Welcome, Guest

Shlomo's Shlep to 90
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 18199 Views

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 19 Feb 2010 01:24 #54280

• Shlomo
  • Gold Boarder
Shalom Chaverim,
just wanted to update quickly. its been three days since my last update, and still no news . i've had it relatively easy (hopefully that means that i've eliminated as many triggers as possible) and i've set a new record for myself while on GUE: 7 days. a full week clean and things feel good. and especially with purim approaching, i'm (obviously) looking to keep things strong.

thanks for the chizuk and support. 
Last Edit: by .

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 19 Feb 2010 02:55 #54286

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Keep on rocking, bro! That's great to hear! Thanks!

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 19 Feb 2010 11:33 #54337

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for updating us!! It always nice to hear when someone is doing good!! Keep it up and keep it rollin1

have a great shabbos.

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 21 Feb 2010 15:58 #54518

• Shlomo
  • Gold Boarder
last night i had a very interesting experience. in the past, whether it was quickly or over the course of a few hours, it seemed like i always gave in to my Y"H. then afterwards, i would think, "why can't you just say 'later'?! realistically, you know its a momentary pleasure and that a half hour later, there are no lingering benefits, except if you count minor depression and hating yourself/your Y"H. and those dont seem like benefits!!!" but last night, i began thinking about this idea before giving in.

i thought about how the pleasure is only momentary and (although i always try to pick myself up and turn the fall into something good) how i'm always disappointed with myself. the urge last night was the strongest in my current streak, but simply meditating on these thoughts and then going downstairs to spend time with my siblings got my mind in a better place. and lo and behold, i'm still clean.

so right now, i feel proud. not proud because i staved off my y"h, but because i did G-d's will. thats what i'm most proud of. i'm happy to be a soldier with the rest of you guys and GUE, fighting the y"h so that G-d's will can be done. i think we're all fightin' a noble cause  .

well, morning of day 10 and things are still lookin' good.

Shavuah Tov. 

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 21 Feb 2010 16:01 #54520

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow!!! And yes you should be proud!! Every won battle is a step closer to winning the war! So keep on rollin and keep it to one day at a time!

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 22 Feb 2010 01:03 #54662

• Shlomo
  • Gold Boarder
well, i just found myself in a shaky situation. i had a rather large slip (not a fall) and now my mind cant focus b/c i feel bad that something even got started. i'm trying to keep in mind that i've worked hard for 10 days and that this simple fact should help me, but i'm still on unstable ground and i'm still disappointed with myself.

i've made it through day 10. but just barely. hopefully, with renewed vigor and desire to fulfill Hashem's will, i'll have positive news tomorrow.

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 22 Feb 2010 01:31 #54673

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
When you have a slip, you can think of it as a gift from hashem - a reminder of dangerous things are, and how weak we are - and therefore, how careful we have to be!

Keep on rocking - and ask yourself, how can you be disappointed in yourself? Everyone here is proud of even knowing someone as amazing as you, and Hashem is proud of you!

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 22 Feb 2010 01:40 #54675

• Shlomo
  • Gold Boarder
silentbattle- you are such a great resource and such a good support system. especially in this case (and also for helping me along this journey thus far), i can only say thank you.

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 22 Feb 2010 16:25 #54754

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Shlomo, we're there for each other - that's what it's all about!

Did you have an extra piece of cake or something in celebration for my 90 days? Feel free to post any ideas you have for ways that I could make a party of some kind, that other people could enjoy.

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 22 Feb 2010 20:57 #54822

• sci1977
  • Current streak: 438 days
  • Platinum Boarder
keep on trucking my friend.  Also, do your best to remember its only about tiny slices of time.  Just get throught the minute.  Live for today.  Don't worry about tomorrow.  Just remember to live.  We are all here for you!!

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 22 Feb 2010 21:35 #54832

• imtrying25
  • Platinum Boarder
Shlomo wrote on 22 Feb 2010 01:40:

silentbattle- you are such a great resource and such a good support system. especially in this case (and also for helping me along this journey thus far), i can only say thank you.
DITTO!!!!

And shlomo, yes we feel horrible after we ahve a slip, especially a major slip. But what we need to realize is, that this is actually one of the YH's tactics to get us down and to make us fall even further. We need to try and forget about it, learn from it whtever we could and just move on!!

Keep it up and keep it rollin!!

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 22 Feb 2010 21:43 #54835

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
What do you enjoy more, the complements on this forum or ................. ?

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 22 Feb 2010 23:02 #54866

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
There's another purpose besides compliments? ??? ??? ???

:D :D :D :D

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 23 Feb 2010 02:14 #54909

• Shlomo
  • Gold Boarder
things are good for today. just as a note, after seeing how much success other members have had with introspection and looking deeply at themselves (esp. sci1977  ), i plan to start doing the same. with school and work, i'll have a tough time doing so this week but i free up next week and i hope to begin on the monumental project of seeing who i am as a person.

silentbattle, scie1977, IT25- thanks for the chizuk and the tips. i dont think you realize how much help you all have given here on the forum.  seriously, great work.

i'll also try to start posting more in other threads so i can try to give back to other members.

laila tov. 

Re: Shlomo's Shlep to 90 23 Feb 2010 03:45 #54916

• Shlomo
  • Gold Boarder
i need help. i just walked into my younger brother's room (he's 12) to tell him something. he was lying down in his bed, as it was past is bedtime, and when i came in, i had to tell him something and i told him it, but out of the corner of my eye, i saw a webpage opened to something very un-tznius. i didn't say anything because i didnt want to react irrationally or do any damage to him.

(a little background necessary) like i said in my first post, i have become more observant than my family over the past few years and over the past year or so, my brother has been becoming more observant as well. for a 12 year, he is taking amazing strides (such as becoming shomer shabbos and even working on his interactions with girls). i have so much respect for him even at such a young age. however, he is growing up in a society that tells him that its okay to explore sexuality.

but back to the present, i dont know what to do. i think the logical thing to do would be sometime in the next couple days, i feel like i could talk with him about putting a filter on his computer (he has a laptop) and explain how I have a filter on mine. realistically, i feel like crying out to Hashem to protect my younger brother because i dont want to see him sucked in at such a young age. i know that many young boys (myself as well as the majority of the secular boys) went online to look at pictures in our early youth. hopefully this is just what i saw. but at the same time, i feel like i need to protect my brother and his innocence!

help please?!
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes