Welcome, Guest

Nothing to lose
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Nothing to lose 5714 Views

Re: Nothing to lose 30 Jul 2024 04:40 #418041

• notezy
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Fall this morning 
"Excuses are the tools of incompetence" -My Friends Friend. 

"Change will lead to insight far more often than insight will lead to change" -Milton H. Erickson

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 111 30 Jul 2024 13:36 #418051

• BenHashemBH
  • Platinum Boarder
notezy wrote on 24 Jul 2024 20:25:
my opinions on free will don't help...( a long discussion needs to happen at some point) 

Brother NotEzy, who do you have to talk to?
Talking to HHM once a month is beautiful. Have you considered talking to one or more people more frequently, perhaps 1-2 times a week?
When your life is positive, it helps you fight the urges. But what if the falls are making it more difficult to find yourself? It's a catch 22 and you may need to break that cycle by, as you say "embracing the suck" long enough to catch your breath and focus.

It hurts to see you taking hit after hit and it's a real inspiration that you stay standing every time. Praying for you to find what you need.
Kol tov
Every challenge is an opportunity. Every stumbling block is also a steppingstone. Keep climbing.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
"In the place where the penitents stand, the perfectly righteous cannot stand." -Berachos 34b
The yetzarim a person has the most trouble dealing with are his most powerful God-given tools for developing his potential and achieving shleimus.
In order to love who you are, you cannot hate the experiences that shaped you.
It doesn't matter how big the number is, only that today it is going up by one.

A little about what I'm doing here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/412971-I-Want-to-Help-Others
Last Edit: 30 Jul 2024 13:37 by BenHashemBH.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 111 30 Jul 2024 14:14 #418053

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Thats somthing to try contacting people more often even ehen thing go well but I don't always get through

"Change will lead to insight far more often than insight will lead to change" -Milton H. Erickson

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 112 30 Jul 2024 20:24 #418137

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
I am not posting daily anymore because I decided not to count the days for now like I said in an earlier post
but I think I might try doing some updates every once in a while aside from marking when I have a fall...
so anyways despite the fall I had this morning things are good. 
Trying to think of what I could talk about "fall" I saw someone using it on here and adopted it into my own vocabulary to replace "ending streak" I found it helpfull switching these words to reframe "falls" and it's part of what I have used to be less emotionally drained by the battle and the falls is one of my tools to help me bounce back quicker. I know it sounds like such a simple little thing but I thought I would share it.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 113 02 Aug 2024 15:54 #418349

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Had a fall today. I finally got a call back from dov today. We talked it was worth it. Have a good shabbos.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 113 04 Aug 2024 09:57 #418407

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Another fall last night

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 113 04 Aug 2024 16:04 #418419

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
And a fall this afternoon 

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 113 06 Aug 2024 19:11 #418591

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Fall

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 113 07 Aug 2024 02:50 #418633

• chancy
  • Current streak: 787 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Reb Notezy,
not to be rude or anything cv, but i think you need help. Fast.
What makes you fall almost every day? i feel terrible just reading about a fall every other day. 
if you need adivse or help, a lot of us are eager to help. But you gotta come out of your shell and talk to us.

good luck bro.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 113 12 Aug 2024 15:44 #418991

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Taking a break from even posting falls on here to refelect on why I am doing this I have talked with dov I think I am going to still be in touch but I am going to try to follow what yields best results and this ain't it anymore I still might pop in if tmi have what to share that will help me... like I notice I have streets under more control but sometimes make the mistake of forgetting thst vigilance in my own home with devices.

Time to create page: 0.42 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes