Welcome, Guest

I also want to!!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: I also want to!! 484 Views

I also want to!! 14 Jul 2024 06:24 #417052

BH i'm on the way to 90 days, really hoping I can make it the whole way (and continue after). currently on day 6, I hope to be able to post regularly and make a real change!

Re: I also want to!! 14 Jul 2024 14:25 #417065

• amevakesh
  • Current streak: 389 days
  • Gold Boarder
A very warm welcome to the GYE family! We're looking forward to getting to know you. It should be with much Hatzlacha!

Re: I also want to!! 14 Jul 2024 15:14 #417068

• Muttel
  • Current streak: 100 days
  • Gold Boarder
You've come to the right place!

When I joined 68 days ago, I wasn't sure how realistic hitting 90 days was for me. BH, I can say now, due to all the help on this forum, not only is 90 days within reach, I now can realistically see myself staying clean permanently. 

take advantage of the מלאכים here and fly high!!

May I suggest you reach out to Hashem Help Me (michelgelner@gmail.com) for help? He's helped countless others, me included.

With best and warmest wishes for your successful break from this struggle,

Muttel
We're in this struggle together; feel free to reach out! 
Muttel15@gmail.com

Feel free to call! (908) 251-9590 (google)

Check out my thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/413043-My-ENTIRE-story#413043

Re: I also want to!! 14 Jul 2024 16:47 #417070

• redfaced
  • Current streak: 475 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Looking fwd to hearing about your progress!
Here is Chaimoigen's warm hand....
May you slide down the banister of happiness and get many splinters of success up your career

Feel free to send me an owl, a howler, or even a Crumple-Horned Snorkack to Iamredfaced@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/416899-The-Red-Face

Re: I also want to!! 14 Jul 2024 18:48 #417075

thank you to all! really feeling good about this journey.

Re: I also want to!! 14 Jul 2024 19:34 #417079

• JARES90
  • Senior Boarder
Good luck achi!!!! Stay strong 

Re: I also want to!! 15 Jul 2024 07:03 #417106

Day 7 just started (I live in Israel and it's feeling great to be clean! I hope to update every day I can, we'll see how it goes! 

Re: I also want to!! 15 Jul 2024 11:49 #417115

• yiftach
  • Current streak: 240 days
  • Gold Boarder
Welcome! 

אוירא דארץ ישראל מחכים! You're lucky for this special boost! 

Still, there is much room for vigilance, unfortunately, on the Yerushalmi streets as well! Stay safe and be vigilant!

Hatzlacha on your journey! Share a little about yourself and I'm sure you'll receive the warmest support from the clan!
Looking forward to get to know you better! 

Email me @ yiftach1609@gmail.com or call/text 347-201-4989 (Google voice)

My story is unfolding here
"יפתח ה' לך את אוצרו הטוב"

Re: I also want to!! 15 Jul 2024 15:45 #417140

I'm 19 years old and have pretty much lived here my whole life. over covid when I was home all day started my ediction to P&M. BH over the past few years Iv'e made a lot of progress, shared with a lot of people and am really in a much better place. this year i'm in my first year in yeshiva and now I really want to take it to the next level and be totally free of P&M. so here I am, on the way to 90 days, and I'm really davening hard to make it! 
thank you guys for all the support, it really feels so great to be on this platform. 

Re: I also want to!! 15 Jul 2024 17:31 #417155

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
jollypenguin42 wrote on 15 Jul 2024 15:45:
I'm 19 years old and have pretty much lived here my whole life. over covid when I was home all day started my ediction to P&M. BH over the past few years Iv'e made a lot of progress, shared with a lot of people and am really in a much better place. this year i'm in my first year in yeshiva and now I really want to take it to the next level and be totally free of P&M. so here I am, on the way to 90 days, and I'm really davening hard to make it! 
thank you guys for all the support, it really feels so great to be on this platform. 

Hatzlacha with your journey in Yeshiva! Looking forward to seeing you at the other side of 90 ... and beyond! 
 It's very important to CONNECT with someone.  Several times, Hashem repeated, “It is good” in the creation story. Do you remember what broke his streak? When he saw man alone, he said, “It is not good.” Sure enough, man got in trouble when he isolated. Surround yourself with a few friends, a recovery group, and an accountability partner.
The opposite of addiction is not sobriety - it's CONNECTION. Addiction thrives on isolation! Find someone that you can share your pain and struggles with. And finally, have someone who can cheer you on and celebrate your both big and small wins with you!
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: I also want to!! 16 Jul 2024 05:57 #417196

good morning! day 8 just started and I'm feeling great!

Re: I also want to!! 17 Jul 2024 07:01 #417295

little update on yesterday, I was in Jerusalem and for the first time was really makpid to look only at the beautiful stones of the holy city. I saw almost nothing problematic and it felt so great! 
It's time for day 9!

Re: I also want to!! 17 Jul 2024 13:09 #417301

• amevakesh
  • Current streak: 389 days
  • Gold Boarder
Wow! Great for you. Hope that feeling lasts for a very long time and carries you through all future challenges. The reality though is a bit more sobering. Don't want to spoil your hopes, but there unfortunately will be struggles that you're going to have to deal with in the future. I remember as a Bachur in Jerusalem, I had times that I felt invincible and my שמירת העינים was perfect even during the summer months, I remember thinking never again will I fall. Well what do you know, I didn't slay the YH just yet, and bit by bit the feeling of "never again" left me and I was back to square one. Real success can't be based on "feeling good" because those feelings don't last forever. They are useful as a tool, to give you fuel to propel you forward and give you חשק to keep on fighting.

You mentioned that you've shared with a lot of people. That's amazing, a great place to start. As DavidT posted, the best thing you can do for yourself is to break out of isolation, that where the YH thrives. Get yourself an accountability partner, or find a Rebbe in your Yeshiva that your comfortable speaking to, preferably one with experience in these matters. If you're interested, try reaching out to Yiftach, he lives there and would be able to give you guidance and Chizuk, like he gave me (over the phone, although I'm sure in real life it's much better). Hatzlacha! Keep on Rocking!

Re: I also want to!! 19 Jul 2024 07:05 #417423

thanks for keeping me on track, and for all the עצות!
I wasn't able to update for day 10, I wasn't in yeshiva and had a strong urge, but BH I calmed myself by breathing and thinking about the process that I started, so happy I could do that. 
on to day 11!

Re: I also want to!! 21 Jul 2024 10:25 #417455

day 12 was a great shabbat, on to day 13!
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes