Welcome, Guest

Avi6000 - Aiming for 90 dayz
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Avi6000 - Aiming for 90 dayz 3492 Views

Re: Avi6000 - Aiming for 90 dayz 19 Feb 2010 04:12 #54297

• Shlomo
  • Gold Boarder
hey avi,
i just wanna say: 76 days?!?! THATS AMAZING!!!!! Yes you might've fallen, but now its time to move on. just fyi, i am also 17 (though baal teshuvah) and even though i've only been clean 7 days, i've found that a couple things really help:
- both GUE handbooks. i know it seems like i'm just saying this because its the standard thing to do, but they've helped me so much, especially with dealing with life after a fall
- get filters for every source of internet you have. i also have an ipod and because i couldnt use the internet productively, i disabled internet and now the problem with my ipod is gone. i've gotten extra torah related apps that have taken the place of the old shmutz. that helped a lot.
- i'd say to post more often. the other members are really helpful with helping after a fall, just giving advice and encouragement and they will teach you a lot. and posting more will help you learn more about your own struggle and yourself.

by all means, PM me if you want to (being that we're two of the few teenagers) and i can only wish you the best of luck!!!!

keep your head up!!!!!
Last Edit: by .

Re: Avi6000 - Aiming for 90 dayz 19 Feb 2010 04:38 #54301

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Avi,

To echo what Shlomo said, 76 days is really a great acheivment. Its something I cant say Ive done anf hope to accomplish one day. Those 76 days of Tahara do not get erased because of 3 instanses of Tumah. Now you KNOW you can get there and the only thing standing in the way of that is you. You want some advice on what to do better? Be here more. Be here for the good and not just the bad. It really helps. People tend to just report the bad to the forum and I am not sure why. We like to hear where you are on a frequent basis. If you dont want to check in every day then do it every other day. You have your own thread use it. Another good thing to do would be to be mekabel upon yourself an extra __ minutes of learning every day. Doesnt need to be 2 hours or even an hour. Make it 10 minutes a day. Add that up to 70 munutes a week, about 300 minutes a month 3650 minutes in a year. Thats about 61 hours a year. From 10 minutes a day you can spend an extra 2 and half full days learning. What do you think you'd be doing with time otherwise?

Hatzlacha and stick with it!

-Yiddle

P.S Did you hear??? MISHENICHNAS ASAR MARBIM BESIMCHA!!!

Re: Avi6000 - Aiming for 90 dayz 19 Feb 2010 11:23 #54332

• imtrying25
  • Current streak: 16 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey avi!! dont feel down at all! Do a couple of these 76 days??? WOW!!!!!! We need to realize that this a constant battle. So we fell who cares. It doesnt do anything to the fact that you went clean for 76 days. Those are days for you to keep! Noone will ever be able to take them away from you. So say to yourself, if i could do 76 days then i could do one day. So today im gonna stay clean. Just today. Not tomorrow. One day at a time. But really mean it. Dont think your a loser for falling. Your up 76 to 3! YOUR WINNING BIGTIME!!!!!!!!!!!

Hatzlacha and wishing you all the best.

Have a great shabbos!

Re: Avi6000 - Aiming for 90 dayz 19 Feb 2010 15:54 #54362

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
First of all, look back for a minute. You were clean for 76 days. That is a tremendous accomplishment that nothing you do can ever take away from you! And even if you didn't reach 90 days, 76 days is a solid start to breaking the habit.

Remember that you CAN pick yourself up, and you DON'T have to keep falling. Once we fall, we often have a feeling of, "well, once I'm down here, might as well enjoy the stay!" B

But you're smarter than that - let's go! It might help to post more about your struggles and feelings, and what's going on in your life - I know that helps me. It's also a good reminder of how important and wonderful every day is!

Re: Avi6000 - Aiming for 90 dayz 19 Feb 2010 16:09 #54366

• yona18
  • Current streak: 4500 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Avi, Avi. 17 years old and 76 days clean. That's really incredible, you in the height of hormone stuff and whatnot. And okay, you fell after 76 days and that stinks, but holy heck! 76 days! I'm jealous, dude and I mean it! You inspired me to try harder because if someone in such a time of his life can do his well, then kal vechomer someone who is done with puberty like myself should be able to do better. Together, my friend, let's build back up and work towards 90 and beyond!

So take my hand and lift yourself out of the funk, and let's get cooking lekavod Shabbos Koidesh!

Re: Avi6000 - Aiming for 90 dayz 19 Feb 2010 19:13 #54404

Wow thanx alot guys for your support!! "Silent battle" its so true what u said once i fell i felt like im down the drain already so y not just stay there... and i was shocked myself how i reached up to 76 days its like the yetzer hara kepttt far away from me until the 76th day wheree he crushed me....  G-d willing ill be posting more often and hopefully together with your help i can get back on my feet.. and "NOYA" ill be holding on the hole time just dont let go!!!!

Re: Avi6000 - Aiming for 90 dayz 21 Feb 2010 16:26 #54529

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Avi6000 wrote on 19 Feb 2010 03:21:

Im sorry guys but I FELL !  i reached 76 days i felt so good about myself. All of a sudden i fell right down the drainn and i mean allll da way down i fell 3 days in a row and i cant belive it that i went from being holy to impure i mamesh feel it. Now the batle became so hardddddddddd i cant even explain it. i dont know what to do now i cant even get my mind away from it. i broke a few commitments which includes taking my ipod to da bathroom thatts wat pulls me down the most, i need your help guys i dont wana hit rock botttom anymore please ill really apprciiate it

Avi, Hashem doesn't ask for perfection. He asks only for progress, and you surely progressed TONS already - with a 76 day streak!

You are from Hashem's elite commandos in this crazy world. Every slip is a new chance to start from the ground up. Nothing we gained in the past is lost. It's just a new chance to build upwards!

Listen to this 5 minute clip: www.guardureyes.com/GUE/Music/mus/Telescope.mp3
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Avi6000 - Aiming for 90 dayz 22 Feb 2010 16:26 #54755

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
You're up and moving forward, and I'm looking forward to hearing more about your growth!

And remember - the yetzer hora did NOT crush you! You're still here! Plus, the victories you've had are yours forever!
Last Edit: 22 Feb 2010 16:28 by .

Re: Avi6000 - Aiming for 90 dayz 10 Mar 2010 00:37 #57247

hey guyss well just to keep u updated ive had a cuople falls and i was doing horrible in getting myself up. i think 1 of the main reason y i cudnt get back up cus i stoped reading the chizuk emails. i decided to start reading it again and bh im clean in my 5th day.  1 things 4 sure da yezer hara aint gona give up but i kno 4 sure if god is with me then ill beat the yetzer hara cus it waas god himself who created him.

Re: Avi6000 - Aiming for 90 dayz 10 Mar 2010 03:56 #57254

• Shlomo
  • Gold Boarder
why not post more on the forum? post about your victories from day to day, even if its just checking in to say that nothings happened. we're here for you! and you got it right, Hashem is on our side! keep it up, take things slowly and you'll make it to 90 days in no time.

Re: Avi6000 - Aiming for 90 dayz 10 Mar 2010 16:54 #57369

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm with Shlomo - we miss you, and posting on the forum can help you grow and stay clean!

Re: Avi6000 - Aiming for 90 dayz 11 Mar 2010 23:35 #57619

thanx for ur support guys. il defently post more often like this i wont feel lonely in my battle. Today is my 7th day clean! any advice on how to keep it up?  or anything to watch out for ? like this i can be prepared for anything

Re: Avi6000 - Aiming for 90 dayz 12 Mar 2010 08:27 #57840

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
I'd say keep tabs on how you're feeling. No one else knows how the yetzer hora will approach you better than you yourself. Plan strategy - what usually happens? Then prepare, so that you're ready!

So if, for example, you know that you usually have issues in the evening, make sure that you're not online then, and you have plenty of other things to keep you busy!

Re: Avi6000 - Aiming for 90 dayz 15 Mar 2010 23:40 #58320

HEY guyss i had a fall yesterday  its so upsetting especially after u do good for a while and then BOOM! it jus hits u. I NEED CHIZUK GUYS  im so happy i realized this at a younger age , but still its very hard to control yourself. i dont want this to effect my marriage in da long runn i jus have to find a way to get this out of my system completely rite now

Re: Avi6000 - Aiming for 90 dayz 16 Mar 2010 05:12 #58368

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
Dude,

Dont try to rush it. Follow a program and it will come out on its own. Dont push it out. This aint childbirth, just ask 7up. Take it nice and slow and make every step meaningful so you want have to go back to it.

Youre doing great!

-Yiddle
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes