Welcome, Guest

bardichev's battle
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: bardichev's battle 169899 Views

Re: bardichev's battle 19 Jun 2009 17:37 #6769

• aaron4
Dov/London/me/Guard, etc,

Thank you for your warm (dare I say heartfelt) responses!  me, I really connect with what you said:

I have come to the meskanah that we must leave our heads, and work only with our hearts.

I've been finding this to be so true in all areas of life since I began my recovery.  However it seems that if there's generally a 10 foot wall of steel separating our hearts from our heads, when it comes to learning, at least for me (not you, me, me or maybe you too?) the wall is 100 feet thick.  After today's Chizuk e-mail (#508), I see I have to internalize Principle #26 of the Attitude Handbook:

"Am I an eved hashem because it's my nature and/or because it keeps me emotionally happy, or do I serve the Almighty because that's His will and nothing else?"

Focusing on because it keeps me emotionally happy, it seems that when it comes to Avodas Hashem, even working with our hearts is not enough!  In other words, we must serve Hashem even if the feelings are not there.

Do you agree?
Last Edit: by .

Re: bardichev's battle 21 Jun 2009 22:11 #6906

• Dov
  • Administrator
It seems to me we need to do whatever we can to serve Hashem, even if we have neither a head nor a heart, ch"v.He will surely make everything right! Am I missing something here, chevra (beside's my head, of course)?
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."
Last Edit: by galbab15.

Re: bardichev's battle 23 Jun 2009 16:45 #7057

• bardichev
hello all Heilger Friends

beleive it or not i am not in a a super duper bardichever mood today (these things happen once in a yovel)

thank Hashem for this  site on days like these I would have (in the past) reverted to Menuvals sewer to get me in a good mood

thans for listening

bardichev

ps

I feel a bit better already  DAAGA BLEV ISH YISICHENA
Last Edit: by scarface.

Re: bardichev's battle 23 Jun 2009 18:00 #7080

• Hoping
  • Current streak: 361 days
  • Gold Boarder
Heiliger Bardichiver-

We are all thinking of you. You are responsible for so much Simcha on this forum. i wish I could copy your style and lift up your mood as you do for me and many others.
Just remember: This to shall pass.

Looking forward to many more h&h days.
Your friend,

Hoping
Last Edit: by nunu a ferd.

Re: bardichev's battle 23 Jun 2009 18:04 #7081

• battleworn
berdichev HALT FEST!!! this is the real thing. Whatever was till now was a Hachonoh for this.

AND THIS IS THE HACHONOH FOR OHR HAGANUZ SHE'EIN KOL MALACH UBERYA YICHOLEN LISHA'ER
Last Edit: by yesodhayesodos.

Re: bardichev's battle 23 Jun 2009 18:05 #7082

• bardichev
here is a quote

good friends accept you for who you are
and see you for who you want to be

h&H (working on the second H)
bardichev
Last Edit: by צופה ישועה.

Re: bardichev's battle 23 Jun 2009 18:14 #7086

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Hey, I thought today's e-mail would cheer you up...

Maybe this will get you into Bardichev mood: In 100 days from now you'll be finishing your SUKKA!

Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by zvi0.

Re: bardichev's battle 23 Jun 2009 18:17 #7088

• the.guard
Berdichev, see reply #25 on this page, it will cheer you up!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by כנוע.

Re: bardichev's battle 23 Jun 2009 18:20 #7090

• bardichev
hello heiliger

whats the tune HENTALACH???
Last Edit: by YanklyD.

Re: bardichev's battle 23 Jun 2009 18:22 #7091

• the.guard
What is HENTALACH??

men trinkt lchaim un men is freilach un gayt ah karahuttt!!!

I was wondering was a "karahuttt" means?

BTW. Wasn't that video SO YOU, Bardichev??
Last Edit: by brklyn11234.

Re: bardichev's battle 23 Jun 2009 19:22 #7106

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
Berdichev down?

Call the paramedics! Hey, it's even brought me rushing over from the womens side! I almost jumped the mechitza! :-[

You cant be down Rav Heilige Humble and HAPPY; who's going to arrange my kiddish? :o

Seriously, I dont know why you're feeling low, but we are all with you - always. You've become such an intrinsic part of this board, and by definition, of our lives.

May you always feel Hashems hug,
7Up
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"
Last Edit: by .

Re: bardichev's battle 23 Jun 2009 19:38 #7110

• tester613
  • Current streak: 286 days
  • Gold Boarder
Bardichev

Notice the big B.  Now is no time for small B's.

If this doesn't cheer you up then I do not know what will: one day me and you are going to go boating together.  It will be TWO baalei teshuvah in the boat. 

So keep your spirits up and of course keep our spirits up. 

And look at all the great friends that care for you here on this site.   

Last Edit: by einshumyeush.

Re: bardichev's battle 23 Jun 2009 20:05 #7113

• London
Dear Bardichev

All I can say is "Gam Ze Ya'avor"

Since you posted the words from the Karahut song I can't get the tune out my head 

London
Last Edit: by Pjack.

Re: bardichev's battle 23 Jun 2009 20:15 #7117

• bardichev
a greese fun parhutzik

hello there is avideo the HEILIGER GUARD sent me
it is apurim shpeel in in guess correctly...thats right LONDON
Iwill try to send it to you (BILLY NEDER)

I never knew there were so many talented people in LONDON(bardichev why do always have to swipe at LONDON I guess you love him too much)

h&H
b
Last Edit: by Urielrachamim.

Re: bardichev's battle 23 Jun 2009 20:34 #7124

• London
Her Majesty the Queen sends a greese to Bardichev and wishes him well.  I have put your name forward to be Knighted and given a peerage too so you will be known as Sir Lord Bardichev 
Last Edit: by monti.
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes