Welcome, Guest

shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 13936 Views

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 24 Jan 2010 22:36 #48134

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Just keep rocking...maybe get hold of an mp3 player with shiurim?
Last Edit: by .

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 24 Jan 2010 23:16 #48144

• kollel guy
  • Current streak: 15 days
  • Platinum Boarder
SA, You are currently leading the Kiddush H-shem board of trustees in shomayim!!
Keep it up man - you are awesome!!

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 25 Jan 2010 03:14 #48191

• shemirateinayim
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Great idea SB, and thanks KG you made me smile.  My current avodah is sur meira and then be'ezras hashem we will get to do some Aseh Tov

RIbono Shel olam save me from my Lust Addictions, and guide me to completing day 11

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 25 Jan 2010 03:30 #48194

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
shemirateinayim wrote on 25 Jan 2010 03:14:

RIbono Shel olam save me from my Lust Addictions, and guide me to completing day 11

Thats a great Tefillah SE. You are depending your sobriety solely on the only thing that can help you maintain it. If you really believe that then you will see the light someday very soon!

All the best!

-Yiddle

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 25 Jan 2010 05:15 #48203

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
I've heard a pshat from several people (including R' Volbe) that the way to accomplish sur meira effectively is through asei tov! Otherwise, not looking at women (for example) becomes a huge struggle, head popping up and down, trying not to look, etc. Much easier if we focus somewhere else...

Hatzlacha, and keep on rocking!

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 25 Jan 2010 05:19 #48207

• habaletaher
  • Current streak: 23 days
  • Fresh Boarder
SB stole the words right out my mouth! The gemera says that boredom leads to two things; boredom and znus...

One of the most effective ways to fight our lust addiction is by making sure we are busy...

Good luck!

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 25 Jan 2010 05:25 #48211

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Well, that's what we ninjas do, we swoop in and steal people's words...yes, sometime right out of their mouths! :D

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 25 Jan 2010 06:31 #48228

• shemirateinayim
  • Platinum Boarder
well the clock has already struch 12:00  so I'm
11 days clean!!!!

I had some strong nissyonos today, but I started taliking strait to Hashem to "save me from my addictioon, I can't do it without you" And BH that made it pass.  SO let's get ready for bed, and the coming of day 12,  there where destined to be 12 shevatim. Leah knew it through ruach hakodesh, but what she didn't see was that they had the possibility of coming from one of the children of yaakov.... from yosef. That's right Yosef Hatzadik was in a sence one of the Avos and one of the Shevatim. And he wass suposed to have 12 shevatim, but -says the shlah hakadosh- by the nissayon with eishes potifar. He ran outside an impaled (na'atz) his 10 fingers into the ground, and 10 zerah came out of his 10 fingers. Those where the seed of the 10 shevatim he was supposed to virth. And he only has 2 left.

There is much depth to the number 12, But I  barely even have a vague Idea what it  is..... a real shame no?  Oh well why not get to 26... then I'lll have plenty to say! and why not 42 and 72.    Why not 90??? oh yeh that's right because I gotta take this one day at a time. "Just  one more nissayon, one mor hour, one more bit of nachas for the aibishter"

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 25 Jan 2010 12:02 #48256

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Very well said...except for the "one more bit" part - more like one HUGE load of nachas for hashem!

And one day at a time, I'm looking forward to hearing your holy thoughts on all those days...becoming more holy as the days go on, of course...

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 25 Jan 2010 15:33 #48312

• onelife
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Gold Boarder
hi, shemiras.
i passed your thread and saw that you really face with a lot of difficult temptations.
i can't say that everyone of them that you pass successfully makes you stronger,
i think every nissayon is just keep you at the same positon or even weaken you.
its like a wall, that one or two hammer beats will not fall it, but more and more beats absolutely can cause it fall.

you the same. lots of nisyonos its pretty bad. you always busy with those nisyonos and not let your mind get rid of the addiction and take you up.
this is the first rule of hitting the 90:
you must go far from those nissyonos, be far from open internet, from pruzot, from every garbage which can cause you fall as much as you can!!

such way can easier take you straight to the 90 with just a little problems.

we trust you gever, you gonna do that.  8)

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 25 Jan 2010 16:33 #48334

• shemirateinayim
  • Platinum Boarder
thanks one life, especialy for taking the time to read this thread. but the reality is that I have no-where to reun and hide. I have countless TVs at my disposal, bug screens and flatscreens. All have all the regular chanels. I got a free Movie library on the shelf to my left, and 8 computers that can let me acces all the 'civil' pritzes that goyim don't see to filter. Yes I got nissyonos. 

But I haven't looked at a TV yet, haven't looked at the movie shelf, haven't read a single goyish book. Haven't used the internet for anything but Gmail, GYE and when I'm realy weak I go onto theyeshivaworld.com  .  I can't run from the nissyonos, I am stuck with them, and will have to merely overcome them. One at a time, and Hashem is the only koach I got aginst them.  If you asked me what level of kirvah I feel, what I would loose if I slipped/fell?    Honestly,  "Yedid Nefesh" . All this 'sur merah' brings you realy close to hashem.

Day 12 started, and It's already 1/4 over!

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 25 Jan 2010 16:47 #48341

• onelife
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Gold Boarder
shemiras,
if so, you are the greatest soldier of GYE,  :o :o
and we should learn from you how to escape from the Y"H.

you can try the ASE TOV approach or to be percise to THINK GOOD as it seems to ase tov.
just always think about good things, about us that loves each other very much, about us that we don't want you fall (has veshalom)
about a little sweet children, try to prepare a good issues ON YOUR MIND  to think of them, its gonna help you as it helped me very much.

BEHAZLACHA RABA BROTHER!!

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 25 Jan 2010 17:59 #48370

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
You are incredible...keep it up!

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 25 Jan 2010 20:10 #48389

• shemirateinayim
  • Platinum Boarder
It's after 2:00 here, and I am still going strong. I had a bit of a nissayon with a shiksah who never changed out of her PJs, but I told myself that I was going to be shomer einaayim... for real. And Baruch Hashem I will be very proud of myself when I get to shamayim, at least that was something that left me nothing to be embarrased of.  You guys have no idea how many people hjere think of me as a nutcase, they must think that I'm totaly meshugah!!  But I don't care, Once you think I'm crazy, then what do I care!        Why not label me "a man of G-D" and then you won't have any questions. My parents love getting comliments from everyone who meets me, they just don't realise how unusual it is for every single person who come-in contact with me, to give a compliment!

day 12 at 14:10  hashem will pull me through today

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 26 Jan 2010 01:03 #48504

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Keep on going...one minute at a time, if necessary...Is there anywhere you can go to just get away for a little while? A park nearby, or something?

By the way, I'm guessing you don't have glasses, right?
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes