Welcome, Guest

Momo II: Another try
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Momo II: Another try 54326 Views

Re: Momo II: Another try 03 Jan 2010 01:24 #41107

• habib613
lol!
can i get day 613?
please?

GMG!!
Last Edit: by BobFriedman.

Re: Momo II: Another try 03 Jan 2010 03:51 #41145

• letakain
  • Platinum Boarder
  • KOTNMW
hi, momo. ok, i'm gonna be honest. havn't davened in 2 days. i'm sorry. it's not cuz of you. i was just lazy.
i'm gonna daven tomorrow. ok? keep truking, momo. ur rocking this forum out!
I am proud of myself today because of who I am becoming with progress, not perfection
one day at a time
I am a pickle, and I'll never be a cucumber again. and pickles are YUM!

my thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/6-Women-on-the-way-to-90-Days/248941-Letakains-internet-addiction-journal
Last Edit: by jubilantswan54.

Re: Momo II: Another try 03 Jan 2010 05:04 #41170

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Great news Momo!!!  Keep it up.  I am so glad you have gone where no Momo has gone before.  I love the idea of dedicating days.
Last Edit: by cheerfulkoala41.

Re: Momo II: Another try 03 Jan 2010 05:13 #41175

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
26 is the gematria of yud kay vav kay (hashems name). Dont know if you like gematria, but if you do theres one for you.

-Yiddle
Last Edit: by jollysquirrel26.

Re: Momo II: Another try 03 Jan 2010 05:42 #41181

• TrYiNg
Good
        Morning     
                  MOMO
Last Edit: 03 Jan 2010 07:09 by healingpanther42.

Re: Momo II: Another try 03 Jan 2010 07:00 #41195

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks everyone!

So, today is day number 27, dedicated to 7Up (Mom).
I hope both of us get strength today to do what's right!
Last Edit: by jollyelephant52.

Re: Momo II: Another try 03 Jan 2010 07:04 #41196

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
7Up wrote on 02 Jan 2010 21:19:

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEW ADDICTION ALERT:

I think Im addicted to Momo posts :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

:D

LOL.
Just admit it. Step 1: You're powerless over the force of the Momo.  ;D ;D ;D
Last Edit: by goldneshama1.

Re: Momo II: Another try 03 Jan 2010 08:47 #41235

• habib613
momo, u make me so happy....
day 27!
Last Edit: by resilientsparrow54.

Re: Momo II: Another try 03 Jan 2010 09:55 #41262

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
So anyway, I'm feeling very irritated today.
Maybe it's the Sunday blues.
Maybe it's the disappointment with the latest Kumsitz MP3 and how badly I was recorded.
Maybe it's the realization that this limited way of living I've been doing for the past 26 days will have to continue FOREVER if I don't want to act out again. What I look at is very limited. What I surf is very limited.
No place to escape to when I'm feeling irritated. I'm forced to face the irritations of life and deal with them.
Shver.
Last Edit: by cheerfulbison03.

Re: Momo II: Another try 03 Jan 2010 10:19 #41283

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Momo wrote on 02 Jan 2010 19:45:

I dedicated my 25th day to IT25 because 25 is in his name, and he's my friend. 

Im truly touched , Momo. :'( :'( Thanks man and i love you. :'( :'(
Last Edit: by HAPPYMAIN.

Re: Momo II: Another try 03 Jan 2010 10:24 #41286

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Momo We have to just let go. Theres nothing to do with the recording. Nu nu. We win some and we lose some.  We cant let outside influences determine our moods. Keep on rocking momo.
Last Edit: by joyfulrabbit91.

Re: Momo II: Another try 03 Jan 2010 10:27 #41290

• habib613
oh no!
not one of those days!

i mean good!
this is good, because u can practice everything you learned.
life's not always easy... they're not always good days... and there is no such thing as forever.
just today. can you face your irritations today? please?
cuz tomorrow's is gonna be sooooo much better if you do. can you imagine dealing with the irritations and annoyances for the rest of your life? but if you deal with them now, they'll be minimized tomorrow...
Last Edit: by motherof5.

Re: Momo II: Another try 03 Jan 2010 11:21 #41306

• tester613
  • Current streak: 286 days
  • Gold Boarder
Momo wrote on 03 Jan 2010 09:55:

No place to escape to when I'm feeling irritated. I'm forced to face the irritations of life and deal with them.
Shver.

As Habib said this is Good! Huh? Yes Good.  You had mentioned to me the other day that you do not know what the NEXT step is.  You only wished you had the user manual.  But Momo, the next step is beginning to stare you in the face (perhaps, I could be wrong).  The First stage is learning some basic self control, which you have proven to yourself quite well.  But, the next stage for me was learning how to deal with life and all its frustrations.  The Old me would look at irritation as something that needs to be medicated.  Or I would look at it as something that needs to just pass.  But in fact, I had  to  address it  and learn to understand myself and grow to great heights. 

You can begin to address the current local problem and begin to learn tools on how to properly address, cope and react to difficulties in life.  We cannot always run away from problems.  We need to face them and solve them as much as we could.  And problems that we cannot solve, we learn to have the proper attitude on that issue and on life in general to be equipped.  I know I am being vague, but I am trying to lay down the foundations as much as possible without getting too involved. I have much to say, but I will give a brief example from my life in recent days. I have to get back soon.

In my life currently, two major issues have been going on side by side that have caused me much stress.  And B"H, I have learned to deal with them and gain proper attitude.  I have grown so much from each nisayon.  One of them had to do with my wife, which B"H we have a wonderful relationship.  But recently, something was causing both of us much irritation.  And in the past, we both would have ignored and allowed for the frustration, anger and resentment to build up.  But we each independently, chose a new route for ourselves.  We decided to face the issue together.  By taking this mature approach, we were able to grow so much from this small nisayon.  What started out as issitation and anger ended up in love, understanding and caring.  Just this morning we sat down and had a long talk about this issue.  It all began because my wife went out to buy me prsent just to show me how much she cares for me and loves me.  I started to cry.  It was so beautiful. 

Momo wrote on 03 Jan 2010 09:55:

Maybe it's the realization that this limited way of living I've been doing for the past 26 days will have to continue FOREVER if I don't want to act out again. What I look at is very limited. What I surf is very limited.

A wise man once said:
"Restricting yourself frees yourself to be the real you, while acting out-of-control allows the addiction to control you."

In connection with that our Rabbis tell us that by keeping shabbos we are rewarded "boundless" property.  How interesting.  By keeping shabbos, which we associate with the restrictions is in fact rewarded with total freedom and endless growth.
BY learning to restrict yourself, you are actually freeing yourself to a growth that will see no bounds. 

You ROCK!
Last Edit: 03 Jan 2010 11:32 by empoweredkoala78.

Re: Momo II: Another try 03 Jan 2010 11:31 #41307

• Momo
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks IT25, Habib and YS. Just to have YS post here makes my kvetching all worth it!

OK, so I just faced the fact I was irritable. I decided that acting out wouldn't help long run, and would only depress me, so that's not an option. Instead, I called my wife, then I called Uri, then I had lunch with a lot of guys from work and we joked around.

I'm feeling better now although I still feel sad and empty inside.

So I'm "clean" 26 days, but I still feel sad and empty sometimes, like something's missing. I wonder what it is, and why I'm not getting it.

Mom, you there with an explanation?

Habib, I'm keeping on rockin'. You do too (after getting a good night's sleep)!
Last Edit: by empoweredkoala78.

Re: Momo II: Another try 03 Jan 2010 11:39 #41309

• tester613
  • Current streak: 286 days
  • Gold Boarder
Oh no, I am addicted to Momo's thread Yikes!  Where is Momoholoics when you need them.

Anyway, while the addiction is still strong might as well make the best of it.  I want to address the following:

So I'm "clean" 26 days, but I still feel sad and empty sometimes, like something's missing. I wonder what it is, and why I'm not getting it.

Please Read Realistic Outlook on Recovery, where I address this issue.  Particularly, read the following:
"When I began seeing sobriety as a goal onto its own without any promises but as a necessary building block for my life, my drive for the goal and satisfaction with the goal was much easier. I had to walk out of the fantasy world. Sobriety does not lead to a good life.  But it will allow me to work on living the life as I know it.  "

KG, claims that the whole thread was worth it for that line.  It is a fundamental yesod in recovery.  Without it, I never would have survived.  I know it is hard for some people to swallow, but when we deal with reality as opposed to fantasy, we are helping ourselves in the long run. 

Feel free to question or comment. 

Keep Rocking!!!!!!!
Last Edit: 03 Jan 2010 11:40 by brightotter46.
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes