Welcome, Guest

shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 13932 Views

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 20 Jan 2010 23:28 #47346

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
It's simple - midah k'neged midah1 When you help otyhers, you're helping yourself, too...

Almost makes you believe in a god, or something...
Last Edit: by .

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 21 Jan 2010 02:05 #47384

• shemirateinayim
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Baruch hashem I'm feeling hapier. i heard some good news today. But I realy need to learn more even with everything going on

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 21 Jan 2010 02:18 #47385

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Hope everything continues to improve!

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 21 Jan 2010 05:44 #47398

• shemirateinayim
  • Platinum Boarder
I just went through a strong nissayon. I am in the same story as others on here. I have TVs playing all around me, I can easily listen-in to the programming (mostly news), and I can freely change the channel to anything socialy acceptable, without worrying about a chilul hashem. I have constant internet acess, and can freely see enough enticing picutres to satisfy my YH (even with server restrictions).

But I sat down in-front of a open tv, closed my eyes and said just about the same thing as 7up quoted from R Azriel Tauber. I feel powerfully close to hashem. I'm still weak, I can still fall in an hour. But as I write this, I said a shor tefilah for help. Thanx RAGE, 7up, and I forgot the name of the new guy but thanx.

8 days clean

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 21 Jan 2010 05:56 #47399

• Ineedhelp!!
  • Platinum Boarder
shemirateinayim wrote on 21 Jan 2010 05:44:

I just went through a strong nissayon. I am in the same story as others on here. I have TVs playing all around me, I can easily listen-in to the programming (mostly news), and I can freely change the channel to anything socialy acceptable, without worrying about a chilul hashem. I have constant internet acess, and can freely see enough enticing picutres to satisfy my YH (even with server restrictions).

But I sat down in-front of a open tv, closed my eyes and said just about the same thing as 7up quoted from R Azriel Tauber. I feel powerfully close to hashem. I'm still weak, I can still fall in an hour. But as I write this, I said a shor tefilah for help. Thanx RAGE, 7up, and I forgot the name of the new guy but thanx.

8 days clean

8 days is great. Its "lema'ala min hatevah", above natural. You see, we can go above what nature tells us we cant do!

Keep it up!

-Yiddle

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 21 Jan 2010 16:27 #47501

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
Good point, Yiddle - and SA, that's fantastic!

It's easy to be inspired, but it's much harder to actually internalize what we here, and use it when we're faced with a nisayon!

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 21 Jan 2010 17:57 #47525

• shemirateinayim
  • Platinum Boarder
Nature runs within a MaArechet a framework of 7:
7 colors in the solor spectrum
Light defracts into 7 colors (red,orange,yellow,green,blue,indego,violet)
The world was created in 7 days (shabbos is the completion, and thus an inherent part of the creation)
The week is 7 days long, and this is globaly recognised, throughout time
there are seven musical notes
Koheles utilises the word hevel 7 times,
In tefilah (karbanos) we day "leolah Yehai Adam... Mah Anu, Meh Chayainu..." we itilize this statement 7 times (see R schwab on tefilah)
                          corresponding to the 7 times it's used in kohelet.
I can't think of a 7th example of the number 7 (mybe a 7 month baby, who is never delivered late, whereas a 9 month can be born even in the 10th month so the 9 is more arbitrary)

There are 8 days of chanukah
8 days to the milah
I can't think of any more examples

But does anyone know any maharal of 9 ?
Last Edit: 22 Jan 2010 04:04 by .

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 22 Jan 2010 18:35 #47838

• shemirateinayim
  • Platinum Boarder
9 days clean

Well BH I'm coming into shabbos with a beutifull clean streak. a new way of life. I no longer seek to bury my troubles in shmutz, hirhurim, and zera levatala. I had a nissayon today for 10 minutes strait. All i needed to do was NOT FIGHT for a second, and my bodies natural reaction would have brought me to.... I'm at  a loss for a lashon naki -kishuy ever. But I faught, and withheld my muscles, I stayed still and held my breath. And baruch Hashem it finnaly passed,

I think that since my recent addiction relapse has been pretty short, the effects of dry-ing out are pretty mild. I was "trying" (wishing) to stay clean for the last few weeks, but I kept falling after a few days. But even so, I think that the effort during that perioud of time, IS helping lessen the withdrawal symptoms this time around.

To all my future fans, coaches, chearleaders, and of course the peanut gallery. START FOLLOWING MY THREAD. But I won't take insult if it takes some time, for you guys to come-around. Oh and please repond, anything, just so I know people are watching me (aside from looking at the 'veiw count')

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 22 Jan 2010 18:37 #47840

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
You know that everyone's here for you...

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 23 Jan 2010 17:25 #47857

• kollel guy
  • Current streak: 15 days
  • Platinum Boarder
and my bodies natural reaction would have brought me to.... I'm at  a loss for a lashon naki -kishuy ever.
This is bechinas "Ms. Lucy had a steamboat"

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 24 Jan 2010 06:13 #47948

• shemirateinayim
  • Platinum Boarder
whaaaaaaaaaaaat???????    ???

going stronger 10 days clean and I'm posting after midnight so it's already day 11.

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 24 Jan 2010 06:18 #47949

• kollel guy
  • Current streak: 15 days
  • Platinum Boarder
shemirateinayim wrote on 24 Jan 2010 06:13:
Kollel Guy wrote on 23 Jan 2010 17:25:

and my bodies natural reaction would have brought me to.... I'm at  a loss for a lashon naki -kishuy ever.
This is bechinas "Ms. Lucy had a steamboat"

whaaaaaaaaaaaat???????    ???
That means you said the lashon without saying it, but said it nevertheless.
("Ms. Lucy" is a song like that, with all the bad words at the end of each verse as well as starting the next verse so it officially doesn't count as cursing.)

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 24 Jan 2010 06:37 #47952

• shemirateinayim
  • Platinum Boarder
aaaaaahhhhhhhh  I get it.
Oh and do you have any idea how to say it in a lashon naki?? For next time I gotta make a reffrence.

With every passing day ,my nissyonos get bigger. where-as untill now my nissayon was in shmiras einayim, true that continues, but now even kashrus takes real yiras shamayim. If I make one wrong move, my keilim are tareif, One slip and I must throw the food to the trash (I'm cooking in the equivelent of a teraif kitchen!!). I have no limit to goyish novels at my disposal, in addition to countless computers (I found 8 so far!). I have 5 tvs, and also BIG SCREENS, I mean 72 inch monsters!!! And there is no-one watching me but Hashem.    Thank you Rebetzin GYU for that Vort!!!!!! I'm ony holding-on because of it!

Oh and there is no derech acheir. Mybe if you guys give me a sefer to translate, It will keep me busy. I got way too much time on my hands, and It's sooooooo hard to learn. B"H I'm still holding in alot of my old learning.  You guys have no-idea where I am, nor can I post it without identifying myself. But I'm an addict with a drive. I will do the 12 steps, I will stay clean, I will make GUARD smile, and I will prepare myself for a marriadge free of lust!  And I will work on it one hour at a time, one day at a time, and I will B"H keep posting here!

Keep me trucking ppls (yes bard I siad trucking !!!! toot toooooooooooot or more lie HHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONK

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 24 Jan 2010 16:39 #48051

• silentbattle
  • Platinum Boarder
shemirateinayim wrote on 24 Jan 2010 06:37:

I will make GUARD smile

And Hashem, and yourself!

Remind yourself, when you see all those temptations, how lucky you are not to be caught up in all that garbage!

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 24 Jan 2010 19:55 #48100

• shemirateinayim
  • Platinum Boarder
Oh yeh. I did shanayim mikrah with a tv playing primte time programming (shabbos night) !!!! But I WILL STAND STRONG, and after this nissayon., I will be an incredibly strong person.

day 11 going strong, I will fight, and hashem will save me from the YH....ahhhh he's coming!
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes