Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: victory 38197 Views

Re: victory 05 Feb 2010 16:25 #51455

• rashkebehag
How can a person know what his job really is. If the garbage collector had gotten a better education he might have become the Kings minister, but he was lazy and ended up being just a garbage collector. How can he walk with his head high? Might not one's position in life (and one's nisyonos) be a result of the bad choices he made?  ???
Last Edit: by .

Re: victory 05 Feb 2010 17:32 #51465

• bardichev
OY YOY SHABBOS KOIDESH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: victory 06 Feb 2010 21:38 #51566

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
rashkebehag wrote on 05 Feb 2010 16:25:

How can a person know what his job really is. If the garbage collector had gotten a better education he might have become the Kings minister, but he was lazy and ended up being just a garbage collector. How can he walk with his head high? Might not one's position in life (and one's nisyonos) be a result of the bad choices he made?  ???
It is said over from many, including the GR"A, that the way a person knows what his mission in life is, by looking to find what he struggles with the most. Need more be said??

Re: victory 08 Feb 2010 01:42 #51828

• Dov
  • Administrator
All I can believe (and remain sane at the same time), is that the place I find myself right now is exactly the job Hashem has for me. The very best job, in fact.
Then as time goes on, I need to trust that He'll schlep me off to wherever He prefers me to be. K'heref ayin a king can raise me from a garbage man to his personal toothbrusher! Then to be his dentist, and then his viceroy! Who knows?
Kal v'chomer with HKB"H. Hayad Hashem tikztor?
Just do what's in from of you and stop thinking so d*** much. (I'm talking to myself.)
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: victory 08 Feb 2010 05:45 #51857

• bardichev
Dov thhanks

Its called KOT

A yeshivah bochur once asked his rebbe

Rebbe what should I do I have no cheshek to learn?

Nuu nuu said the Rebbe,Learn without cheshek

Re: victory 08 Feb 2010 18:19 #51959

• Dov
  • Administrator
Reb b.

Why is it that what it takes me four pages to say, you can use three initials for? WHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYWHYW? (what letter was I up to?)

Have a nice day. You too Rashkimohn.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: victory 08 Feb 2010 21:53 #52007

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
dov wrote on 08 Feb 2010 01:42:

All I can believe (and remain sane at the same time), is that the place I find myself right now is exactly the job Hashem has for me. The very best job, in fact.
Then as time goes on, I need to trust that He'll schlep me off to wherever He prefers me to be. K'heref ayin a king can raise me from a garbage man to his personal toothbrusher! Then to be his dentist, and then his viceroy! Who knows?
Kal v'chomer with HKB"H. Hayad Hashem tikztor?
Just do what's in from of you and stop thinking so d*** much. (I'm talking to myself.)
You do , do alot of talking to yourself, dont you Rebbi?

Re: victory 08 Feb 2010 22:29 #52055

• Dov
  • Administrator
First reb TzviMeyer spoke it to me, then I heard it, and ever since I have been speaking it to myself and others in order to remember it!  :-*

Re: victory 08 Feb 2010 22:47 #52075

• bardichev
DOV YOU MET REB TZVI MEYER

I ALSO DID!!

WOW!!

I AM BLOWN AWAY!!!!!!!

Re: victory 08 Feb 2010 23:00 #52084

• Dov
  • Administrator
What, now I'm just a poshuteh liar?!?!
Of course I met him. We rented an apt on Sorotzkin for a week twosummers ago so that I could daven with him during the week and for that Shabbos. I used to do his "divrei Chizzuk" on chumash weekly, but fell out of the habit over the past year. I tell myself that it's cuz of other things I'm busy with, but his toira is always such an eye-opener that it's k'dai to "make" time for it, anyway.
OK, so how did you meet him?

Re: victory 10 Feb 2010 18:31 #52536

• rashkebehag
kidding aside everyone, and thanks for your input. IT, I don't think its as simple as you say, even with the GRa. Rav Yisroel Salanter writes in Or Yisroel that the rule of לפום צערא אגרא only applies if it is a hard mitzva to begin with, or a hard aveira to avoid, but if the person made it hard for himself than there is no such rule because its all his fault.
So too, if one made it hard for himself what is the proof that it is his תפקיד to conquer a YH that he alone brought upon himself? So too with any position in life, maybe he put himself where he doesn't belong.
We see מרדכי had to tell אסתר : ו that ומי יודע אם לעת כזאת הגעת למלכות. Meaning she had to be told that this is what Hashem set you up for. She might have missed the purpose of her being there.
And we find people that seemed to have missed their opportunity as it says: אלו ידע ראובן שהתורה תכתוב עליו ויצילהו מידם היה מביאו על כתיפיו לאביו . So you see its possible to miss your opportunity. In this site it is constantly being stressed that Hashem is happy with our war against the YH. I am glad, and hope its true, but maybe its our fault for getting ourselves into this mess? Aren't there people around that just have no problem with it, or is it universal. I mean, like not everyone is an addict.

Re: victory 10 Feb 2010 21:24 #52578

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
My dear friend ( is it ok if i say that?) did i say anything about hard??

Why did we make this aveirah hard on ourselves more than other aveiros?? What brought about this specific hard struggle?? Because we felt a need for this specific thing. that need comes from what our mission was set out to be. This is where the Gra comes in. Of course over time we made this so hard on ourselves. And to that R Y Salanter says there is no lefum tzara agra ( although wouldnt mind if you let me know the exact mekor for this). But why was this the aveirah we felt attracted too?? Why why why?? why didnt we pick on eating nonkosher?? Or being mechalel shabbos?? Or whatever else there is?? Why why why?? This my friend is where the gra comes in. Its because we have a natural strong attraction to this aveirah. And that is because we are meant to be mesaken this from an earlier gilgul.

Was i clear?? Hope so.

Re: victory 10 Feb 2010 22:46 #52601

• me
but maybe its our fault for getting ourselves into this mess?

And, in many cases, it started when we were mere children with no daas. Or we found shmutz somewhere without looking for it, and we didn't know how to handle the situation. And in this case, don't we say, הכל מין השמיים חוץ מיראת

Re: victory 11 Feb 2010 17:58 #52730

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes i second that Reb Me. I had seen so much before i was 13 that i didnt stand much of a chance really!! And that was all before i had bechira. Seems like Hashem wanted me to be a garbage man after all!

Re: victory 11 Feb 2010 19:19 #52758

• rashkebehag
Good answer IT! And thanks for the input ME. The Words of Reb Yisrael have to be looked up.It's in the sefer I mentioned if I find it I will post it. but you are right, I also got into it since i was a young child, I recall being a boy of eleven and fantasizing and not understanding why this is exciting me. What can we do to protect our youth? Its like when a teenager starts smoking to be cool and doesn't realise how much he'll regret it later
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes