Welcome, Guest

bardichev's battle
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: bardichev's battle 170128 Views

Re: bardichev's battle 06 Aug 2010 15:33 #76120

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Good Shabbos, my Heilige Chaver.

Rosh Chodesh Elul is coming up!! 2nd day I get to dust off my shofar and start practicing for the big day. If you ever visit my slice of the Yeast Coast you can hear the music after shachris all Elul long. it'll put 'da feer o' Gawd in ja". At least that's what they tell me...

Didn't know Pickles can blow the shofar?

Like Ice cream truckers drink Woodford Reserve, we do!!

Have a GREAT SHABBOS Reb B - That'll be one GREAT BIG WIN to add to all da little ones in Bardstown.
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.
Last Edit: by .

Re: bardichev's battle 08 Aug 2010 10:59 #76149

• Dov
  • Administrator
The 'Yeast Coast'? Torach b'erev Shabbos?

Thanks you two, for starting my voch off on the right foos!

Reb b, Yesterday I found a note I wrote on the back of a biz card of mine and stuck in my wallet about a year ago. The note read like this:

1- While I am on the way anywhere, admit and verbally remind myself where I am going and what I am going there to do. Ask Hashem to help me not get distracted by anything.

2- Think periodically, "am I staying true to my purpose here, now?"

3- Admit gratitude for having the opportunity to do whatever I'm busy with and ask Him for help to do it to His satisfaction.

Well, thanks for the reminder!! Now maybe I'll do this once today!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: bardichev's battle 08 Aug 2010 14:19 #76152

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Rebbeinu Reb Dov, Shlita,

This reminds me of a play written by our drama teacher in High School. It was about a playwright standing at a podium at the edge of the stage before the curtain, reveling in the control he has over the characters in his script who move about and speak on the stage behind him with every stroke of his pen, according to his willy nilly thoughts. But Lo! ONE of the characters starts getting self aware, realizes he is being manipulated, and REBELS against this unseen force controlling his life. The author reads aloud as he pens the direction "exit stage left", and all the characters do so, except this one, who defiantly yells out "I know you want me to exit stage left, but I CHOOSE my own destiny! I refuse to be manpulated without knowing the reason! Therefore I CHOOSE to exit stage RIGHT!!" and off he goes defiantly the other way!

The playwright looks astounded, paused, then turns to the audience, and with a knowing smirk says:

"He may choose WHICH WAY to go, but I choose WHERE he goes, and WHAT HE FINDS when he gets there!

This is SUCH a FANTASTIC moshul about life in this world, and how our bechira works. The difference is, of course, that WE KNOW that HKBH is benevolent and always chooses what's good for us, with a plan that is very righteous, and not on an egotistical whim like a melech bosar v'dom.

Have a GREAT VOCH!!!!
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.

Re: bardichev's battle 08 Aug 2010 17:53 #76170

• bardichev
Good moshul

This is what we learned in perek yesterday

The only free person is one who toils in Torah

Ayyy? The Torah life seemingly has ao many restrictions regulations chumros etc.

The terets is we are so blinded by our selfish negois.

The mitzvos and the retriction. Help ius keeP a even balance so we can be a ben chorin and make real decisions

Not be lured and shlepped only by our animalistic feelings

So there u have it

Have fun!!

B

Re: bardichev's battle 08 Aug 2010 23:21 #76182

• Dov
  • Administrator
thanks again!!!!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: bardichev's battle 11 Aug 2010 04:35 #76368

• bardichev
Elul is upon us!!

Its a time to draw close to Hashem

Fear of course

Love of course

I'm takkum alai milchamma bizos ani botey-ach!!!

Hashem is my light!

My savior!!

Mimi irah?

Whom do I fear

Rabbosai

Let's not just say ledovid

A gazillion times

Let's talk to hashem

In plain words

Hashem u are my light

My savior

Talk to Hashem

Let's say it from a siddur (cmon we don't know it by heart)

Say lidovid. Come close to Hashem

Vhashem Yaasfayne

Hashem will accept me

Come close

Yearn his closeness

He is looking for us

We are looking for him

Gevalddiggggg!!!

A gut chodesh

Chassidim say its a zechus to say something over from the Bardichever in the heiligger teg. Even the shtut bardichev is meorer zechus

Maybe maybe this little thread from his progeny is a zechus

Rejoice its Elul
Fear out of joy and joy out of fear (tanna dibai Eliyahu.)

Bardichev (I will drop the nickname for the heiligger teyg. Sorry rage.  Where ever you are. I miss u crazy brother

Re: bardichev's battle 13 Aug 2010 14:52 #76499

• bardichev
its time to say good shabbos

'cause all your work is done

gonna spend the day together with the Holy One

GOOD SHABBOS!!!!!

Re: bardichev's battle 16 Aug 2010 17:06 #76613

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
The Rebbe, Reb Mendele of Rimanov once commented: "I am jealous of Hashem; He has a friend named Levi Yitzchok."

A certain nudnik on GuardYourEyes.org commented:  "I am jealous of Hashem; He has a friend named Bardichev!"

Re: bardichev's battle 16 Aug 2010 17:26 #76616

• bardichev
thank u

im humbled

Re: bardichev's battle 17 Aug 2010 15:26 #76718

• bardichev
ADOIS AMIGOS!!

GOTTA BOLT 4 TODAY

KEEP ON TRUCKING

BARDICHEV

Re: bardichev's battle 17 Aug 2010 16:03 #76722

• 7yipol
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • YES HE CAN!
bardichev wrote on 16 Aug 2010 17:26:

thank u

im humbled

Responsibility to the klal Rebbe.

Aint easy

Elul!
Hashem is addicted to you! Feel His hugs!"Sheva yipol tzaddik VKUM"

Re: bardichev's battle 17 Aug 2010 23:40 #76754

• rashkebehag
just like you to know that I have been having trouble lately. So i put a note next to my computer Ellul. it's working so far

Re: bardichev's battle 18 Aug 2010 00:33 #76758

• bardichev
Rashke'le
We are here for u

Bardichev

Re: bardichev's battle 20 Aug 2010 21:23 #76933

• bardichev
Ah freilichen shabbos!!!

Bardichev

Re: bardichev's battle 26 Aug 2010 12:36 #77190

• Dov
  • Administrator
"Anee l'Dodi"...that's not such a chiddush, for what choice do I really have? I am not a total moron any more....but "v'Dodi lee, v'eilai teshukaso" - now that's a chiddush!! Yipee!!
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes