Welcome, Guest

bardichev's battle
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: bardichev's battle 170129 Views

Re: bardichev's battle 31 Dec 2009 18:19 #40612

• bardichev
KEEP ON TRUCKING!!

DRINK WOODFORD!!

I SEE THAT THE Y'H STILL SEES ME AS A FORMIDABLE OPPONENT

BESIMCHA!!!!!!!!YESSSIREEEEEEEEEEE!!!

I AM LAUGHING IN HIS ROTTEN FACE!!HA HA

I CAN SLIP BUT YOU WONT KEEP ME DOWN YOU SNEAK YOU 3DOLLAR BILL  YOU CHEAP PLASTIC CAMERA  YOU POLYESTER SUIT!!!

KEEP ON TRUCKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GEVALDIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!

THANK YOU HASHEM FOR REMINDING ME WHAT MY JOB IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last Edit: by vbnm.

Re: bardichev's battle 31 Dec 2009 18:28 #40618

For YKV_S and everyone, I am reposting these two together... the Rebbe Reb Bar. and the Rebbe R' Dov... an amazing duet.
Also, for all the lawyers on GYE, I'm noting that I alread logged an official complaint with General Guard as to why this was not deemed ACE.
Enjoy!

Ok let's talk about addiction I want to speak to the hearts and minds of the vetrans here.
I am entitled I give a lot of attenion to all newbies +++

Ok if you are past 90 days here is some food for thought

#1 its not fun any more

#2 there is no WAR

#3 the "C" bomb complacency

#4 ok this is only for real recovering addicts

Nuu zug shoin

I want to want shmuts but I really don't want it but I really reallt do yet I reaLly don't
(Only my rebberebber=DOV can explain that)

#5 the forum is for addicts?? Huh!! Hey I thought it was a kosher social network monitored by Guard kedusha and 7up

Ok vuss zugst dee bardichever darshan?

I need Chizzuk
Efshar needs chizzuk
Noorah needs chizzuk
Yes yes even (even is the best word in the Yiddish language)
Even dov=rebbereber needs chizzuk

While I await chizzuk

I will get up front in my cab fire up the old engine and
KEEP ON TRUCKIN!!!

Rabbi Bard E. Chev
Chief Rabbi of
Woodford KY

Dear Reb b,

Sorry for being so late but my only internet access is from work and was ill yesterday so missed all the action from whenever. My "boss" went a bit ballistic about email use and stuff like that, too, and lunch today was a wash, so...this is the earliest I could be on here with a (semi) clear head.

Hope you are OK. That's selfish because you make me smile in the most unexpected times. And I've never even met you! I have a l'Chayim (W!) every Shabbos se'udah after the fish and say "for the berdichever" and my kids ask me who that is and I tell them it was a great man I never met. Nu. I smile. They wonder if I should be sent to a nursing home a bit early....

Your 5 points. Ahh. Oyy.

Just a reality check first. My wife just called me to let me know that an old friend of mine just lost his wife from a sudden illness, R"l. All I can say is boruch Dayan ha'emess while my heart drips tears. He must know exactly what He is doing. Gevalt, gevalt. How is a person supposed to go on bichlal? I have no idea, no idea. May Hashem give him superhuman strength, show him love from people that goes way beyond normal, and shine into his heart that is breaking open and somehow give him the ability to stay sane and be His eved. Please help this man remember his children and all the other riches he has in this life and have some kind of a nechoma. I don't know what else to say and keep stopping to cry.. Please. May the folks on GYE, Hashem's sensitive bunch with beautiful hearts, daven for this man.
I'm going to go home be"H as soon as I'm done with GYE and say hi to my wife and try to tell her how I feel about her being my partner here and in the hereafter. Better yet, I'll spend less time that I want to on GYE and go home to her a bit early. Actions speak louder than words...

(I actually wrote the below earlier but couldn't finish it until after unburdening my heart and put the reality check first, b, because something told me it was min haShomayim, maybe to help you somehow, or just to share it and help me somehow...what's the difference?)

As far as schmutz not being fun is concerned, AAs say "being a drunk ruins your drinking". Yeah, it won't be fun any more. I commiserate. As far as recovery not being fun is concerned, recovery gets real boring until I get a fire lit under by (expletive removed by RATM - thanks rage) by #3, then #2 is botul, and suddenly it's fun again! It's amazing what a challenge it is to actually find a real big chunk of wood in shark-infested waters after a shipwreck! And looking for it is just riveting (and exciting)! Well, maybe not "fun", technically....

As far as "I want to want blah, blah...", it's OK (not good, just OK) to want it. We, of all Hashem's people, need to go easy on ourselves when we do. And our response needs to be a little smile and a "well.....there I go again! heh, heh.." and call someone (or post) about it soon. It means nothing. Absolutely nothing. If we struggle or incriminate ourselves "for stooping so low!" then we are dead. It's just a blip, bump, or bleep. Probably more like a bleep....

...and then get back to work.

I love you, b. (but not a scratch of a scratch as much as He does!)

- Dov

Rashi, Breishis (10:25)
Last Edit: by merrysquirrel50.

Re: bardichev's battle 31 Dec 2009 18:45 #40628

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
7Up wrote on 31 Dec 2009 18:07:

I pull out my trusty flask of Woodford,

belt out a L"CHAIM!!!

and Keep on Trukkin!!!

Cant tell you how glad i am not to be on the streets near your city Haba! :o

7UP, you are on the streets where I live, it's called GYE!!!!

Keep on trukkin anyway (I actually just had a mid aftenoon l'chaim, but not woodford, someone I know is getting married in IL and I'm in the US, so I just made a L'chaim for them)
Last Edit: by gleefulsquirrel06.

Re: bardichev's battle 31 Dec 2009 18:49 #40631

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
HEY REBBE!! WASSUP?? IVE GOT A GREAT IDEA FOR YOU. IF YOUR TRACTORTRAILER IS STUCK IN THE SNOW WHY DONT YOU GET ONTO A TRYCYCLE?? IF

THAT DONT WORK HOW ABOUT A..........................................WALKER. WITH THIS NEW INVENTION YOU CAN ONLY TAKE ONE STEP AT A TIME. AND ONLY BABY STEPS

TOO. IT REALLY WORKS. HERE TAKE A TRY.
Last Edit: by sprightlysquirrel32.

Re: bardichev's battle 31 Dec 2009 18:52 #40635

• bardichev
I WILL
USE ALL 3

I WILL EXPLAIN IT ALL SOON..............
Last Edit: by ForwardProgress.

Re: bardichev's battle 31 Dec 2009 18:53 #40636

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
trukk

trycycle

walker

woodford

.... that makes 4, no?
Last Edit: by radiantsquirrel52.

Re: bardichev's battle 31 Dec 2009 18:56 #40639

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
it also maes the newest acronym ttww
Last Edit: by Reveni.

Re: bardichev's battle 31 Dec 2009 19:48 #40656

• kedusha
  • Current streak: 717 days
  • Administrator
7Up wrote on 31 Dec 2009 18:07:

I pull out my trusty flask of Woodford,

belt out a L"CHAIM!!!

and Keep on Trukkin!!!

Cant tell you how glad i am not to be on the streets near your city Haba! :o

Relax, Mom - the flask of Woodford seems to be filled with vodka, but it's actually 7Up!  :D
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!
Last Edit: by freelynx59.

Re: bardichev's battle 31 Dec 2009 20:05 #40665

• bardichev
Hello bardichev  December 31, 2009, 01:04:09 PM 
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.
Total time logged in: 18 days, 18 hours and 18 minutes.

chai cahi chai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last Edit: by merrygiraffe75.

Re: bardichev's battle 31 Dec 2009 20:07 #40667

• bardichev
Hey CHEVRA!!

I'm heading up the ice road

Greuling
Winds
Snow
Frozen lakes

I have a few cases of tradition soups

Tam tam crackers

Kedem gefilte fish

Paskes soursticks

Oh a few boTtles of

Old WOODFORDsburg

Wanna join??

Its from

Boro Park to Anchorage

Yup its new "IDIDORAD"

Let's mush!!(Jack london where are you)

Keep on truckin!!

b
Last Edit: by DeletedUser13294.

Re: bardichev's battle 31 Dec 2009 20:15 #40669

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Kutan, grab the Rebbes coat tails and swing into the passanger seat
I suggest saying a heartfelt tefillos haderech
and closing your eyes
till you reach Alaska!

Hope its getting easier for everyone.
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by heimishekollelman.

Re: bardichev's battle 31 Dec 2009 20:21 #40671

• bardichev
KI BESIMCHA SAYTZEI-U!!!!!!!
Last Edit: by allswell.

Re: bardichev's battle 31 Dec 2009 21:22 #40681

• Dov
  • Administrator
Reb b,

Maybe it's snowing, maybe it's sleeting, maybe the newyearsday drunks are throwing up all around us...I don't care. I just want to sit at a kumzitz with you and talk about life with our eyes for about 10 minutes. Then we can pass the W around and sing the Berdichever's niggun. Then we could do a bit more W and sing the niggun again cuz I won't remember by then that we sang it once already.
Now that would be a nice time indeed.

Then I'll have to have some help figuring out what to tell my wife.... (W doesn't work on her)

Your chusid,
Dov
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by cheerfulkoala45.

Re: bardichev's battle 31 Dec 2009 22:06 #40704

• bardichev
REBBEREBER=DOV

U R INVITED FOR SHABBOS

THE MRS B. DOES NOT DO W EITHER
Last Edit: by progressivehippo09.

Re: bardichev's battle 31 Dec 2009 22:13 #40707

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
The Daily dose of Bardy & Dov from today's e-mail needed a lot of editing to make the "Dovish" understandable to most people... I hope I got it right and didn't misinterpret anything you both said 
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by empoweredgiraffe60.
Time to create page: 0.56 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes