Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Triggers 70 Views

Triggers 15 Apr 2024 08:25 #411825

• pureheart
  • Current streak: 7 days
  • Fresh Boarder
I am 7 days clean. So far, the path to 7 has been fairly smooth. A couple of mental reminders at certain points during the day. 

Yesterday, I came face to face with one of my biggest triggers which is stress at home. Living in Israel, especially since the war started, whenever the kids get stuck home at school and my schedule is thrown off, my brain goes straight to looking for an outlet. 

I am grateful that I had the strength to not fall or even slip but it has been a difficult 48 hours. 

Re: Triggers 15 Apr 2024 09:52 #411826

• frank.lee
  • Current streak: 333 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome Pureheart!

Did you ever read the book The Battle of the Generation?

Re: Triggers 15 Apr 2024 13:33 #411845

Keep on trucking! Amazing you are able to hold on despite the stress and fear. 

Were you successful in putting on a filter? That's the number one way to avoid falling when triggered.
We are not the same people we once were. We are not so locked into our urges that we have no choice. We can choose to give in or choose to win this battle today. We do not want to give in, the pleasure of giving in is false. 
With Hashem on our side our victory is inevitable; the only way we can lose is by giving up on playing the game.

Re: Triggers 16 Apr 2024 17:11 #411925

• yitzchokm
  • Current streak: 290 days
  • Platinum Boarder
The situation in Israel is challenging. Mindfulness exercises can help. You can redeem mindfulness exercises with coins on GYE. Since the situation in Israel is much calmer than on October 7th you might not need the following but if you are afraid of developing PTSD from the war or you need coping skills to calm down your children when there are sirens try out the free webinar on coping in a war zone on psychotraumaunit.com. Since you live in Israel you might have something better than that from Pikud Haoref. Rooting for you.
Last Edit: 17 Apr 2024 13:18 by yitzchokm.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.32 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes