Welcome, Guest

i am not feeling accomplished
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: i am not feeling accomplished 184 Views

i am not feeling accomplished 26 Mar 2024 11:40 #410698

• jonthen123
  • Current streak: 125 days
  • Senior Boarder
hi i am trying to be clean but so far i have done 13 days and i dont feel god about it i have done so long before but never with a plan now i am working with a plan and i have all hands on deck but i dont seam to feel good or  accomplished  

Re: i am not feeling accomplished 26 Mar 2024 11:48 #410699

• Captain
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome! This is very common. Please read The Battle of the Generation (link below in my signature). It's very good for this.
In the place where ba’alei teshuva stand, even pure tzaddikim who never sinned cannot stand. (Rabbi Avohu, Brachos 34b)

Great free resources:
My favorite book for breaking free: The Battle of the Generation 
https://guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation. Change your attitude and change your life!

Rabbi Shafier's incredible lectures on breaking free: The Fight. Download here: 
https://theshmuz.com/series/the-fight/

If you're only ready to try something small, check out an easier way to do self-talk here:
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain—Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge

Re: i am not feeling accomplished 26 Mar 2024 15:24 #410710

• chaimoigen
  • Current streak: 458 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey, here’s a warm hand. Welcome aboard! 

It’s a process, it takes time. Be patient, and be patient with yourself. Habits and patterns, ways of dealing with things that have been going on for a while are very powerful, takes a while to change and feel good. But the great news is that it can be done!! 

It’s a great step  that you’ve come on and started posting here. There’s a lot to learn, and great people to learn from. Hang on, read some threads, read the book Captain sent you, maybe message some people when you’re ready. 

It can be quite a ride sometimes, but you can get to where you want to go, with a little help from friends and the Rebono Shel Olam. 
Stay in touch!

Chaim Oigen 
Please feel free to reach out anytime at chaim.oigen@gmail.com

Re: i am not feeling accomplished 26 Mar 2024 15:59 #410716

jonthen123 wrote on 26 Mar 2024 11:40:
hi i am trying to be clean but so far i have done 13 days and i dont feel god about it i have done so long before but never with a plan now i am working with a plan and i have all hands on deck but i dont seam to feel good or  accomplished  

I usually don't feel good about it either. Sometimes I am proud of myself, but most of the time I don't feel good or satisfied and, on the other hand, I don't feel bad or dissatisfied either.

I like to go back to the 'why.' Why am I doing this? I know why I am doing this and it is not for a sense of satisfaction, gratification, or accomplishment. What is your why?

Re: i am not feeling accomplished 26 Mar 2024 17:05 #410723

• jonthen123
  • Senior Boarder
i am taliking to ppl now already thats y i am doing it now with more a plan just somtimes you think when you or doing the wright thing is that you or happy about t you feel good about it it also gives you strength to keep on fighting without feeling accomplished and good about what i am doing i am scared i will fall in a fight you need to have the strength to fight  it even you know it's the right thing you need this extra strength 
Last Edit: 26 Mar 2024 17:09 by jonthen123.

Re: i am not feeling accomplished 26 Mar 2024 19:50 #410732

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
jonthen123 wrote on 26 Mar 2024 17:05:
i am taliking to ppl now already thats y i am doing it now with more a plan just somtimes you think when you or doing the wright thing is that you or happy about t you feel good about it it also gives you strength to keep on fighting without feeling accomplished and good about what i am doing i am scared i will fall in a fight you need to have the strength to fight  it even you know it's the right thing you need this extra strength 

Positive reinforcement plays a pivotal role in the process of habit transformation. Celebrate your victories, no matter how small, and use them as motivation to propel yourself forward. Recognizing and rewarding positive behavior reinforces the neural pathways associated with the desired changes.

Every time you achieve a mini-goal or milestone, it reinforces the effectiveness and value of your new habits. This makes it more likely that you’ll stick with helpful habits going forward. Therefore, rewards (even small ones) can be highly beneficial.

• Reward yourself for milestones: If you’re trying to quit a habit, give yourself a treat for every week you abstain. Examples can include a new piece of clothing or equipment, or a meal out.
  • Share your success: When others notice your progress and comment on it, this gives you validation and an extra boost in confidence. You don’t have to show off or brag, but find people to share your journey with who can celebrate with you.
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: i am not feeling accomplished 27 Mar 2024 12:18 #410765

• jonthen123
  • Senior Boarder
thanks agien for all your help 
but isnt feellling good about yourself good for a fight y dont i feel good about it y am i felling numb

Re: i am not feeling accomplished 27 Mar 2024 12:48 #410769

• chaimoigen
  • Current streak: 458 days
  • Platinum Boarder
jonthen123 wrote on 27 Mar 2024 12:18:
but isnt feellling good about yourself good for a fight y dont i feel good about it y am i felling numb

Oy! Here's a hug....
Have you tried talking to any of the good folks here? It can really help. It's a step and it's a bit scary but after you do it, you'll probably feel  200 pounds lighter. I know I did...
Please feel free to reach out anytime at chaim.oigen@gmail.com
Last Edit: 27 Mar 2024 12:49 by chaimoigen.

Re: i am not feeling accomplished 27 Mar 2024 12:58 #410770

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
jonthen123 wrote on 27 Mar 2024 12:18:

Maybe because you're putting too much thought and emphasis on these feelings.
The good feeling are good but not a must.
The important thing to remember is that our feelings, all of them, are created in our bodies by our thoughts. Bad feelings are not necessarily bad. We, as humans, need to feel the full range of emotions. If we don’t experience bad, how will we know and appreciate good? Some things will make us feel sad or angry and trying not to feel those feelings or trying to block them can cause problems too. Negative emotions in everyday situations are a sign for us to pay attention to what we are thinking. 

"Think good, and it will be good!"
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com
Last Edit: 27 Mar 2024 12:59 by davidt.

Re: i am not feeling accomplished 30 Mar 2024 18:44 #410991

• jonthen123
  • Senior Boarder
anyone has some good ideas how to get more encorgment feel more happy with what you or doing i am bh clean fully for 17 days but still dosnt feel happy or acomplished to keep fighting 

Re: i am not feeling accomplished 31 Mar 2024 01:18 #410998

• vehkam
  • Current streak: 981 days
  • Platinum Boarder
jonthen123 wrote on 30 Mar 2024 18:44:
anyone has some good ideas how to get more encorgment feel more happy with what you or doing i am bh clean fully for 17 days but still dosnt feel happy or acomplished to keep fighting 

Have you read the battle of the generation?
vehkam7@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375452-Work-in-progress

The Battle of the Generation by Hillel S. has been a huge help for me.  Message me to find out how you can receive a free copy.

some of the experiences I write about may make it easier to identify me.  This is ok.  I trust that if anyone discovers my identity they will keep it to themselves.  If you do realize that you  know me, I am completely comfortable and welcome you acknowledging me and my struggle in person.

Re: i am not feeling accomplished 31 Mar 2024 14:35 #411024

• jonthen123
  • Senior Boarder
no not yet

Re: i am not feeling accomplished 31 Mar 2024 18:19 #411036

• notezy
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
jonthen123 wrote on 30 Mar 2024 18:44:

Correct me if I am wrong.I don't think you need to feel happy all the time and I am not saying you shouldn't. But what you require right now more than happiness might be patience, to preserver through the absolute normality.
Life isn't/doesn't have to be an adrenaline rush. It seems like your chasing a high so you feel like your accomplishing somthing even though you have already.
Maybe all you need is a bit of patience and persistence through the calm. the storms will come and you will be wishing for these days when they do so if you must do somthing prepare for that.
"Excuses are the tools of incompetence" -My Friends Friend. 

"Change will lead to insight far more often than insight will lead to change" -Milton H. Erickson
Last Edit: 31 Mar 2024 18:20 by notezy.

Re: i am not feeling accomplished 31 Mar 2024 18:45 #411040

• yitzchokm
  • Current streak: 290 days
  • Platinum Boarder
The theme of the book The Battle of the Generation is the courage and excitement to fight. I suggest that you regularly read it. I couldn't have broken free without it. Here is the link to the ebook: https://guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes