Welcome, Guest

bardichev's battle
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: bardichev's battle 169878 Views

Re: bardichev's battle 10 Mar 2019 18:24 #339517

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Trouble wrote on 25 Apr 2017 13:15:
My second attempt.

Thanks for all the rifraf and bantering back and forth. Interesting that this thread is void of the "hey trouble, good going, your streak is inspiring to all, brush yourself off, you can do it," but whatever, it's fine by me.

Here are some of the mantras and one-liners that we are accustomed to here on this anonymous-name-quasi-rules-mostly orthodox (any religion)-12 steps flag waving/card carrying website: one day at a time; pick yourself up; Torah will save you; remove your glasses; thinking about your wife is lusting, no it's not, yes it is - it's the yetzer hara in all his glory; it's all barsherte/there was nothing you could have done; it's all one big test; it's not my fault (one of my favorites); this happening was a direct sign from Above; dreams are narishkeit, no, they're not, fantasies are, etc.

So, let's get back to our story and address some of the choshuve esteemed comments: doing the deed with a business associate is a terrible and grave sin and should not be joked about. Ok, we got that out of the way. Yes, we care if it happened and we must repent to the fullest (and you even merit to say the parenthesis in tefillas zakah - I always thought like rabbi Akiva, מתי יבוא לידי ואקיימנה?). But, regarding sobriety: ultimately, what difference does it make if you spent two hours on your computer in your office closet watching p*** and m********** (did I do that right?) and spilled seed (can't believe I wrote that), or it was spilled right before dessert? The count (הלכה למשה מסיני) must be reset. The bottom line is that for today, my job and focus is set. Will I need to read more pages from the giant book because the sin was more severe? (And I forgot to mention רחמנא ליצלן חס ושלום.) Do I now need to work 18 steps? I still need to do the same thing. I must guard my eyes. I must work a recovery program. I must open to another sober, more experienced person. And I must ask and answer the questions in the daily renewal. 

Please forgive my attitude and tone. I am infatuated with lust. It engulfs me. No matter what I do, I'm no good without lust, And I can't get enough, Must be lust on my brain.

"hey trouble, good going, your streak is inspiring to all, ....,"
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: bardichev's battle 15 Jan 2024 16:50 #407065

• trouble
  • Platinum Boarder
another slogan, "life is a bowl of cherries," or something like that. mine is a different fruit: peachy; in fact so much so, i think i've had enough with nauru! i'm moving to biafra. they also don't have a capital.
i'm all about that (substantial) bass, no trouble ....

if you're looking for trouble, you can email me @trouble69gye@outlook.com

Re: bardichev's battle 15 Jan 2024 17:33 #407068

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
Maybe life has some cherries, but it’s also got cauliflower & spinach mixed in
We can say it another way: 'Life is definitely a bowl of cherries, some rotten while others are good.'

Sometimes it is a bowl of rotten, moldy cherries.   But, as easy as pie you can throw those old cherries out, clean up the mess, and go get some new ones!  And, sometimes its a mixed bag.  You can get the most delicious cherry in the same bowl as one that makes you scream in disgust.

So, when things don’t go your way.  When things don’t go as planned…
Just, keep going.  It is worth it.  You are worth it.  Don’t let yourself get stuck in the icky stuff. 
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: bardichev's battle 15 Jan 2024 18:23 #407072

• youknowwho
  • Platinum Boarder
Trouble wrote on 15 Jan 2024 16:50:
another slogan, "life is a bowl of cherries," or something like that. mine is a different fruit: peachy; in fact so much so, i think i've had enough with nauru! i'm moving to biafra. they also don't have a capital.

Biafra? Meh, not my kinda peaches...

But I totally respect your right to an opinion,  'o course!!

Re: bardichev's battle 15 Jan 2024 22:55 #407114

• iwillmanage
  • Current streak: 30 days
  • Expert Boarder
Trouble wrote on 15 Jan 2024 16:50:

Biafra! The perfect place for you, Trouble! 
Just listen to their anthem, that courageous fighting spirit and resolute determination. Should really be adopted here on GYE  

Land of the rising sun, we love and cherish,
Beloved homeland of our brave heroes(!)
We must defend our lives or we shall perish,
We shall protect our lives from all our foes;
But if the price is death for all we hold dear,
Then let us die without a shred of fear.

We shall emerge triumphant from this ordeal,
And through the crucible unscathed we’ll pass;
When we are poised the wounds of battle to heal,
We shall remember those who died in mass;
Then shall our trumpets peal the glorious song
Of victory we scored o’er might and wrong.

Oh God, protect us from the hidden pitfall,
Guide all our movements lest we go astray;
Give us the strength to heed the humanist call:
To give and not to count the cost’ each day;
Bless those who rule to serve with resoluteness,
To make this clime a land of righteousness.
Last Edit: 16 Jan 2024 09:26 by iwillmanage.
Time to create page: 0.67 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes