Welcome, Guest

Shlomo's Shlep to 90
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 18431 Views

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 09 May 2010 23:26 #64426

• Shlomo
  • Gold Boarder
hey guard, not to sound cheap, but are there any free options? my biggest concern is just being able to pay for it because i'd have to do it through a credit card or paypal, neither of which i have independent of my parents.

and just as an update, my afternoon/evening has been very productive thus far so hopefully things have taken an upswing. thanks for the chizuk SB.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 10 May 2010 00:43 #64431

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
You always make me smile, my friend - thank you!

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 10 May 2010 02:02 #64436

• Chazak Amenu
  • Current streak: 378 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Shlomo wrote on 09 May 2010 19:37:

so while i davened for the coming weeks to be successful, i forgot the idea of worrying about today because thats all you have control over. i fell and fell hard. not only did i fall, but it was a huge waste of time, because it could've been used to study for my finals. i can only hope that the rest of the day will pass without incident and that i can be as productive as possible. i am ashamed and although i havent found the reason yet, i know this fall happened for a reason.

no kidding it is a waste of time! when i fell friday i botched up my whole day and i am going to regret it incredibly just from a work stand point. but that is the way it goes you have to move on and not regret something which you cannot change. try your best to study but not feel to stressed about it (look who is talking) because stress may lead to a fall take take walking breaks in between studying periods to get some fresh air as well as a clear head.

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 10 May 2010 23:09 #64613

• Shlomo
  • Gold Boarder
happy monday everyone. i hope all is well. today was a bit hectic for me, as it was my first day of finals. i had an english essay in the morning that (BH) went very well. then i had a physics test in the afternoon, that did not go as well, to say the least  :-[.  but after the test, i came home and to blow off some steam i went skateboarding for the first time in years and that was a great way to relax. tomorrow, i have the last part of my physics exam and then i dont have any more tests until next monday.

in terms of shemiras einayim, i'm working harder to control my eyes during day to day living and its been improving over the time i've been on the forum. and as for computer issues, no slips or falls today, BH. well, gotta go study astrophysics and sight phenomena! exciting stuff!  :o

day 1: it begins again.

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 10 May 2010 23:31 #64614

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
We begin anew every day - it helps to remember that.

Glad to hear that you're moving forward with life, and that your overall struggles have been improving!

keep on rocking!

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 11 May 2010 00:26 #64621

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
keep it up Shlomo and don't use p*rn as a way to reward yourself for comepleting tests or relieving stress keep doing like you did today reward yourself with a good skateboarding! keep it up!

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 12 May 2010 01:30 #64822

• Shlomo
  • Gold Boarder
just a quick update. today went well overall in all areas of life. tomorrow, i have an interview for a yeshivah in israel that i might go to next year if i take a gap year. hopefully things will work out because everything i've heard about it is amazing. and they even have a policy that you're not allowed to have computers or any portable entertainment devices but they have some computers to check email at. the weirdest part? i look forward to this policy, as it will only help me. hopefully everything will go well tomorrow and i'll be able to report back with good news.

day 2: one day, one day.

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 12 May 2010 01:50 #64824

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
I just want to say one thing Shlomo, it is amazing how long we talk and still i manage to miss all the important stuff! aimply amazing! but i guess that is why you post here to.

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 12 May 2010 23:43 #65095

• Shlomo
  • Gold Boarder
once again, good news in all areas . the interview today went really well and the impression i got is that if all goes well, i'll hear back from the program within a week. hopefully they'll open up a spot for me, as it is very late in the application process. but as i've come to learn, whatever happens or doesnt happen is so for a reason. the drive to and from the interview was far (4.5 hours total) but well worth it, especially if i get to spend a year in Eretz Yisroel.

i managed to fend off some stray thoughts today and BH everything went well both in and out of the house. and i also had a great chat with Chazak Amenu last night that really bolstered my spirits so that you Chazak!

day 3: working harder...

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 13 May 2010 00:03 #65101

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Keep on trucking my friend.  Just remember one day at time and it really helps.

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 13 May 2010 01:29 #65110

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
Shlomo wrote on 12 May 2010 23:43:

and i also had a great chat with Chazak Amenu last night that really bolstered my spirits so that you Chazak!

I also had a great time, i really enjoy talking to you and enjoy getting to know you, too bad the cavaliers lost by 32 (34? don't remember witch one) once we stopped talking the Cavs, and our sick beast LeBron died out. too bad. Mazal Tov on your successful interview! don't get your hopes up and you will not be dissapointed and if you are you will be surprised as well as happy! looking forward to your updates!

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 14 May 2010 00:18 #65305

• Shlomo
  • Gold Boarder
today was one of the best days in recent memory. first, i woke up (i got to sleep in b/c i'm pretty much done with school  8)) and the first email i read was a letter confirming my acceptance to the yeshiva. so all of the emails and work i've put into getting in there has been validated. and if my college lets me defer (which they most likely will), i will get to spend a year in Israel studying in a yeshiva!!! i'll be able to cross off a life goal. wow. this is fantastic. :D

other than that, life trudges on. shemiras einayim was really not a challenge today so by default, i'm doing alright (thank you Hashem).

day 4: back on the chart

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 14 May 2010 01:42 #65316

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow Mazal Tov! that is so exciting! i know how much you were looking forward to it! i am looking forward to talking to you again! congratulations! Israel, here Shlomo comes!

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 17 May 2010 00:02 #65648

• Shlomo
  • Gold Boarder
i just wanted to check in quickly. things are going well but i'll have to leave it at that for now as i need to study for my hardest final tomorrow. daven for me please, i'm going to need it!! i hope everyone's shabbos went well!

day 7: its been one week.....goin' strong.

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 17 May 2010 00:31 #65653

• Chazak Amenu
  • Platinum Boarder
of course we will keep you in mind!
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes