Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: victory 38198 Views

Re: victory 02 Jun 2009 21:30 #5617

• Ykv_schwartz
Kedusha wrote on 02 Jun 2009 21:17:

I agree that "Oso Isha" is clearly only a Siman (an indication) that the Teshuva was accepted, not a Tnai (a prerequisite)

Rabeinu Yona (shaar 1; 49) writes it explicitly, as I had mentioned above.  We do not need to take guesses.  The Rabeinu Yona does admit that the pshat of the gemara is to be taken literally.  He just adds that if a person does not have that nisayon again, he should be add yiras hashem and can fullfill the concept of the gemara.  However, the Rambam implies that it is real, as I mentioned above.  Even the Rambam does not mean that it is a tenai, but rather a sibah, similar to the nisayaon of Avraham avinu, whereby he became a Yirei hashem through the nisayon.  The concept is that Hashem builds us through the nisayon.  
Last Edit: 02 Jun 2009 21:32 by HashemsSoldier.

Re: victory 02 Jun 2009 22:01 #5625

• rashkebehag
I was expecting berdichev to mix in here in his inimitable style. I like what he is saying that putting in the filter is the tshuva and ykv explained that a geder is tshuva, great. But, I disagree that the subway is boisoh eishah, for me the computer is the nisayon. as  posted before, when i am weak by the computer than i weaken all over, but oisoh eishah is the computer, for me at least. thank you all for your thoughts, they give me much chizuk.
Last Edit: by .

Re: victory 02 Jun 2009 22:14 #5627

• bardichev
raskebhag  am  I soo pedictable?

this memrah of the suway was said 50 years ago!! by heilige Rebbes who saw a world in Europe and then one in America

I have abetter question for you and I"m sure the answer will hurt me.And I am sure there are different answers for different people
here is the question is not having a filter on the computer considered IKKA DARKA ACHRINI??

Please be easy on me and tell me the truth even if it hurts .at the time I don't have a filter because of many reasons pertaining to my business and my network.

If I am a RASH tell me I am a big boy I will have to deal with it .I will speak to my RAv and to my computer technitian.
AM I A RASHA??

h&h
b

Re: victory 02 Jun 2009 22:51 #5631

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
For you, it might not be "Ika Darka Achrina."  But be careful!
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by supergirl.

Re: victory 02 Jun 2009 23:05 #5632

• Dov
  • Administrator
A few posts are still mentioning the idea of the teshuvah "being accepted". I don't know about you, but Yaakov's post above was quite clear. Even a partial teshuva is accepted. It is the mitzvah of teshuva. Is it complete? No. But I doubt I have ever done the mizvah of tzitzis completely, for example, either! In fact, RMBM writes that Hashem gave us SO many mitzvos in order that eventually we'd do at least ONE of them right (on "Yagdil Torah vyaadir"). I won't be a perfectionist, bedavka in the mitzva of teshuva. It'd just be me putting my spiritual growth and sobriety on hold again. I did that all the years I acted out and don't want to go back there again.
Yes, the teshuva is accepted. Is it gemura? Probably not yet. I'll gladly trade the "gemura" for an honest relationship with my Tatte in himmel today and not worry about tomorrow. Love to you all!
PS. The original Bardichever would probably not have worried about whether he was a tzddik or a rasha and just kept his focus on doing Hashem's will for him. The one with the small "b" can do tha same. A simple psak from a rov may be a good idea here, though, just to get it over with... 
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by JoinedtoHaShem.

Re: victory 03 Jun 2009 03:28 #5637

• bardichev
thank you dov

your calm and clear way of thinking is soo refreshing.

enjoy your donuts!!

Re: victory 03 Jun 2009 12:26 #5645

• rashkebehag
berdichev, I mamash can't be Masig how you can exist without a filter, do you at least have Covenant Eyes with a sponsor who you can be honest with? than you don't need a filter and yet whatever you do is reported to your sponsor and that takes away most of the Nisayon

Re: victory 03 Jun 2009 14:00 #5652

• bardichev
yes  I do have
covenant eyes
Last Edit: by silencebringer.

Re: victory 03 Jun 2009 14:11 #5655

• Efshar Letaken
  • Current streak: 194 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I had to check in before I leave.

"b"ardichev

If you have covenant eyes then I pasken that you definatly "Not" a Rasha.

In some cases it works better then a filter, because filters if you figure out ways around it your still in danger but a sponsor watching you cant be gotten around.

I have covenant eyes with the filter.

they have a great filter cost almost nothing & doesn't slow down anything.

Excited
Efshar Letaken
Last Edit: by BruceWayne.

Re: victory 03 Jun 2009 14:25 #5657

• kedusha
  • Administrator
I agree with Efshar Letaken.  How many Reshaim would consent to have their Internet access monitored?  An ACLU card-carrying Rasha would view that as an invasion of his privacy.
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by x-addict.

Re: victory 03 Jun 2009 16:06 #5661

• bardichev
ok

you are giving me the chizuk I think i will contact CE to put a filter on my account

bardichev

Here is  a vort FROm the HEILIGE BARDICHEVER Zechuso Yagain Aleinu

SAMACH AYIN PEH TZADIKK
these four letters are in a row

SAMACH  is the only closed letter in the alef-bais (beside ende mem- mem sofis)

SAMECH closed Ayin close your eyes to evil PEH close mouth to evil then you be aTZADDIK
Last Edit: by Binyomin5766.

Re: victory 03 Jun 2009 16:12 #5663

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
beautiful vort!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by bard.

Re: victory 03 Jun 2009 16:43 #5666

• kedusha
  • Administrator
It's amazing what wisdom is hidden in the Aleph Bais!
Last Edit: by shemirateinayim.

Re: victory 03 Jun 2009 21:48 #5690

• rashkebehag
berdichev, you did it again, that chassidishe vort is a good key to remind one what he has to do. in case he sees something he just has to say to himself: samach eyin etc. i just want to anounce to my freinds that after i installed a filter and threw out the password things were easier. CE wasn't working for me because i couldn't tell my sponsor that i have a problem. so, it did limit my access but i would sneak a peek here and there and he wouldn't suspect it was me. with a filter and some resolve not to get around it it's been OK. But there was one catch, I was attached to youtube for all the kosher things there but there were always bad links that caused me difficulty. today i blocked it out. there is Frumtube for kosher entertainment. It's a big victory for me as it took some courage to do it.

Re: victory 03 Jun 2009 21:58 #5693

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Is frumtube 100% kosher? If yes, I should get it up on the kosher isle... Tell me about it please... (I have a whitelist filter and can't access anything without specifically having the company open it for me after checking...)
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by habib613.
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes