Welcome, Guest

Nothing to lose
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Nothing to lose 5724 Views

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 88 20 May 2024 15:22 #413730

• notezy
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
I had a fall.Had an open day was thinking about going somewhere but didnt.I saw some stuff accidentally but went back to it and felt guilty for doing so.Around the same time I found something got past my tools for blocking and I went there and had a fall. I already figured out what i am going to change in my filter settings to prevent this happning again.The 30 day challenge had some simple rules that really were good for me at setting a line in the sand that if you cross it then u have fallen and helped me get here again. I am worried by the fact that I have crossed it. Because it takes away from the strength of the fence.This was my own doing.I could have went for a walk like hhm said earlier in the day.

Alright I had some time to think.
I want to achive greatness to be great would be to carry on despite this fall and keep going knowing how hard it is...
Thats what I will do. 

first stop call hhm.
second stop go for a walk and or leave the house.
Tommrow change the filter settings.

The strange thing is this past 9 days felt like each day each moment I struggled I recognized the choice in the matter. And worrying about potential future falls was a stumbling block I avoided by calling it out. Each choice was looked at to go on in that moment they didn't really follow a pattern of getting easier or harder they all felt hard. 

Reaching out did help some advice I got was better then others.
Ultimately the choice was mine and to make excuses would be to take steps backwards.

Funnily that feeling of a desire to give in the sense that it was to hard to control myself was absent from my mind as I fell. It was just getting it over with knowing it wouldn't be worth it but still doing it anyways like this was just how things went. 
Despite hating this being the fact the truth is still I was looking for entertainment to veg out to I went and read the news and that mindset still was probably the biggest cause of my fall.
"Excuses are the tools of incompetence" -My Friends Friend. 

"Change will lead to insight far more often than insight will lead to change" -Milton H. Erickson
Last Edit: 20 May 2024 15:53 by notezy.

Re: Nothing to lose 20 May 2024 16:47 #413737

• funbuchur
  • Expert Boarder
We have your back!! Doing great!!

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 88 20 May 2024 16:50 #413738

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
On a practical level it's been a few hours and I am trying to keep my spirits up but on the inside I am starting to get feelings of depression/guilt. Is their anything I can do to mitigate this to keep my Yetzer hara from using it as a tool to push me to sin again? 

"Change will lead to insight far more often than insight will lead to change" -Milton H. Erickson

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 88 20 May 2024 17:33 #413744

• BenHashemBH
  • Platinum Boarder
notezy wrote on 20 May 2024 16:50:
On a practical level it's been a few hours and I am trying to keep my spirits up but on the inside I am starting to get feelings of depression/guilt. Is their anything I can do to mitigate this to keep my Yetzer hara from using it as a tool to push me to sin again? 

Please don’t feel down. If we never failed then we could never accomplish. Who is more impressive, someone who gets up once or the one who gets up after falling 100 times? Every time you choose to keep fighting and not give in creates a you that is higher than every you before. This new you is stronger, and the old you’s past does not have jurisdiction in the new you’s future. Every time is the last time for as many times as it takes. You have proven that your yearning is to battle and defeat this yetzer hara and not to give in – so you have absolutely nothing to feel negative about. This is part of your journey. Now you take the next step in the same direction you were going before. It’s not all or nothing. You had 8 precious days, many precious days before that, and many many more to follow. Those didn’t go anywhere. The rest of today will be even more precious when you turn it around and make it your new first last day.

Every challenge is an opportunity. Every stumbling block is also a steppingstone. Keep climbing.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
"In the place where the penitents stand, the perfectly righteous cannot stand." -Berachos 34b
The yetzarim a person has the most trouble dealing with are his most powerful God-given tools for developing his potential and achieving shleimus.
In order to love who you are, you cannot hate the experiences that shaped you.
It doesn't matter how big the number is, only that today it is going up by one.

A little about what I'm doing here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/412971-I-Want-to-Help-Others

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 89 21 May 2024 06:12 #413774

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Alright start of day 1.
"This is the first day of the rest of your life!"

I think it's been 118 days since I started this challenge.

Last Edit: 21 May 2024 07:27 by notezy.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 89 21 May 2024 11:23 #413775

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Finished chapter 25 of TBOTG I haven't read it in a while the ending of the chapter was talking about celebrating each victory and mentally emotionally physically if we do this it will give us strength to push forward... 

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 89 21 May 2024 17:00 #413797

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
In Jerusalem today davning at the kotel for eveyone.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 90 22 May 2024 05:08 #413837

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Day 2 Start

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 90 22 May 2024 07:45 #413839

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Updated my Lock settings patched the hole in the fence I talked about in my last fall.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 90 22 May 2024 12:27 #413845

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
A little apathetic today been trying to figure out why... I went to the gym and yehsivha.. getting those feelings you grt in the beginning after a fall of "u had a taste of tivah and you want more" not sure what to do with them pushing it away and pretending it's not there might leave it dwelling in the subconscious... bringing it up to face it doesn't help because then your focusing on thinking about the things you shouldn't be thinking about so I am settling for discussing and writing about it here and then moving on.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 90 22 May 2024 15:32 #413857

• chancy
  • Current streak: 787 days
  • Platinum Boarder
notezy wrote on 22 May 2024 12:27:
A little apathetic today been trying to figure out why... I went to the gym and yehsivha.. getting those feelings you grt in the beginning after a fall of "u had a taste of tivah and you want more" not sure what to do with them pushing it away and pretending it's not there might leave it dwelling in the subconscious... bringing it up to face it doesn't help because then your focusing on thinking about the things you shouldn't be thinking about so I am settling for discussing and writing about it here and then moving on.

You know what you do? You find that roaring lion deep inside of you that wants to scream and you let it out! 
Scream
"I DONT WANT ANY OF THIS ANYMORE"
I WANT TO STAY CLEAN, FOCUSED, HOLY, PURE
I DO NOT NEED TO ACT ON MY LUST, I CAN MOVE ON
ARRGGGHHHHHH!!!
Stop being so nice and gentle and waiting to feel free. Fight you way thru a desire! Now you are free.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 90 22 May 2024 19:56 #413885

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Ending day 2

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 90 23 May 2024 12:47 #413909

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Mid day 3.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 90 23 May 2024 20:18 #413976

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Finishing day 3 I am on my way back to where I was. I am proud of myself.

Re: Nothing to lose 23 May 2024 20:50 #413982

This helped me a ton thank u 
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes