Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: victory 38590 Views

Re: victory 28 Nov 2009 21:51 #30910

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 745 days
You're on the Wall of Honor (#12), but if you want to start over you can simply log in with the username "Rashkebehag" on this page, and put in a new starting date!

(if you forgot the password, let me know).

Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by EyeFight.

Re: victory 29 Nov 2009 16:54 #31084

• rashkebehag
I guess I am not good at this, I tried to update the chart. I want to start again at Nov 20. Did I forget the password or something? I thought we all have the same password: GYE I dokn't want recorded that I had a fall, that's not it. i want to have 90 days recorded on a new level. no slips, and no pull . the fact that I am in contact with you actually takes away the YH
Last Edit: by matidule.agelogo@labworld.org.

Re: victory 29 Nov 2009 18:13 #31097

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Jack has pointed out how helpful it is to get to 90 days without any slips - how much easier it makes things for the long term.

Chazak v'Ematz!
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by tkw.

Re: victory 29 Nov 2009 18:41 #31105

• rashkebehag
Thanks, Kedusha. Where is Jack's post about this? I want to read it. I know it will help be be extra vigilant
Last Edit: by DeletedUser5297.

Re: victory 29 Nov 2009 19:10 #31107

• kedusha
  • Administrator
I'm not sure, but here's the link to his thread, which should give you much Chizuk in any event.  

Please let me know if you find where he talks about how helpful it is not to even slip during the 90 days.

rehab-my-site.com/guardureyes/forum/index.php?topic=36.0
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by mendy+6152022c.

Re: victory 30 Nov 2009 16:55 #31271

• rashkebehag
I read his piece and found what you are writing about. the thing about these posts that i read,  is when i read other people's horror stories I can't really relate to them fully because i was never hooked on real hard core p-------- . Nor did I ever m---------------. I did see inappropriate material and i have found pleasure in that and do have a YH to see women in compromising positions and attire or the lack of. But I have never descended to real terrible sites and sights. I never let these things take over my life. I am addicted and thank Hashem that it hasn't gone further and it is only through this site and this forum that I have been able to be at this point that I am now and really feel bad about all the years that I have wrestled with it without success. But, like I said, reading other stories makes me think I am a צדיק  and that for sure is not true. I enjoy when others discuss with me the struggle that we are all in, it helps me overcome mine. I used to peek into the covers of magazines in newsstands as I walked by. than when I got Internet I stopped because I had more availability this way. Now that I stopped using the computer I feel the urge more when I walk by a newsstand but I restrain myself because I don't want to lose the 90 days. So, I am addicted but in a light way  if there really is such a thing.
Last Edit: by Menachem2.

Re: victory 30 Nov 2009 23:14 #31352

• Dov
  • Administrator
Am I a tzaddik for not shooting myself in the head by looking at a magazine rack? Or am I just not a dummy? I choose the latter. Halevai Hashem should call me up after 120 and announce in shomayim: "here comes dov...and he's no dummy!"
Thanks, I loved writing that, rashke....
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by bebest.

Re: victory 30 Nov 2009 23:25 #31353

• rashkebehag
:
dov wrote on 30 Nov 2009 23:14:

Am I a tzaddik for not shooting myself in the head by looking at a magazine rack? Or am I just not a dummy? I choose the latter. Halevai Hashem should call me up after 120 and announce in shomayim: "here comes dov...and he's no dummy!"
Thanks, I loved writing that, rashke....

[/quote] I enjoyed reading it more than you enjoyed writing it. I am leaving my computer after anothe day with no slips. looking forward to hearing from you tomorrow
Last Edit: by 321cmb.

Re: victory 09 Dec 2009 04:23 #33381

• rashkebehag
I had a scare this week and feel it should be known for others to watch out. I bought a used Ipod and when it arrived it came with Utube on it and access to internet [i]with no filter[i] [/iI thought I was in for it so I quickly asked someone more savvy than me what to do about it. He blocked the Utube and removed the Safari which is the internet and put on Bsecure which is internet with a filter. Plus, he put on a password which only he knows so that I can't unblock whatever he blocked for me. I can breath easier now.
Last Edit: by fitnesslex.

Re: victory 09 Dec 2009 04:29 #33384

• kedusha
  • Administrator
[quote="rashkebehag" link=topic=466.msg33381#msg33381 date=1260332622]
I had a scare this week and feel it should be known for others to watch out. I bought a used Ipod and when it arrived it came with Utube on it and access to internet [i]with no filter[i] [/iI thought I was in for it so I quickly asked someone more savvy than me what to do about it. He blocked the Utube and removed the Safari which is the internet and put on Bsecure which is internet with a filter. Plus, he put on a password which only he knows so that I can't unblock whatever he blocked for me. I can breath easier now.
[/quote]

You had me there for a moment, Rashkebehag.  I thought you meant that something REALLY scary happened, such as . . .

YIKES!  AN UNFILTERED IPOD???  SCARY ISN'T EVEN THE WORD!  :o :o :o
Last Edit: by BitzlBitzl.

Re: victory 09 Dec 2009 06:24 #33393

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
That's another thing i love about this site - different levels of addiction, different types (levels) of aveiros - but everyone helps each grow! Yeah, it could be easy for every person in their own way to look at others and breathe a sigh of relief. And I'm pretty sure that ANYONE here could find some way that they're "not as bad" as other people. But we don't, and I think that's incredible. Instead, we use each other's stories to help promote even more growth.

Thank you for pointing that out!
Last Edit: by 20232024.

Re: victory 10 Dec 2009 18:23 #33903

• Dov
  • Administrator
silentbattle wrote on 09 Dec 2009 06:24:

That's another thing i love about this site - different levels of addiction, different types (levels) of aveiros - but everyone helps each grow! Yeah, it could be easy for every person in their own way to look at others and breathe a sigh of relief. And I'm pretty sure that ANYONE here could find some way that they're "not as bad" as other people. But we don't, and I think that's incredible. Instead, we use each other's stories to help promote even more growth.

Thank you for pointing that out!
Nice point! It is a beautiful place here! It's actually a basic yesod of AA.
You can find the idea in Igerres haRMB"N, sort of. In the B'nei Yisosher's sefer on kavonoh in mitzvos called, "Derech Pikudecha", he describes an inyan and goes out of his way to suggest it as a tool for how to judge ourselves as lower, in certain respects, than another yid who we know is still being mezaneh, even though we are clean of z'nus. Obviously, we are not to feel any bit above anyone else. The trick is to do it.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by mento 123.

Re: victory 10 Dec 2009 19:22 #33924

• rashkebehag
The Ramban is talking about seeing each person as better than you in some way, which is a beautiful thought
Last Edit: by loginnuser.

Re: victory 10 Dec 2009 22:27 #33984

• fightingyyid
  • Current streak: 71 days
  • Expert Boarder
[quote="rashkebehag" link=topic=466.msg33381#msg33381 date=1260332622]
[/quote]

Thank you very much for this info!  and thank you GYE for sending it out as a daily tip. although i am bh computer savvy i was in a big quandary as to what to do with my iphone and the yetzer hara stopped me from this simple solution.

Tizku lemitzvos!
"The passion and the flame is ignited,
you cant put it out once we light it"
Last Edit: by tahor1234.

Re: victory 17 Dec 2009 17:01 #35470

• rashkebehag
( >(Rabosai! I have falllen. I was doing so well, had no pull whatsoever and then i tripped upon a site that the filter let through and I lost control.  My ipod filter did catch that site, boruch Hashem.After so many weeks and months. I guess I was being too smug and complacent. Anyway, with the help of the filter gabbai I adjusted the filter to block that site and I am in business again. I also think my mistake was that I didn't visit this site for a while. So. i wouldlike to hear from all my freinds.
Last Edit: by klugaz.
Time to create page: 0.56 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes