Welcome, Guest

I also want to!!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: I also want to!! 584 Views

Re: I also want to!! 22 Jul 2024 05:50 #417490

starting day 14.
I've been feeling a little depressed the past few days and I'm not sure why, could it be withdrawal symptoms? 

Re: I also want to!! 22 Jul 2024 06:44 #417493

• yiftach
  • Current streak: 256 days
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
jollypenguin42 wrote on 22 Jul 2024 05:50:
starting day 14.
I've been feeling a little depressed the past few days and I'm not sure why, could it be withdrawal symptoms? 

100% normal. Been there, and many others can say the same. 

Don't let it get in the way. Accept that it's normal. Your brain is used to numbing itself with dopamine and you're breaking that cycle. 

There's light at the end of the tunnel! 

KOT!
Looking forward to get to know you better! 

Email me @ yiftach1609@gmail.com or call/text 347-201-4989 (Google voice)

My story is unfolding here
"יפתח ה' לך את אוצרו הטוב"

Re: I also want to!! 22 Jul 2024 08:39 #417495

• Muttel
  • Current streak: 115 days
  • Gold Boarder
I second the motion. Now’s the time your insides realize that someone is no longer on board here with their regular “fix”. 

You may see yourself feeling hypersensitive to women around you, having wet dreams, feeling down, etc. These are the subconscious looking to break into you with their need for that fix.

Stay strong, and holler to us if you need, will ya’?

Wishing you tons of success in this delicious battle,
Muttel
We're in this struggle together; feel free to reach out! 
Muttel15@gmail.com

Feel free to call! (908) 251-9590 (google)

Check out my thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/413043-My-ENTIRE-story#413043

Re: I also want to!! 22 Jul 2024 08:41 #417496

thanks so much! feels great to have poeple backing me up!

Re: I also want to!! 22 Jul 2024 11:30 #417499

• BenHashemBH
  • Platinum Boarder
Stay jolly and waddle onward. You got this.
Hatzlacha
Every challenge is an opportunity. Every stumbling block is also a steppingstone. Keep climbing.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
"In the place where the penitents stand, the perfectly righteous cannot stand." -Berachos 34b
The yetzarim a person has the most trouble dealing with are his most powerful God-given tools for developing his potential and achieving shleimus.
In order to love who you are, you cannot hate the experiences that shaped you.
It doesn't matter how big the number is, only that today it is going up by one.

A little about what I'm doing here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/412971-I-Want-to-Help-Others

Re: I also want to!! 23 Jul 2024 06:19 #417573

day 15 is for me is a day of reflection.
This is the day that the wall of Jerusalem was breached and our enemies came pouring in to our holiest city, the place where we could be so close to Hashem. 
The walls of Jerusalem symbolize many things. they symbolize the connection of כלל ישראל. they symbolize how much we care to protect our connection with Hashem. But on a personal level, for me at least, they symbolize the walls in my life that I haven't always kept so safe...
so as this day of fasting, of mourning, begins - I invite us all to think how we can rebuild the breached walls in our life. how to rebuild our connection to ourselves, and how to rebuild our connection to everyone around us.  

Re: I also want to!! 24 Jul 2024 05:58 #417649

day 16 

Re: I also want to!! 28 Jul 2024 10:52 #417910

can't believe I'm at day 20, It's been almost a year since I was sober for this long. feels so good to be living for real!

Re: I also want to!! 28 Jul 2024 11:11 #417912

Wow! Keep going till 90 and more.

Re: I also want to!! 29 Jul 2024 05:29 #417970

day 21

Re: I also want to!! 30 Jul 2024 05:56 #418043

day 22 
BH I'm starting to feel really stable in this new place. That's not to say I don't have urges every day that I'm dealing with, but I'm very calm.

Re: I also want to!! 30 Jul 2024 11:58 #418047

• BenHashemBH
  • Platinum Boarder
amevakesh wrote on 17 Jul 2024 13:09:
Wow! Great for you. Hope that feeling lasts for a very long time and carries you through all future challenges. The reality though is a bit more sobering. Don't want to spoil your hopes, but there unfortunately will be struggles that you're going to have to deal with in the future. I remember as a Bachur in Jerusalem, I had times that I felt invincible and my שמירת העינים was perfect even during the summer months, I remember thinking never again will I fall. Well what do you know, I didn't slay the YH just yet, and bit by bit the feeling of "never again" left me and I was back to square one. Real success can't be based on "feeling good" because those feelings don't last forever. They are useful as a tool, to give you fuel to propel you forward and give you חשק to keep on fighting.

You mentioned that you've shared with a lot of people. That's amazing, a great place to start. As DavidT posted, the best thing you can do for yourself is to break out of isolation, that where the YH thrives. Get yourself an accountability partner, or find a Rebbe in your Yeshiva that your comfortable speaking to, preferably one with experience in these matters. If you're interested, try reaching out to Yiftach, he lives there and would be able to give you guidance and Chizuk, like he gave me (over the phone, although I'm sure in real life it's much better). Hatzlacha! Keep on Rocking!

JollyPenguin,
Are you still connected to the people you mentioned helping you in the past?
Have you made any connections with the chevra here on GYE?
Continued hatzlacha!
Every challenge is an opportunity. Every stumbling block is also a steppingstone. Keep climbing.
"In the place where the penitents stand, the perfectly righteous cannot stand." -Berachos 34b
The yetzarim a person has the most trouble dealing with are his most powerful God-given tools for developing his potential and achieving shleimus.

A little about what I'm doing here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/412971-I-Want-to-Help-Others

Re: I also want to!! 31 Jul 2024 09:46 #418172

yeah, BH I have a few friends that I'm comfortable sharing with, and one of my רבנים as well, thanks for asking! as for friends on GYE I don't feel comfortable meeting new people through this sort of platform, but that's ok. 
Anyway, day 23!

Re: I also want to!! 31 Jul 2024 11:57 #418174

• BenHashemBH
  • Platinum Boarder
jollypenguin42 wrote on 31 Jul 2024 09:46:
yeah, BH I have a few friends that I'm comfortable sharing with, and one of my רבנים as well, thanks for asking! as for friends on GYE I don't feel comfortable meeting new people through this sort of platform, but that's ok. 
Anyway, day 23!

That's awesome.
You don't have to "meet" anyone here, but can still connect if you want to. Many use Google Voice to talk on the phone anonymously. No pressure, just mentioning the option exists.
Kol tov

Re: I also want to!! 01 Aug 2024 06:01 #418231

day 24
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes