Welcome, Guest

bardichev's battle
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: bardichev's battle 170149 Views

Re: bardichev's battle 18 Jan 2010 01:45 #46432

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
dov wrote on 17 Jan 2010 19:19:

Hopefully, we will watch our language.....

:D :D :D

Kollel Guy wrote on 17 Jan 2010 22:14:

LOL R' Dov, but I don't think we will consider any unsanitary speech while standing before the BD shel maalah. They have a very strict policy regarding contempt of court.

Actually, KG - there a re a lot of gemaras, etc. that imply that whatever level we attain here, we take with us into the next world - risha'aim, even in the world of truth, at the gates of hell, still don't do teshuva.

So, scary as it is, it's quite possible that if we don't watch our language here, we'll get upstairs, and...oh, my, that migth be a tad embarrassing...
Last Edit: by .

Re: bardichev's battle 18 Jan 2010 05:34 #46453

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
silentbattle wrote on 18 Jan 2010 01:45:

LOL R' Dov, but I don't think we will consider any unsanitary speech while standing before the BD shel maalah. They have a very strict policy regarding contempt of court.

Actually, KG - there a re a lot of gemaras, etc. that imply that whatever level we attain here, we take with us into the next world - risha'aim, even in the world of truth, at the gates of hell, still don't do teshuva.

So, scary as it is, it's quite possible that if we don't watch our language here, we'll get upstairs, and...oh, my, that migth be a tad embarrassing...

Good call, Silent Battle, a famous example of that is in Brachos where this girl who died at a young age tells a living person in a dream to send her comb and makeup with so and so who is about to die.... clearly in the next world we have no hair, no need for combs and makeup, but once a person only cared about their physical appearance in this world, they can't change it in the next despite the clear knowledge that it is hevel havalim

(My rebbi said there was a dybbuk in the time of the Chofetz Chaim who was cursing and talking in the most dirty way. He showed enormous deference to the Chofetz Chaim who got it out. The Chofetz Chaim asked it why it keeps talking dirty after it knows the emess of the world, and it said it simply can't stop)

Here is the scary thing... if we don't beat our YH in this world, we will spend out eternity lusting after the same things we lusted after here, but in a world where the busha of doing so is unimaginable!!!!

The alternative of course is to grab a glazel of Woodford, and join the good fight!!!

Re: bardichev's battle 18 Jan 2010 15:45 #46574

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Haba - and also, we'll have the lust in a place where we can never get what we want, so there'll never be an end!

Re: bardichev's battle 18 Jan 2010 17:34 #46625

• Dov
  • Administrator
habaletaher wrote on 18 Jan 2010 05:34:

Good call, Silent Battle, a famous example of that is in Brachos where this girl who died at a young age tells a living person in a dream to send her comb and makeup with so and so who is about to die.... clearly in the next world we have no hair, no need for combs and makeup, but once a person only cared about their physical appearance in this world, they can't change it in the next despite the clear knowledge that it is hevel havalim

Hey, I remember learning about this issue (with that exact reference) in michtav me'eliyahu, first chelek.....15 years before I got sober...

"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: bardichev's battle 18 Jan 2010 17:41 #46631

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Yep, that's where I'm getting it from - if anything, that just serves to emphasize that knowledge isn't enough to change us...we've got to live the change!

Re: bardichev's battle 18 Jan 2010 18:45 #46671

• habaletaher
  • Fresh Boarder
dov wrote on 18 Jan 2010 17:34:

habaletaher wrote on 18 Jan 2010 05:34:

Hey, I remember learning about this issue (with that exact reference) in michtav me'eliyahu, first chelek.....15 years before I got sober...

How many years are you sober Dov? Wow, just the words "fifteen years before I got sober" are such an inspiration!!

Imagine if I live the next 15 years of my life sober!?!?!?! I can't even imagine how much more I will accomplish!!!

Re: bardichev's battle 18 Jan 2010 22:09 #46730

Hi Rebbe,
Just checking in.
Baruch Hashem all's well.
Please send my best to your Gabbeh.
Tell him the cholent at Fruend's keeps getting better and better.
(I suspect they dump the left over sushi into it.)
k
Rashi, Breishis (10:25)

Re: bardichev's battle 19 Jan 2010 05:32 #46828

• habaletaher
  • Fresh Boarder
Wow Kutan,

Long time no see!! Welcome back! Grab a mug of Guiness, grab a cushion and join the party!

L'Chaim!

Re: bardichev's battle 19 Jan 2010 05:51 #46836

• bardichev
Guiness is good

Heiniken is what

Bards Bar is serving tonite

Chevra I am truckin along old route 66

What's news??

Guys easy easy..

Let's just shmooze

Enough with falling shmalling genoog

How is the oilam??

Chevra its almost purim

What's the favorite

Wine?
Purim wine?

Ahhhh Purim

Re: bardichev's battle 19 Jan 2010 08:25 #46849

• kollel guy
  • Current streak: 15 days
  • Platinum Boarder
There's still Tu B'shvat....
The Rosh Hashana for growth!!!

Re: bardichev's battle 19 Jan 2010 20:32 #47000

Once Teves finally was over, tzadikim used to breath a sigh of relief.

Rashi, Breishis (10:25)

Re: bardichev's battle 20 Jan 2010 06:16 #47137

• habaletaher
  • Fresh Boarder
Bardy,

I don't know what my favorite wine is cuz after 4 cups they all start to taste the same... But my least favorite wine, and parenthetically the one EVERY family used to put out when I was a collectin bucher was White Zinfandel, I mean that stuff is so nasty, I start throwing up even before I drink it!!!

Re: bardichev's battle 20 Jan 2010 07:54 #47150

• bardichev
White Zin was petel in a bottle

Wine that makes u nauseous is because of its sugar content
A dry wine does not go down easy like a smooth scotch (bard what do u know about scotch??)
The bitterness is the tanins

My suggestion drink bt simchos and find what u like

Another thing if it cost less than 10 bucks there is a reason for it

Lchaim
B

Re: bardichev's battle 20 Jan 2010 15:48 #47240

• bardichev
Ok so you have read this. Thread.

If you need some help with it here it is

Ill ask your questions

What does Keep on Trucking mean?

Where did I come up with fell shmell

What is the drinking all about?

Why do I call myself Bardichev?

Why do I say humble and happy when I sound like a self centered baal gaavah?

Why do I call Dov my Rebbe if I am openly moideh I never went to a 12 step program? 

What's the oy yoy shabbos all about??

Ok I will attempt to answer some of these questions

If u have any more
FIRE away!!!

KEEP ON TRUCKIN

Is my motto

In my months of being n the forum and in the sefarim I learn I realize that the YH has nothing from the act of sin that we commit
As we have nothing from it other than fleeting pleasure

So what is his Modus Operandi? He knows that your neshama yearns closeness to G-d and the sin is a barrier between a jew and Hashem

He wants you to be down in the dmps depressed dejected hopeless helpless forlorn and void of life

Ahhh at that point when U are downn oyyy does he have you in in his slimey talons ohhh now is where he reigns

So now is when u put on the Gaava face now you drink a lchaim now you rock the house

And scream yesss I felll but feLl shmell I did sin but I'm not a sinner I am ot a gefalliner
I can pick myself up and fight back tooth and nail

KI NIFALTII KAMTI

Gevvaldiggggggggg

TBC

Re: bardichev's battle 20 Jan 2010 15:52 #47243

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
One more question....

Whats with the picture? Dont get me wrong, that cone looks REALLY good, but I would never let a kid buy ice cream from that guy!
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes