Welcome, Guest

Going to 90 on Night Shifts...
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Going to 90 on Night Shifts... 86 Views

Going to 90 on Night Shifts... 28 Nov 2023 17:30 #404178

• roadto90
  • Fresh Boarder
So I've just started overnight shifts I can't get out of (military), and in a relatively sleepy town this leaves me with many hours alone in my room on our days off. Getting off work anywhere from 5-6 AM, so I find it much much harder to deal with urges when I'm isolated and left to my own devices so much more than is usual for a human being.

However, I think this just means a victory would be even sweeter and it's even more important to get these tendencies under control now. Don't want to have full nights alone to just wallow in sin all night. Years ago I was able to get 30 days in a row as my longest streak. Recently I've been able to do as much as 10-12, but now I want the full 90 for neural reset. I'll be checking in here for accountabilities' sake.

Wish me luck everyone!

*Day one as of today.
Last Edit: 28 Nov 2023 17:30 by roadto90.

Re: Going to 90 on Night Shifts... 28 Nov 2023 17:35 #404179

• cordnoy
roadto90 wrote on 28 Nov 2023 17:30:
So I've just started overnight shifts I can't get out of (military), and in a relatively sleepy town this leaves me with many hours alone in my room on our days off. Getting off work anywhere from 5-6 AM, so I find it much much harder to deal with urges when I'm isolated and left to my own devices so much more than is usual for a human being.

However, I think this just means a victory would be even sweeter and it's even more important to get these tendencies under control now. Don't want to have full nights alone to just wallow in sin all night. Years ago I was able to get 30 days in a row as my longest streak. Recently I've been able to do as much as 10-12, but now I want the full 90 for neural reset. I'll be checking in here for accountabilities' sake.

Wish me luck everyone!

*Day one as of today.

Welcome
Thank you for your service.
What's the plan for tonight?

#BringEmHomeNow
#FAFO
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Going to 90 on Night Shifts... 28 Nov 2023 17:48 #404181

• tp1
  • Senior Boarder
Welcome!!

have you thought about doing a course or some other form of activity that forces you to fill up that time. 

back when I was doing boring work on an unfiltered work computer for hours I would fill up my time by doing college courses which forced me to not waste time going down the rabbit hole. 

Re: Going to 90 on Night Shifts... 29 Nov 2023 08:17 #404218

• roadto90
  • Fresh Boarder
I opted for the same strategy last time we were on the rotation, for 9 credit hours in 8 weeks but burned myself out pretty bad on top of the workload. Getting addicted to a few series on e-book has been a much less stressful way to kill time this week for me. Hopefully that turns out to be a good plan, keeps the mind occupied at least.

Re: Going to 90 on Night Shifts... 29 Nov 2023 08:19 #404219

• roadto90
  • Fresh Boarder
Day one complete and behind me! Day two now... I think today was made a little bit more easy than usual for the 12 hour sleep schedule adjustment, I was too tired to think about temptations. But I'll take victories however they come to get to that 90 day neural reset! Day two now...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes