Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Thanks 20697 Views

Re: Thanks 15 Jun 2009 19:30 #6307

• mggsbms
  • Current streak: 12 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Yasher Koach Rabbi Guard !
Aka -  Mischadeish075 Email mischadeish075@gmail.com
Last Edit: by jewishguy.

Re: Thanks 15 Jun 2009 19:38 #6308

• mggsbms
  • Platinum Boarder
By the way I have some good news to share with you all there is a new book out called Windows Of The Soul  "A man's practical guide to mastering his eyes" it's a thirty day program with great chizuk and ideas, go out out and buy it !
Last Edit: by .

Re: Thanks 15 Jun 2009 20:01 #6314

• Efshar Letaken
  • Current streak: 194 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the tip!
E.L.
Last Edit: by strivinghigher.

Re: Thanks 15 Jun 2009 20:06 #6316

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
The first 60 e-mails of the Shmiras Ainayim Chizuk list was from this "book". See this page.

You can download the entire book as a PDF on our website over here.

But you should still BUY it too....  ;D
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by Astir.

Re: Thanks 16 Jun 2009 02:49 #6338

• mggsbms
  • Platinum Boarder
I got to admit I didn't know that it is available here, but it still pays to buy it the format and the graphics add a lot 
Last Edit: by YSB.

Re: Thanks 26 Jun 2009 15:25 #7480

• mggsbms
  • Platinum Boarder
Just to update this past Tuesday was 9 weeks, the next goal is Elul just about 9 weeks from now.

Re: Thanks 26 Jun 2009 16:20 #7484

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Chazak v'Ematz!  :D
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!

Re: Thanks 27 Jun 2009 22:06 #7520

• the.guard
unbelievable. Keep inspiring us!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by yn79.

Re: Thanks 28 Jun 2009 11:01 #7545

• battleworn
9 WEEKS!! Haflei vafeleh! KUTGW!

CHAZAK VE"EMATZ!!!
Last Edit: by cleanner.

Re: Thanks 28 Jun 2009 12:01 #7549

• mggsbms
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the chizuk, by the way Elul is a mere 7 weeks away (not 9)

Re: Thanks 08 Jul 2009 22:37 #8416

• mggsbms
  • Platinum Boarder
It came to my mind something that has been bothering me for a while, it is often stated on this forum the importance of not giving up and that even if you fall hashem is waiting for you to repent and start again, there is a well known mishneh in masechet yuma "haomer echte veushiv ein maspikin beyodo lasos teshuva" who ever says I will act out and then repent from heaven they don't give him the opportunity to repent, I have found that when acting out the way my psyche deals with the guilt is by telling myself this is just one time and i will be better tomorrow (I don't think I'm the only one that uses this mechanism) isn't this a road block to teshuvah ?
As I'm writing this I recall a vort from one of the tzadikim who on a play with the words "maspikin" says there is no safek meaning there is no question that beyodo lasos teshuva, but obviously this is not the simple meaning of the mishnah.
By the way still going strong 11 1/2 WKS  b"h

Re: Thanks 09 Jul 2009 11:35 #8441

• the.guard
Good question!

Perhaps according to the Yesod of the Nesivos Shalom in e-mail #341 on this page, maybe "ain maspikin biyado la'asos Teshuvah" because he doesn't NEED teshuvah since while sinning his heart is broken and he is thinking of Hashem...

That's a little Dochek though.

Here's another Pshat... I would say is that in the case of addiction this chazal doesn't apply in the literal sense, but in a figurative sense... What do I mean? Once we have this illness, we will tell ourselves "echte ve'ashuv" for years. But that doesn't mean Hashem won't help us HEAL from our sickness. And once we are healed, we will see that Hashem took care of the teshuvah for us. "Ain maspikin Bi'yado" - but "Yesh Maspik Bidai Hashem Le'hashivo"!!  

I ask you, where would these Torah words come from if not for GYE?  ;D
Last Edit: 09 Jul 2009 11:36 by Jew in the City .

Re: Thanks 10 Jul 2009 13:21 #8511

• battleworn
To make it very simple: אחטה ואשוב means "I will sin..." That means he wants to sin .

When we talk about not giving up we are talking about someone who wants to stop sinning.

The very very first step is to want to stop. Almost everyone that comes to this makom kadosh wants to stop.

לא אתייאש is the opposite of אחטה ואשוב
Last Edit: by bradlax4.

Re: Thanks 10 Jul 2009 14:16 #8514

• Noorah BAmram
  • Current streak: 3710 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Holy Battle "never"worn,
U r mammesh R' Levi Yitzchok of Bardichev Saneigore shel Yisroel!! Except you wrote. "Most people who come to this makom kodosh (btw, what a beautiful description of this site! Well said!!)
And I the smallest of you students say "that all the Jews who come to this makom kodosh want to stop...even if they themselves don't know it!!....
On second thought they didn't want to start sinning in the first place.....rtzonainu...laasos rtzonchu....
Deepest Love and respect to all
N
[b]כי שבע יפול צדיק וקם[/b] 
A Tzadik is he who continues to  bounce back after he hits bottom, even a hundred times !!!!!Rav Don Segal Shlita
Last Edit: by YH.

Re: Thanks 11 Jul 2009 19:43 #8534

• battleworn
"that all the Jews who come to this makom kodosh want to stop...even if they themselves don't know it!!....
On second thought they didn't want to start sinning in the first place.....rtzonainu...laasos rtzonchu....

I agree with you, 1,000,000%
Last Edit: by gevura1.
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes