Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: victory 38207 Views

Re: victory 12 Jun 2009 12:33 #6141

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Hi everyone. The beautiful discussion about Torah vs. the 12 Steps was so amazing that I had to make it into a thread on it's own. It didn't have to do with Rashkebehag's journey on the wall of honor anyway, so I moved it to the "Breaking Free" board over here.

Thanks everyone for sharing. It was a very inspiring and enlightening thread. Feel free to continue it!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by NoYiush.

Re: victory 12 Jun 2009 17:20 #6159

• bardichev
raskebehag

dont worry we wont ignore you

you were zocheh to be the bais bedrash where we are all huriving in torah

gut shabbos
bardichev
Last Edit: by .

Re: victory 13 Jun 2009 22:01 #6191

• the.guard
Hi Rashkebehag,

I await your update for the 90-day chart...

Keep strong!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by OnTheTightrope.

Re: victory 15 Jun 2009 15:34 #6289

• rashkebehag
I want everyone to know that I did update my chart on Thurs because this friday i wasn't going to be iin front of a computer. I think there was a mistake in how I addressed it. I apreciate that you all don't leave me alone. it is comforting and encouraging. I am holding now by day 52! time flies. I am now as they say in yiddish: "nenter vie vieter" 'closer than further' . I can't thank you all enough for the new freedom that i am feeling. i will post more later.
Last Edit: by stand up.

Re: victory 18 Jun 2009 20:47 #6641

• rashkebehag
i fell! 2 days ago, no excuses. So , I strenghthened my filter and am starting again, "D---- the torpedoes, full steam ahead, this time with no slips. So will have an even better 90 days than I would have had the 1st time
Last Edit: by yroi.

Re: victory 18 Jun 2009 20:59 #6646

• bardichev
Rashkebehag fell shmell you still owe me a lchaim
and if you start your 90 days now i will have to buy another bottle of woodford for "slichos nacht" nu nu it will be a good way to end off the year!

Lchaim
bardichev
if I feel a bump under my chair I will know it's one of your torpedoes!!
Last Edit: 18 Jun 2009 21:05 by .

Re: victory 18 Jun 2009 21:03 #6648

• the.guard
Your attitude is great.

The honesty is the first step. Kol Hakavod on that.

Second is to realize that you are still definitely winning this battle. Over 50 days clean! Imagine how many hundreds of times you said "no" to the Yetzer hara in that amount of time! And he only got you once!

Third is to learn from the fall what caused it, and make new and better fences. This uplifts the fall to Kedusha.

Fourth. Please read Principle #24-30 of the attitude handbook. You'll find a lot of great yesodos for dealing with a fall.

Rashkebehag, you are inspiring us tremendously by not letting the fall get you down. If you learned only this Yesod on GYE, it would have been worth it! You have what it takes to beat this. You've hit level 5 on the chart, now you'll BEAT THAT - Full steam ahead!

Re: victory 19 Jun 2009 13:48 #6711

• rashkebehag
Berdichev, thanks, but I just want to clarify my use of that famous quote from the war of 1812. that the torpedoes are those of the YH. i am going full speed ahead despite the torpedoes that the menuval is shooting at me. Guard, i realize the worth of those precious 50 days. I don't feel down. I know i have the tools. Aderaba, the slips that I had kept bothering me that maybe i should start over anyway, so when I had the fall my sfeikos were answered.ואין שמחה כהתרת ספיקות . I will check the Handbook like you suggest.
Last Edit: by pd.

Re: victory 19 Jun 2009 14:56 #6725

• bardichev
rashkebehag
thanks for the clarifacation

but if YH is shooting at you  that means you still in the game

her is another famous line from the war of 1212

During his engagement with Serapis, Jones uttered, according to the later recollection of his First Lieutenant, the legendary reply to a quip about surrender from the British captain: "I have not yet begun to fight!"

rashkebehag
good shabbos
bardichev
Last Edit: by motorah.

Re: victory 20 Jun 2009 21:49 #6795

• the.guard
Dear Rashke,

I updated your chart and now it says 52 days under "Longest Recent Streak" instead of just a QUESTION MARK!  ;D

So June 20 is 4 days? 

Keep up the great attitude!
Last Edit: by gyeguarded.

Re: victory 23 Jun 2009 21:23 #7139

• rashkebehag
I feel myself faltering and am afraid to go near the computer. please give me chizuk

Re: victory 23 Jun 2009 21:39 #7143

• the.guard
Dear Rashke,

A fall will always make us feel down and weaker, unless we USE it to learn how to get even stronger! I suggest reading the handbooks in depth, slowly and carefully, and exploring which tools we haven't tried yet, which better fences we can make for next time. And the attitude handbook can do a lot to cheer you up!

Did you see the new announcement here? That's great news for you. Take a look at your chart over here. Notice that you now have 56 cumulative days!!

May I ask you a question? We know that the things we struggle with most are the reason we came down to this world. So did you really think that your soul's tikkun would come so easy?  :D

Keep happy as can be! A fall while on the journey, is worth more than a clean day when NOT!
Last Edit: by WinstonSmith.

Re: victory 30 Jun 2009 03:03 #7689

• bardichev
HELLO HI ITS BARDICHEV CALLING IS MR RASHKE B. HAAG HOME?

HI GOOD EVENING MR B.HAAG

HI WE ARE CALLING FROM GUARD YOUR EYES

YES WE NEED YOU BACK ON THE FORUM

BYE NOW

MR. BARD D. CHEV
Last Edit: by חמודי.

Re: victory 02 Jul 2009 21:19 #8029

• rashkebehag
thanks Mr.B. D. Chev for your call. I am back again. During this season I  i am not so often by my computer. The main temptation now is in the street. Have any of you noticed that if one is not careful with his eyes in the street they start to hurt? I mean it. It isn't a real pain just that they are not comfortable. it's a real feeling. Just like when you leave the mikva you feel a special type of cleanliness the eyes feel an opposite type of impurity when they start roving around too much. I lost count of how many days i am clean, boruch Hashem, but having been away from the computer has helped me feel good about myself vis a vis  the tempation. i also adjusted the filter another notch with some one else with me when we got the password. i then deleted it and threw it away. its a nice and safe feeling. I haven''t been reading the forum lately so i guess i have to be updated how everyone is doing. I just want to relate that recently I had the urge to take a second look at a prutzah that went by and I remembered the Chizuk about making a million dollars and it really helped. Waitng to hear from everyone as i make my journey to be addictive free.
Last Edit: by my.

Re: ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE WALL OF HONOR GUYS 02 Jul 2009 21:25 #8033

• rashkebehag
mark me for 16 days today thurs. I may not be by my computer on friday.
Last Edit: by meayinezri.
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes