Welcome, Guest

Nothing to lose
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Nothing to lose 5721 Views

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 47.4 01 Apr 2024 05:34 #411074

• notezy
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
proudyungerman wrote on 01 Apr 2024 03:18:

notezy wrote on 31 Mar 2024 20:05:
I got in touch with another of the older guys via phone tonight.
Ending day 5 on a good/strong note.
Goodnight.
put off reading the book to many times today didn't have time.

That's awesome! Can you share a little bit about the experience? How was the conversation? How did you feel after? Would you do it again?

Also, did they have any advice that you found helpful/inspirational?

Not the first one I got in touch with.
We really didn't talk about much. I just kept putting off calling him when he gave me his number on the chat.
I decided to finally call him just to get to know him for future reference. 
Although somthing I could give you as a takeaway from what he said was. It helps to have community.
"Excuses are the tools of incompetence" -My Friends Friend. 

"Change will lead to insight far more often than insight will lead to change" -Milton H. Erickson

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 48 01 Apr 2024 05:36 #411075

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Day 6

"Change will lead to insight far more often than insight will lead to change" -Milton H. Erickson

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 48 01 Apr 2024 05:37 #411076

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Day 6
I already know today  is hectic so the risk for me today will be a battle when I am exhausted from the day.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 48.1 01 Apr 2024 11:52 #411080

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Half way through the day I made it sound worse then it has been so for. trying to brace myself for an impact that might not come.

Re: Nothing to lose 01 Apr 2024 14:29 #411083

• chaimoigen
  • Current streak: 458 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Keep going! 
you can muster up the strength and desire to be clean for today. That’s all you need to do, and you can do it!! 

One day at a time. 
Hang tight, 
Chaim 
Please feel free to reach out anytime at chaim.oigen@gmail.com

Re: Nothing to lose 01 Apr 2024 15:47 #411090

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks I wanted to note a jump in awarness of the battle on the street I have been working on guarding my eyes on the street and thought but I felt an uptick in lingering thoughts this afternoon I guess it comes with the territory but it makes me jittery because I don't want them. And I am worried I am going to lose focus and get lost.

Re: Nothing to lose 01 Apr 2024 20:48 #411097

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
End of day 6
talked with HHM this afternoon just a check in. Moving forward trying to keep in mind the advice I gave to others as it starts to get more exciting trying to have patience and not let the nerves make me uncomfortable. 
Anyways overall good day. 

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 49 02 Apr 2024 05:31 #411114

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Day 7 good morning 

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 49.1 02 Apr 2024 10:11 #411117

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Today while reading TBOTG I came across my favorite word Sublimation although it was saying not to do it in this case anyways I thought I would try out putting my thoughts on the chapters here instead of my journal.Thoughts on chapter 22:Main take away was don't let our desire for success get subverted and turned into a desire for honor.We need to maintain a feeling of success or we start to subconsciously looking for ways to make ourselves feel better (e.g. chasing honor).​when he refers to honor he is talking about looking good in others eyes somthing superficial and not real.
everyone has a desire to be great and we must harness it in the right way and for the good.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 49.2 02 Apr 2024 16:51 #411124

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
The wait is frustrating.

back at work having issues with were I can look and now being more "alert" as the streak gets longer the images last longer in my head even if I don't want them to is their anything I can do but be patient?

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 49.3 02 Apr 2024 16:54 #411126

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
As time goes on I feel like I am wasting away and don't feel like I am achieving anything despite knowing that's not true. 

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 49.3 02 Apr 2024 17:02 #411127

As time goes on I feel like I am wasting away and don't feel like I am achieving anything despite knowing that's not true. Maybe set a little reward up for when you hit ten days? Just as a token reminder to yourself that you've done something worth rewarding?
We are not the same people we once were. We are not so locked into our urges that we have no choice. We can choose to give in or choose to win this battle today. We do not want to give in, the pleasure of giving in is false. 
With Hashem on our side our victory is inevitable; the only way we can lose is by giving up on playing the game.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 49.3 02 Apr 2024 18:11 #411133

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
chooseurname wrote on 02 Apr 2024 17:02:
As time goes on I feel like I am wasting away and don't feel like I am achieving anything despite knowing that's not true. Maybe set a little reward up for when you hit ten days? Just as a token reminder to yourself that you've done something worth rewarding?

Not a bad idea, any suggestions?
I am bad at this stuff.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 49.3 02 Apr 2024 18:24 #411135

• cande
  • Platinum Boarder
notezy wrote on 02 Apr 2024 18:11:

chooseurname wrote on 02 Apr 2024 17:02:

Not a bad idea, any suggestions?
I am bad at this stuff.

sky diving is great.
ill come with you.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 50 02 Apr 2024 21:54 #411143

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Its passed 12PM which means 1 week down day 8
looking to improve like I said I want to make this one count.

Time to create page: 0.52 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes