Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Thanks 20693 Views

Re: Thanks 18 Aug 2009 14:46 #13035

• mggsbms
  • Current streak: 12 days
  • Platinum Boarder
As I stated above there was no real cause besides immense pressure which upon relieve brought me in to this mood to get away from reality so i went in to a library just to air out and one thing brought the next.
Aka -  Mischadeish075 Email mischadeish075@gmail.com
Last Edit: by jewinneed.

Re: Thanks 20 Aug 2009 02:56 #13400

• Hoping
  • Current streak: 361 days
  • Gold Boarder
I am sure that it took a tremendous amount of personal growth to stay clean for four months! You have not lost that.you have just been given an opportunity for further growth. If you learn from the falls, They will also become part of your ultimate success.

Chazak V'ematz and keep posting.
You friend,
hoping
Last Edit: by Recovering13.

Re: Thanks 20 Aug 2009 03:03 #13404

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Dear Mgsbms,

Why not save copies of your posts relating to this fall (and previous falls), and resolve (b'li neder) to read them before giving into temptation?
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by Teshuvah.

Re: Thanks 20 Aug 2009 14:44 #13465

• mggsbms
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you "hping" and "kedusha" for your divrei chizuk it is greatly appreciated, it seems that i"m over with this loosing streak( i hope so) iv"e been a few days clean already and i"m getting my energy back kein yazor hashem lehalah.
Last Edit: by Alwaysimproving2.

Re: Thanks 20 Aug 2009 15:05 #13470

• Sturggle
  • Current streak: 178 days
  • Platinum Boarder
mgsbms wrote on 20 Aug 2009 14:44:

Thank you "hping" and "kedusha" for your divrei chizuk it is greatly appreciated, it seems that i"m over with this loosing streak( i hope so) iv"e been a few days clean already and i"m getting my energy back kein yazor hashem lehalah.

Amen amen, ken yehi ratzon! I hope for you as well.

Last Edit: by .

Re: Thanks 20 Aug 2009 15:09 #13472

• kedusha
  • Administrator
mgsbms wrote on 20 Aug 2009 14:44:

Boruch Hashem.  But, why not prepare ammunition for any future Nisyonos?  And, what could be better ammunition than reading, in your own words, about the pain that falling caused you?
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by judahmacabee.

Re: Thanks 20 Aug 2009 15:52 #13479

• mggsbms
  • Platinum Boarder
as far as now the pain is still there i don't have to read about it, regarding the future it is great advice.
Last Edit: by yeshishim.

Re: Thanks 20 Aug 2009 15:58 #13481

• kedusha
  • Administrator
mgsbms wrote on 20 Aug 2009 15:52:

as far as now the pain is still there i don't have to read about it, regarding the future it is great advice.

Right - I mean for the future.
Last Edit: by doyourjobbb21.

Re: Thanks 17 Nov 2009 04:46 #28986

• mggsbms
  • Platinum Boarder
I haven't posted in ages just saying hello !
Last Edit: by DovidS.

Re: Thanks 17 Nov 2009 05:23 #28988

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey mgsbms,

welcome back how have you been in your leave of absence?

-INH
Last Edit: by jrupr1.

Re: Thanks 23 Nov 2009 16:53 #30092

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
You're getting high on the 90-day chart... we're getting excited! Keep getting high on that, and not on other things 
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by i wanna get over this.

Re: Thanks 23 Nov 2009 16:55 #30094

• bardichev
ANOTHER BOTTLE OF WOOD FORD!
Last Edit: by .

Re: Thanks 25 Nov 2009 03:39 #30444

• mggsbms
  • Platinum Boarder
THANKS !
Last Edit: by tbw.

Re: Thanks 28 Nov 2009 18:28 #30897

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
MAZAL TOV ON REACHING 90 DAYS FOR A SECOND TIME!!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by og.

Re: Thanks 18 Dec 2009 03:18 #35660

• mggsbms
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi! every one i didn't update this forum for a while, I have a few things to shake out so i'll get right to it. before i joined this site i was slipping and falling on a daily bases for about a year not the real stufff, but i was getting there. then besyata d' shmaya i found this sight a few days after pesach i had a clean streak for four months and then fell for a few days at the end of august then i had another clean streak from beginning of elul till i  fell again this week without rhyme or reason, I really don't understand what's behind it, because while i had the clean streaks i hardly had to fight just reading the emails and counting the days was a great motivator but then "boom", maybe somebody has some insight how to understand this and give me some help it shouldn't happen again.
second point i opened today's email after being depressed for two days after my fall and was shocked to see that it was written just for me, with out going in to details because i feel it could cause chilul hashem etc. I was able to identify with this quote fully -  "To compound those feelings, I am involved in Avodas Hakodesh, so while people are looking to me for inspiration, I'm sometimes involved in things that if they had the slightest clue of, they would pillory me in the town square. This makes me feel even more like a fake and a fraud, despite the fact that all I really want to do in my life is bring people closer to Avinu Shebashamayim. Many times, I have thought about quitting my job, recognizing that I'll never really be able to inspire others if there's no gas in my fuel tank, but I'm reminded of the fish's response to Rabbi Akiva, "If in the water, the place of our life, we need to fear, how much more so on dry land, the place of our death!" So I guess I will try to stay close to the water. Besides all the teaching I do, I personally learn for hours every day, sometimes immediately followed by a most inglorious session of shmutz!. I just keep trying to slog through the muck"  -   so much so that it felt like someone was reading my mind, and i must add it gave me tremendous amount of chizuk that i'm not alone in this kind of conflict, but this is all more the cause for the marbitzei torah on this forum to show the way of milchemes hayetzer and not let it take over our lives !

Last Edit: 18 Dec 2009 11:35 by menucha613.
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes