Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Thanks 20700 Views

Re: Thanks 10 May 2009 18:15 #4846

• mggsbms
  • Current streak: 12 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I must tell rabbi "guard"  I read through the handbook and I felt it was written just for me what a beautiful job, keep up the great work, thank you all for the divrei chizuk it helps allot
Aka -  Mischadeish075 Email mischadeish075@gmail.com
Last Edit: by .

Re: Thanks 10 May 2009 18:37 #4850

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Thank you! Which one did you read?
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by bboyrocker1.

Re: Thanks 10 May 2009 19:33 #4853

• mggsbms
  • Platinum Boarder
THE GUARD-YOUR-EYES HANDBOOK
Last Edit: by soldierofhashem.

Re: Thanks 12 May 2009 19:41 #4902

• mggsbms
  • Platinum Boarder
Just finished three weeks, what a great feeling, yazor hashem meatah vead olem. the day of lag b'omer is a great opportunity for chizuk in shmiras eynayim the chidushei harim is quoted as saying that the day of lag b'eomer is a segulah for yiras shamaim. The next milestone is Shavuos which is only two and a half weeks away, lets hope we get there safely.
As far as the debate going on in other quarters I was reminded of a stroy which I saw in the sefer mezkeinim esbonen from the slonimer chasid reb yakov yisroel kastenlitz that he once asked the great tzadik reb shlomko zvihler zatza"l why isn't anybody that transgresses the dvar hashem considerd an apikores because if he believes in torah m'sinai he wouldn't be oiver ?  reb shlomko didn't agree and he explained with a mashal of a person who's hand has to be amputated, and he knows it is good for him, but he still has to be tied up not fight the doctors, the same explains reb shlomke is the person who is being nichshal he know's he is wrong but he is in a way forced into it. (Not to say ch"v that he is not liable for his sins, but to explain that we would need another post.) 
Last Edit: by .

Re: Thanks 15 May 2009 21:54 #4966

• mggsbms
  • Platinum Boarder
Shalom to the whole chevraye I’m pleased to inform you of the third full clean week (from Sunday to Friday) thanks to this wonderful site. I’m still intrigued at the effect this site has had  on me, it comes to show you the great benefit of having a chaburah to discuss one’s issues in life, while regarding this subject there is a natural barrier to discuss it with others, this site being anonyms as it is takes away that barrier. There is a nother aspect , the human instinct to compete and to challenge  is in the works here as well , how could I slip I’m going to be behind in the game.
These days  that are upon us have a special place in this great war as today is the first of the days of “yesod” in the count of sefirah, it is brought down in the sifrei kodesh from the zohar that the doors are closed at the onset of the days of “yesod “, the seforim explain that the reason for that is that a person should realize what affect this sin has on the soul and come to humility which it’s essence is teshuvah, something to internalize. Have you all a beautiful and holy  shabbos .
Last Edit: by Ayin Tovah.

Re: Thanks 16 May 2009 18:41 #4968

• the.guard
KUTGW!

Why don't you join the WOH?
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by abisulfablunged.

Re: Thanks 20 May 2009 03:02 #5091

• mggsbms
  • Platinum Boarder
Today i got the forth week clean, I haven"t felt like this in a long time. How can you compare the sweetness of holiness to the sweetness of taave. I beg you hashem please help keep this perspective. Since about two yr"s ago when this whole thing started I have had long clean streaks but never was it with a conviction of avodes hashem as I feel now, Thanks to this site I feel I may have turned my life around. just four weeks ago I had this helpless feeling were am I heading to, well now I see there is future of kedusha ahead and there is hope, thanks "rabbi guard"
Last Edit: by Smartman445.

Re: Thanks 20 May 2009 14:28 #5094

• the.guard
mgsbms, check out the bottom of today's Chizuk e-mail (#483)!
Last Edit: by steven.

Re: Thanks 21 May 2009 18:27 #5152

• mggsbms
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks harav for the chizuk, it does mean allot to me !
Last Edit: by Bochuryosef1.

Re: Thanks 28 May 2009 02:38 #5424

• mggsbms
  • Platinum Boarder
I"ll MAKE IT FAST GOING INTO SHAVUES AFTER 5 WKS CLEAN IS SOME FEELING
Last Edit: by Mrs. B..

Re: Thanks 28 May 2009 19:54 #5468

• mggsbms
  • Platinum Boarder
Going into shavues I have this bakashah to the rbsh"o help me keep strong and don"t let me feel like i"m over with this nesoyren and get complacent, with the chizuk of the whole chevra we will prevail, amen
Last Edit: by shnitzel.

Re: Thanks 04 Jun 2009 18:31 #5750

• mggsbms
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi everyone I didn"t update in a while, (and I feel that my strength comes to a certain extent from posting), this past Tuesday was the sixth week clean kein yaazor hashem lehalah
Last Edit: by Dovid Freedman.

Re: Thanks 04 Jun 2009 18:43 #5751

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
Chazak Chazak v'Nischazeik!  :D
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by poshut yid.

Re: Thanks 11 Jun 2009 18:27 #6100

• mggsbms
  • Platinum Boarder
Didn"t update in a while now, this past Tuesday was seven weeks clean which brings me today to a total of 51 days, kein yirbu.
Last Edit: by Naftali Z.

Re: Thanks 13 Jun 2009 22:34 #6201

• the.guard
That's amazing! Level 5 on the chart. Download your own personal chart over here.
Last Edit: by maghrebi.
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes