Welcome, Guest

Momo II: Another try
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Momo II: Another try 54113 Views

Re: Momo II: Another try 29 Jul 2009 08:16 #10060

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Momo,

Your posts are my first stop of my day now. You put me in such a great mood :D
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by ready4life.

Re: Momo II: Another try 29 Jul 2009 08:22 #10066

• TrYiNg
Ye, momo- those excuses sound familiar................
Last Edit: by Why.

Re: Momo II: Another try 29 Jul 2009 12:19 #10091

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Amen!

We'll miss you Momo. Hope the next few days are filled with personal growth through simcha
Last Edit: by fill555.

Re: Momo II: Another try 01 Aug 2009 18:13 #10324

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Guard, gezuntheit!

Ok, Ok, TIGIACEM Stands for: This Is Going Into A Chizuk Email!

And I think we'll be seeing a lot more Momo in the chizuk e-mails, be"h...

Keep summing up David Chaim's calls, I love it!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: 01 Aug 2009 18:17 by StraightEmes.

Re: Momo II: Another try 01 Aug 2009 18:16 #10325

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
And I think we'll be seeing a lot more Momo in the chizuk e-mails, be"h...

Now THAT is the best news Ive heard in a long time ;D ;D ;D
Last Edit: by StraightEmes.

Nice points from Duvid Chaim's call 02 Aug 2009 05:36 #10348

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Here are a few nice ideas from Duvid Chaim's last phone conference call:

- Everything is from Hashem.
- Life is a test.
- Everything HaShem does is good.
- What we see as "bad" is really good that is concealed to us.

Shavua tov everyone!
Last Edit: by Melekh.

Re: Nice points from Duvid Chaim's call 02 Aug 2009 05:56 #10351

• Tomim2B
-- deleted --
Last Edit: 08 Jan 2010 17:27 by .

Re: Momo II: Another try 02 Aug 2009 08:31 #10359

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!

Ok, Ok, TIGIACEM Stands for: This Is Going Into A Chizuk Email!

This is not going to work Guard. As a once in a blue moon abreviation, maybe. But if you plan to use Momo's posts as chizuk letters a lot - and Im pretty sure you do - you will need something a little easier to pronouce! May E.L. or Kutan have some ideas...

How about "ACE!" - "Another Chizuk Email!" 
Last Edit: by drafe.

Re: Momo II: Another try 02 Aug 2009 08:46 #10362

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
Let's not get carried away just because I had a good week.

Anyway, all of the phone call summaries are just rewording Duvid Chaim and the Big Book, so I think you should probably say them "beshem omro".

I accept you presenting my thought of the day in my name.

--------------------------------------
I've had a hard couple of days. Actually it started erev Tisha beAv and has gotten worse each day. I haven't fallen, but I slipped over Shabbat.

I've been clean 12 days so far. Out of those, I had 7 Divinely inspired days. I have to say, those were some of the most meaningful days of my life. I felt HaShem like I haven't felt Him in years. I had the inner strength to perform Mitzvot that I am usually too shy to do, and usually brush them off as "not being for me" or "not being able to do them." I felt like I was living my potential.

HaShem, I want that feeling back!!

I feel the spirit of HaShem has left me, and I'm feeling empty inside. I'm trying to hold off the Y"H from reentering.

I'm looking for inspiration, so I've reopened the GYE handbook and attitude books, and of course writing to my friends here.

Yours,
Momo
Last Edit: by .

Re: Momo II: Another try 02 Aug 2009 08:58 #10367

• Uri
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Platinum Boarder
momo,
all too similiar feelings at this end.sober but not feeling so insprired any ideas?
Last Edit: by AkivaB.

Re: Momo II: Another try 02 Aug 2009 09:10 #10371

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Momo, I dont think you realize what a real chesed you are  doing by summarizing Duvid Chaim's sessions. Not all of us get to listen in.

Once youve reached the level where you felt Hashem, that is yours forever. As you so wisely did; keep asking Hashem to help you retain it.

Y"H=big fat ugly cockroach 02 Aug 2009 10:02 #10375

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
HaShem answered my prayers by sending me a cockroach to kill!

Your read right. After writing my last post, HaShem decided that I should see the huge cockroach running around my office. Anyone who has squished (or stomped) a huge cockroach knows that that that ordeal kills all feelings of lust you might have.

After this incident, it got me thinking. We have to squash the Y"H just like we squash cockroaches! Even thought the Y"H looks prettier, underneath, he's just as ugly as a cockroach. Just imagine the ichy feeling you get just before killing one, and picture killing one, and think of ugly cockroaches running around next time you see some immodest women walking around.

Also, next time you see a cockroach and really don't want to kill it (I never do), just imagine that HaShem sent it to you as target practice for killing the Y"H. You'll really want to kill that sucker!

Uri, that's my "inspiring" post. Sometimes we have to be HaShem's exterminators.
Last Edit: 02 Aug 2009 10:06 by dontstopbelieving.

Re: Momo II: Another try 02 Aug 2009 22:50 #10422

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
I've had a hard couple of days.

Momo, please see my reply to Uri #158 on this page.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Momo II: Another try 02 Aug 2009 23:23 #10427

• 7yipol
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Momo; I honestly think that was one of the most creative posts Ive ever seen on GYE!
LOL
I love the mashal!

Sometimes we have to be HaShem's exterminators.

;D ;D ;D
Last Edit: by mikveh mayim.

HaShem is raising the bar, I hope I can reach it! 03 Aug 2009 11:41 #10509

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
As I wrote yesterday, yesterday was a very tough day. If I can only make it through Sundays, the rest of the week gets easier.

Anyway, I almost fell yesterday. I was as close as one could get at the edge of the cliff just before falling off, and then I pulled myself back to reality. A BIG slip, but not an official fall. Thank HaShem! I feel so good about myself that I was able to pull back.

Yesterday, besides being Sunday which always is hard for me, it was also a very unusually stressful day. One, I received some sad personal news, and two, I have a medical issue that's been in the background for a while and it's getting more uncomfortable (nothing life threatening, but uncomfortable nonetheless). Since it's not getting better (actually, it's getting a bit worse), I can't ignore it anymore, and I've started the process of going to doctors, having tests done... I guess HaShem feels I'm ready to be tested, ready to up the ante to the next level.

So far I haven't had any out of the ordinary tests from HaShem, and I've just started to feel like my ground is getting a bit stable, and now, BAM, this. I pray I can pass this test, and learn to rely on Him for support while I go through this test. I'm a worry wart, and that's not good for my addiction. I have to start learning to rely on HaShem and stop worrying!

Any advice about not worrying/relying on HaShem/not getting stressed out while suffering a mild health condition is welcome!
Last Edit: 03 Aug 2009 11:43 by air .
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes