Welcome, Guest

Nothing to lose
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Nothing to lose 5730 Views

Re: Nothing to lose 12 Apr 2024 06:09 #411672

• chaimoigen
  • Current streak: 458 days
  • Platinum Boarder
notezy wrote on 12 Apr 2024 06:04:
It was after work, after I showed and was ready for bed, on my phone before going to bed but thats every night... I was a bit stressed thinking about the next day but I don't think that was it.
I am going to think on it more because I am not sure.

Some times it’s a very specific kind of stress or negative feeling …
Please feel free to reach out anytime at chaim.oigen@gmail.com

Re: Nothing to lose 12 Apr 2024 10:04 #411674

• notezy
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Still having urges today I feel like they came from nowhere
"Excuses are the tools of incompetence" -My Friends Friend. 

"Change will lead to insight far more often than insight will lead to change" -Milton H. Erickson

Re: Nothing to lose 12 Apr 2024 14:13 #411685

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Still struggling, I am waiting out the clock... shabbos which I stay clean on... not sure how to deal with this urge because I don't know where it's coming from.

"Change will lead to insight far more often than insight will lead to change" -Milton H. Erickson

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 60.1 12 Apr 2024 14:49 #411686

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Okay I gave it some more thought I think I figured it out:
I was stressing because I felt like I had to make a choice that night about a job the thing is I have two not super great options that will interfere with my Yeshivah morning schedule and I have to decide sooner rather than later which 1 I am going to do and get back to someone and that was being thought about Thursday night but by the time I was going to bed it wasn't so much on my mind anymore... but it was probably subconsciously affecting me and still is.
I feel a little better after calling it out but i still need to work to get out of the hole of the urges now.

Last Edit: 12 Apr 2024 14:50 by notezy.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 60.1 12 Apr 2024 14:53 #411687

• youknowwho
  • Platinum Boarder
notezy wrote on 12 Apr 2024 14:49:
Okay I gave it some more thought I think I figured it out:
I was stressing because I felt like I had to make a choice that night about a job the thing is I have two not super great options that will interfere with my Yeshivah morning schedule and I have to decide sooner rather than later which 1 I am going to do and get back to someone and that was being thought about Thursday night but by the time I was going to bed it wasn't so much on my mind anymore... but it was probably subconsciously affecting me and still is.
I feel a little better after calling it out but i still need to work to get out of the hole of the urges now.

Wow! Excellent emotional work...you are inspiring all of us!

Do you have a close friend you can text, about the specifics (generally, no need to get too graphic...) of what you are dreaming and fantasizing about doing? 

Tends to diffuse the urge pretty quickly in most cases...

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 61 13 Apr 2024 17:29 #411725

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
To answer your questions:
Wish I did but not really. 

Anyways I just wanted to follow up after shabbos. I believe today is day 18. I'll have to double check still a bit stressed about the job thing but thats old news because I got a new/old bigger stresser "issues with family members" *Sarcastically clapping*  
I don't want to elaborate on here but let's just say pasech time doesn't make it easier. Oh well Gam zu litovah. 
F%&#  me. 
at least I know the urges will be coming this time.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 61.1 13 Apr 2024 20:12 #411727

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
When it rains, it pours.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 61 14 Apr 2024 03:30 #411743

notezy wrote on 13 Apr 2024 17:29:
To answer your questions:
Wish I did but not really. 

Anyways I just wanted to follow up after shabbos. I believe today is day 18. I'll have to double check still a bit stressed about the job thing but thats old news because I got a new/old bigger stresser "issues with family members" *Sarcastically clapping*  
I don't want to elaborate on here but let's just say pasech time doesn't make it easier. Oh well Gam zu litovah. 
F%&#  me. 
at least I know the urges will be coming this time.

I could relate,I also have some pesach family challenges I got to deal with

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 62 14 Apr 2024 04:43 #411745

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Day 19 I crossed the place I was the first attempt at 90 days 

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 62.1 14 Apr 2024 10:16 #411751

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Having some urges at work today I think I leveled up in stress last night didnt know i can go that high anyways I think this is just residuals and also from talking to someone but I think it will pass without incident.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 62.2 14 Apr 2024 18:05 #411767

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Struggling again going to bed now.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 62.2 14 Apr 2024 18:31 #411770

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
I had a fall.
it was a combination of the stress the uncertainty of not knowing what to do about it. Then I got off early from work by like 3 hours 
And was procrastinating and avoiding my troubles on my phone. Then I crossed a line and gave in. F****** S***.
First was outrage at myself over a F******* 3h off from work. Is that all it took. 
but I cant be to hard on myself I made it a good distance again. Their was more I could have done their always is....
Definitely wasn't worth it.
degraded myself. I am not sure if I should celebrate that i made it to 18 1/2 days or not.

Last Edit: 14 Apr 2024 18:38 by notezy.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 62.3 14 Apr 2024 18:43 #411771

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
I didn't read TBOTG in a while.
I didn't do hisupodeduce in a while either or learn any of the other torah stuff that probably would helped me hold on.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 62.4 14 Apr 2024 19:44 #411775

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
AVE fell again.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 62.4 14 Apr 2024 22:07 #411780

Dude 18 and a half days is truly amazing. Do not focus on how easy the fall happened, focus on the over 2 weeks of kedusha you built.
Seeing you fight, I have no doubt you can dust yourself off and carry on with a clean week till pesach.
Bein hazmanim is tough, and it sounds like you prepared yourself properly and are dealing with it quite well.
KOT
We are not the same people we once were. We are not so locked into our urges that we have no choice. We can choose to give in or choose to win this battle today. We do not want to give in, the pleasure of giving in is false. 
With Hashem on our side our victory is inevitable; the only way we can lose is by giving up on playing the game.
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes