Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: victory 38187 Views

Re: victory 17 Dec 2009 17:34 #35473

• bardichev
Ah freilichen chanukka

FELL SHMELL

FUGGEDABOUTIT!!!!

Keepontruckin!!!

b

Last Edit: by anonymousrainbow.

Re: victory 17 Dec 2009 23:13 #35601

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
rashkebehag wrote on 17 Dec 2009 17:01:

( >(Rabosai! I have falllen. I was doing so well, had no pull whatsoever and then i tripped upon a site that the filter let through and I lost control.  My ipod filter did catch that site, boruch Hashem.After so many weeks and months. I guess I was being too smug and complacent. Anyway, with the help of the filter gabbai I adjusted the filter to block that site and I am in business again. I also think my mistake was that I didn't visit this site for a while. So. i wouldlike to hear from all my freinds.

You're the kind of guy who doesn't let a fall get you down. "An addict is an addict", and when we are caught by lust unexpectedly, we can easily fall. Don't beat up on yourself. We j need to make new and better fences, get up and KEEP TRUCKING!!

And of-course, staying connected with the community is always healthy and useful too! 

Be well!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by aaron7891.

Re: victory 18 Dec 2009 00:39 #35632

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Im  ot sure i qualify as a friend but im here for you bro. Sorry to hear about your fall. But as bardy sp splendidly put it...FELL SHMELL. Please just pick yourself up wipe your self off and keep on truckin. Oh thats Bardys too. Ok too bad for me no originality sorry.
Last Edit: by ihtir.

Re: victory 20 Dec 2009 20:14 #36151

• rashkebehag
thank you for the responses, any one on this site is a friend because we are all in this together. No, a fall doesn't get me down but it takes me a while to get strong again. My defenses are weak.  the lust is very strong once I have been exposed and the YH keeps feeding me crazy thoughts and plans how to give in. You know what was mechazek me? What dov posted to me recently, that He wants in shamayim that they should anounce, " Here comes Dov and he's no Dummy". If I let myself go now, I would be a real Dummy.
Last Edit: by moisheufnik.

Re: victory 20 Dec 2009 20:17 #36157

• levite
  • Current streak: 652 days
  • Expert Boarder
The power of one sigh
How precious when you sigh out of longing for something holy. The sigh you emit because you are far from holiness breaks the bond of impurity that was trapping you. Now you can bind yourself with the cord of holiness. But the opposite is true when you sigh with desire for something wrongful, God forbid.

One sigh of regret over your sins and great distance from God is worth more than many fasts and other forms of self-mortification. The sighs you emit when you desire something holy can actually break the force of your bodily urges, enabling your soul to draw nearer to your body and communicate to it something of her own perception of God.

Likutey Moharan I, 109
Last Edit: by shefasimcha.

Re: victory 21 Dec 2009 02:42 #36285

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I have no originality to offer (I'm even copying IT25 when I say that :D). All I can say is that we're all here for you, and also another thing that I noticed - in the same email about falling, you not only talked about getting up and continuing, you mentioned how you've already taken concrete steps to help prevent future falls.

You rock!
Last Edit: by yehudal.

Re: victory 21 Dec 2009 13:39 #36354

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for giving us a lesson from our very own rashkebehag. Teaching us how to pick ourselves up after a fall. 
Last Edit: by temp1210.

Re: victory 24 Dec 2009 19:31 #37799

• rashkebehag
I can't begin to tell you all how this site is a lifesaver. Whenever i feel a sliight urge i go on to this site and read or post and the YH goes away. He literally retreats before an army of warriors.
Last Edit: by schwartzinc1.

Re: victory 24 Dec 2009 19:33 #37800

• bardichev
GEVALDIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!
Last Edit: by bcny900.

Re: victory 24 Dec 2009 22:23 #37833

• Dov
  • Administrator
Indeed! As soon as we turn that light on, lust runs away and hides (for later, maybe)...after a while, we just need to reach for the switch...maybe later even just decide to reach for the switch...ok maybe that's pushing it...
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by generald.

Re: victory 27 Dec 2009 08:28 #38243

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
YOU ARE SOMEBODY SPECIAL!!!
Last Edit: by determinedhusband.

Re: victory 27 Dec 2009 09:15 #38302

• ano nymous
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Please READ and VOTE on this new poll I just created over here: rehab-my-site.com/guardureyes/forum/index.php?topic=1427.0
Last Edit: by doviddoes.

Re: victory 29 Dec 2009 23:01 #39731

• rashkebehag
I am not special at all its just that i have suffered so much and must stay clean for my own sanity and all the other reasons that are so evident. i checked the poll out and i don't see any purpose in it. It is in fact halachicaly right that one should hide his aveiros and that is the beauty of this site. No one here has to know that some talmid Chochom is checking out bad sites. It is a chillul Hashem . So that talmiid Chochom can go on this site, get chizuk, and help without creating a questionable situation.
Last Edit: by serenejaguar62.

Re: victory 29 Dec 2009 23:18 #39747

• Dov
  • Administrator
Nu. Simple and well-said, Rashkeh. Thanks!

"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by renewedelephant70.

Re: victory 30 Dec 2009 14:07 #39973

• Momo
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
rashkebehag wrote on 29 Dec 2009 23:01:

I am not special at all its just that i have suffered so much and must stay clean for my own sanity and all the other reasons that are so evident.

I disagree. You ARE special because most of the world surfs p*** and doesn't give a d*** about it! Just the fact it bothers you and you're trying to overcome it makes you special.
So, everyone on this forum is special, including you!
Last Edit: by wondrousmongoose94.
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes