Welcome, Guest

Shlomo's Shlep to 90
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 18190 Views

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 09 Jun 2010 22:54 #69763

• Shlomo
  • Gold Boarder
so i bring some good news. i called up my school yesterday and they said that my first semester would be Fall 2011, which leads me to believe that i've been granted the deferral. but with nothing in writing, i'm still tentative. but i thought you guys should know! in other news, i had a particularly strong urge right before i lied down to take a nap, which i've usually succumbed to in the past, but i just thought about the work i've put in so far and i managed to just sleep ( hooray sleep!)

Day 5

Day 1 as always
Last Edit: by .

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 09 Jun 2010 23:01 #69764

• Chazak Amenu
  • Current streak: 378 days
  • Platinum Boarder
YAAAAAY!!!!!  :D :D :D :D :D :D

I am excited to speak to you! mazal tov on both pieces of news!

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 10 Jun 2010 13:19 #69855

• Shlomo
  • Gold Boarder
last night, for some reason, i fell. i know it was just because i wanted to take that first peek, when it has never lead to something good. i dunno if it was overconfidence, complacency, stupidity, or an unhealthy mixture of all of 'em. regardless, i've set up something on the family computer so that this shouldn't happen again. in reality, it shouldn't have happened at all, but i just gotta try and learn from it...

i'm not sure if this happens with anyone else, but a lot of times if i post earlier on in the day of my successes, i'll fall victim to my Y"H later that same day. maybe i let my guard down, maybe i take on a more lax mindset, but regardless, its just a weird trend. hopefully i'll try and stick to posting in my own thread only at night so i can give a full recap of the day....

[sigh] Day 1

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 10 Jun 2010 14:46 #69865

• briut
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Dear Shlomo:
1) mazal tov on all the college and yeshiva stuff coming together. We all look forward to hearing good news that it's all in place.

2) thanks for the reminder about that first look. I've been SO tempted to take just a look. Maybe I need to "prove" to myself that I'm strong enough, evolved enough (I hate to say 'recovered' enough, but yeah...) to handle one look. In any case, I appreciate your reminder. Really. Even while I'm really sorry you had to learn the hard way.

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 10 Jun 2010 14:49 #69866

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
Sorry to hear about your fall...I don't know if you fell after our chat, but i sincerely hope you didn't. If I am on and you feel like you have to fall tell me! I was on for a while! We even talked! I hope you are doing ok now. speak soon!

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 10 Jun 2010 16:53 #69896

• Shlomo
  • Gold Boarder

thanks for the support guys. well, i can only say thank you to both of you guys (and also jamie for you're very inspiring email). it really helps.

i also received an email from my school today, confirming the deferral, so i feel like a huge load has been taken off my shoulders. My tefillos (along with everyone else's) have been answered by Hashem and I could not be happier. Todah for the tefillos. i have no doubt that they helped immensely.

in the email jamie sent me, he challenged me to make a very serious change in my life. I've thought and it seems like the best option is to learn more Torah. To be completely honest, i've gotten lazy over that last month or so since finishing classes, and it stinks to only realize now that i could spent my time on more useful endeavors (i.e. Torah study). So hopefully the following goals are manageable:

1) 30 Minutes of Mishnah study a day
2) 1 activity in the hebrew book that i have
3) read over the first chapter of Bava Kama (just mishnah) to begin memorizing it (i've been working on this so it shouldnt be hard to keep up)

given my schedule, this shouldnt be too hard to pull off. hopefully this is just a minimum of torah study

Well, signing off until later. Thanks for your everyones' help, tefillos and support!!!!

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 10 Jun 2010 18:21 #69920

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
Shlomo - just Keep On Trucking.

Over-confidence is one of the YH's tricks. We always have to be, well... ON GUARD.

Your "get back up and start again" attitude is wonderfully encouraging. But if counting the days drags you down, DONT!

Concentrate on TODAY, one day at a time. Hey, ONE DAY I can do!! Then tomorrow, sam ting, Hey! ONE DAY I can do! Eventually they'll all string together, like Avraham Avinu was Bo Bayomim, he came WITH his days, all of them equally devoted to Hashem.

Have a GREAT SHABBOS!!
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 13 Jun 2010 02:52 #70226

• Shlomo
  • Gold Boarder
Gut Voch Everyone!

Shabbos went well here (hopefully the same by everyone else)! Over the past couple of days, studying mishnah (berachos) has been really rewarding, something that i hope to go study even more over the summer. The past few days have gone well with shemiras einayim and now, especially after Steve's advice of not counting, i'm trying to take the idea of one day at a time to a new level. Thanks for that concept steve, its really helping out!!! So i guess i'll eliminate the day count from my daily updates (might include it here 'n' there) and i hope everyone's week gets off to a great start!

Day 1 as always

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 13 Jun 2010 03:00 #70227

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
Sounds great! um...i am not sure if you noticed but you just said and i quote "Day 1 as always  "
you said this right after you said you were going to not count every day. Any way just thought i would pop by and say hi.
glad your doing well hopefully at some point i can say the same for myself.

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 13 Jun 2010 16:31 #70323

• Steve
  • Current streak: 5034 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • I
GEVALDIGG!!

Don't know WHAT bards is talkin' 'bout below....

Keep on Truckin', Rebbeinu Shlomo, Shlita.

MAy HKB"H grant you more and more hatzlacha, ad bli dai!!
No one is so small that he can not give help, and no one is so big that he doesn't need it.

Kol HaOlam Kulo, Gesher Tzar Meod, V'HaIkkar: Lo L'Pacheid Klal.
Last Edit: 13 Jun 2010 17:55 by .

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 13 Jun 2010 16:43 #70326

• bardichev
in bardstown we say

gevalDiggg

dig with a daled

yeah i know you sat dalet

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 15 Jun 2010 01:37 #70688

• Shlomo
  • Gold Boarder
Shalom Chaverim.

Well, i've passed another milestone in my life: high school graduation. so i'm officially done with high school and now onto yeshivah, college, and then the real world  :o :o. Now that the "stress" of graduation is through, my grade (a secular school) is having a senior week down at the beach near us. i wont be going for that long (probably not even 24 hours) and it'll only be to hang out with friends. i know to be on the lookout for beach "sights", being as we'll be near a beach, but i've tried to time my visit so i wont actually be visiting any actual beaches (just be at friends houses) and i'll try to manipulate (that sounds devious  ) my friends so we dont anywhere lacking in kedushah. hopefully i'll be able to report back soon with nothing but success!

during mincha today (after graduation) the full scope of how blessed i am hit me. Hashem has given me so many berachos, and recently. yeshivah. high school graduation. college acceptance. continued GUE support. i just wanted to say publicly that i thank Hashem for all he's done for me with shemiras einayim and in life in general. i only hope i'll be able to take this and apply it to my day to day existence. Todah rabah Ribono Shel Olam!

Day 1 as always

(i'll keep this as a "signature" to remind me of only counting today, because you can only get to 90 by
having 90 day 1's!)

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 15 Jun 2010 14:30 #70771

• installed
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Shlomo,

I joined the site yesterday and I read your thread. It's really inspirational. It enables me to anticipate the future which will unfortunately be more difficult than it is now (my 2nd day). I really hope that I don't fall but if I do, I'll keep your attitude in mind (to get up and continue fighting). 

Best of luck, I'm sure you'll be on the top of the "Wall of Honor" within the next 90 days. 

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 17 Jun 2010 20:53 #71247

• Shlomo
  • Gold Boarder
things went well with my friends and we had a good time overall. shemiras einayim went well for the most part and i'm happy to say that ive made it to level 2 (sounds like a videogame  ) Hope everyone's doin well!

Day 1 as always

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 18 Jun 2010 15:11 #71329

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
It's not really 90 day 1's...or 1,000,000 day 1's, for the rest of your life. But it is a whole bunch of days living one day at a time, which in my mind, isn't quite the same thing thing.

What do you think?
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes