Welcome, Guest

Nothing to lose
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Nothing to lose 5726 Views

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 84.5 16 May 2024 12:22 #413456

• notezy
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
notezy wrote on 16 May 2024 10:24:
Mid day I feel it's getting harder.
Why does this bother me so much every time. I know it's coming and it's what I signed up for but it makes me so uneasy. 
Once i make all these sacrifices i expect to have an easier time or what was it all for then i get strong urge a few days in and I feel what was all that effort in quiting youtube and spotify for if the urges still come this strong unprompted. We'll if I am being honest their was a trigger earlier today but I moved on past it. 
Why dont i ever get a chance to rest in this fight.

I feel bad man and I didn't even do anything wrong. Things are going well yet I still feel these urges holding me down. I don't want this battle anymore I just want peace. I feel like I am asking for to much because I haven't found it yet. I talk a good game but still fall apart easily like this. I talk about stress and anxiety like an anxsty teenager yet I am in my early 20s (that's harsh I know).Just got out of a sh*tty job i have been stuck in for a few years yet still dont feel better.A few things don't go the way I expected and I feel incompetent and like I am wasting my time. (Redacted for privacy, redacted for privacy, still having urges after getting off spotify and youtube.)Like i am lost going nowhere and other forms of self pity. I feel like a terrible person probably the YH just trying to make me feel guilty to lower my guard and give in..Thats probably what it is: an attempt to sacrifice my self worth on the alter to selfish desire. 
I have been here before.
"Excuses are the tools of incompetence" -My Friends Friend. 

"Change will lead to insight far more often than insight will lead to change" -Milton H. Erickson

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 84.5 16 May 2024 13:15 #413461

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Alright the urges passed. I am going to take a walk in the park to double down but I thought I would note that I havent had urges pass without acting on them or eventually acting on them in a while.
it's a case of missing the forest for the trees. Whenever I get these strong urges my mind goes into panic mode thinking these urges won't go away like even if they pass it will only be from distracting myself and then they will come back.  I haven't had it naturally go away in a long time.
I think if I get a chance to get passed it like I did today I won't feel so fight of flighty when they come in the future.

"Change will lead to insight far more often than insight will lead to change" -Milton H. Erickson
Last Edit: 16 May 2024 13:16 by notezy.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 84.5 16 May 2024 13:26 #413462

• youknowwho
  • Platinum Boarder
I feel for you, your angst and strain are palpable. 

You seem lost deep inside your brain, both with thoughts and emotional turmoil (yup, something I'm pretty familiar with)

Have you ever picked up a phone and spoken to someone? How about a shmooze with Eerie, who is chicken soup for the soul? There are others here too, who would be glad to hear you vent....Try it!

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 84.5 16 May 2024 13:29 #413463

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Yah I talk with eerie and hhm every once in a while 

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 84.5 16 May 2024 13:32 #413465

• youknowwho
  • Platinum Boarder
notezy wrote on 16 May 2024 13:29:
Yah I talk with eerie and hhm every once in a while 

Great!! Find people who have ears to chew off, even more than once in a while, it will do you a world of good. 

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 85 17 May 2024 11:40 #413558

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Day 6. 
keeping busy watching nephews.
I think i will be cruising into shabbos on a good note.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 86 18 May 2024 17:49 #413623

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Shavuah tov. Mostly uneventful shabbos.
anyways end of day ish 
Day 7.

Today is 7 day which is one week of counting the success. 
And 1 week free of youtube and spotify...

Last Edit: 18 May 2024 17:51 by notezy.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 87 19 May 2024 03:23 #413642

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Day 8. Start

I see my mind toy with the idea giving in every once in a while tempting me.
Any advice other than to ignore it?

Last Edit: 19 May 2024 11:20 by notezy.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 87.5 19 May 2024 11:29 #413654

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Mid day it's been a bit harder today."Depression is the result of unmet expectations."and the transition (job and learning) feels like it isn't working out as i expected and i am sacrifcing more then i signed on for.
depression and anger can lead to urges when blinded by emotion the Yetzer hara has an opening.
I also got pretty annoyed with somthing else this morning for not working...
anyways thats were the urges are coming from. Or so I think. 

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 87 19 May 2024 11:48 #413655

• BenHashemBH
  • Platinum Boarder
notezy wrote on 19 May 2024 03:23:
Day 8. Start

I see my mind toy with the idea giving in every once in a while tempting me.
Any advice other than to ignore it?

You are doing great! Do you have a personal mission statement or core motivating source? Perhaps try calling it forth in your mind to immediately interrupt these thoughts before they fully develop. Something short that reminds you of your resolve and gives you a positive boost. I made a serious commitment to grow and I'm keeping it. I know G-d is proud of every aspect of my monumental efforts. I believe in myself and these thoughts are not welcome. Thank you Hashem for helping me do the right thing. Smile, sing, and dance for you in this moment are at the highest levels of serving Hashem - a gadol among men.

Yasher Koach!
Every challenge is an opportunity. Every stumbling block is also a steppingstone. Keep climbing.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
"In the place where the penitents stand, the perfectly righteous cannot stand." -Berachos 34b
The yetzarim a person has the most trouble dealing with are his most powerful God-given tools for developing his potential and achieving shleimus.
In order to love who you are, you cannot hate the experiences that shaped you.
It doesn't matter how big the number is, only that today it is going up by one.

A little about what I'm doing here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/412971-I-Want-to-Help-Others

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 87 19 May 2024 13:15 #413658

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
How do I get to a point where I don't feel like I am suffering for doing the right thing.
this sucks.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 87 19 May 2024 14:07 #413660

• BenHashemBH
  • Platinum Boarder
notezy wrote on 19 May 2024 13:15:
How do I get to a point where I don't feel like I am suffering for doing the right thing.
this sucks.

I think the answer to that lies in emunah. Not the easy kind, the really really hard kind. Hashem does not make anyone suffer to cause them pain. Hashem does send us these challenges because they are exactly what we need to reach our potential. When we focus on what we need to do now and trust that the results are up to Hashem, this is where the perspective shifts. We aren't ignoring the feelings, they are there and true. We are viewing the difficulty as benefit and embrace that the pain is that of growth, not breaking. A bodybuilder embraces the suck, and even yearns for it. That is the assurance that he is getting stronger. The struggle is a necessary step to reach his goal, so he does not quit. 

We are all here for the struggle. We motivate each other and grow together. Hashem placed this weight on our shoulders because he entrusted us with a most sacred mission. We and only we can lift this weight and throw it off to bring kedusha to the world, and we will do it together.
Every challenge is an opportunity. Every stumbling block is also a steppingstone. Keep climbing.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
"In the place where the penitents stand, the perfectly righteous cannot stand." -Berachos 34b
The yetzarim a person has the most trouble dealing with are his most powerful God-given tools for developing his potential and achieving shleimus.
In order to love who you are, you cannot hate the experiences that shaped you.
It doesn't matter how big the number is, only that today it is going up by one.

A little about what I'm doing here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/412971-I-Want-to-Help-Others

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 88 20 May 2024 06:01 #413714

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Start of day 9.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 88 20 May 2024 11:06 #413718

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Still struggling with wanting to go back on youtube.
it's only been a week and it feels like its been a month

Last Edit: 20 May 2024 11:12 by notezy.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 88 20 May 2024 13:21 #413722

• redfaced
  • Current streak: 475 days
  • Platinum Boarder
notezy wrote on 20 May 2024 11:06:
Still struggling with wanting to go back on youtube.
it's only been a week and it feels like its been a month

BEZH soon, it will be a month and feel like a week .
Keep on trucking, friend . 
YOU CAN DO IT!!!
May you slide down the banister of happiness and get many splinters of success up your career

Feel free to send me an owl, a howler, or even a Crumple-Horned Snorkack to Iamredfaced@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/416899-The-Red-Face
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes