010 09:42:
I feel like you guys are writing to me stuff like "Keep up surfing MOMO as long as you're happy."

WTF?

Do you guys really think I'm happy feeling out of control? Being a slave to myself?
Do you guys really think I'm happy wasting 90 percent of my work day surfing and not working? Falling way behind in my schedule? Covering up for myself at work?
Do you guys really think I'm happy having an emotional-less and non-physical relationship with my wife? Lusting after other women?

For weeks I've numbed myself and taught myself not to feel any guilt. Now, by your writing and asking me to write I've started to feel again, and da*n you all, now I'm getting emotional.

How can you ask me to stop lusting? It's too powerful! You guys more than anyone should know this.

Re: Momo II: Another try 11 Mar 2021 08:26 #365234

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
YG, why'd you dig this up? (just curious)
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Momo II: Another try 11 Mar 2021 12:03 #365235

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
I found it powerful and emotional, depicting someone in great emotional turmoil and experiencing profound inner struggle.
Something I appreciate 
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes