Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: 14 days!! 3796 Views

Re: 14 days!! 09 Nov 2023 19:50 #403496

• ainshumyeiush
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Gold Boarder
Negative reinforcement only goes so far. Keep reading the battle of the generation. Maybe join the daily reading (you can find it in the important thread section)
even if its hard, try to read something every day. Also check out the fight to freedom program. And reach out to someone who you can talk to when you feel down
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm" - Winston Churchill

Curiosity kills the count

guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/401159-This-time-for-real?limit=15&start=15#401727

feel free to get in touch
ainshumyeiush@gmail.com 
7327021556 (google voice)

Re: 14 days!! 09 Nov 2023 21:49 #403499

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Just saw this thread. Keep it up tzaddik. You have a lot to be proud of.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: 14 days!! 12 Nov 2023 18:16 #403551

• 1day613
  • Fresh Boarder
How do I get the Battle of the Generation?
ps I’m at day 16( not counting though) and this is usually a hard period so I would like to read BOTG for some chizzuk. 

Re: 14 days!! 12 Nov 2023 20:11 #403555

• vehkam
  • Current streak: 981 days
  • Platinum Boarder
1day613 wrote on 12 Nov 2023 18:16:
How do I get the Battle of the Generation?
ps I’m at day 16( not counting though) and this is usually a hard period so I would like to read BOTG for some chizzuk. 

Message me and I’ll get you a copy.  Also available as a download 
vehkam7@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375452-Work-in-progress

The Battle of the Generation by Hillel S. has been a huge help for me.  Message me to find out how you can receive a free copy.

some of the experiences I write about may make it easier to identify me.  This is ok.  I trust that if anyone discovers my identity they will keep it to themselves.  If you do realize that you  know me, I am completely comfortable and welcome you acknowledging me and my struggle in person.

Re: 14 days!! 13 Nov 2023 04:05 #403564

• funbuchur
  • Expert Boarder
Thank you guys!! I’m at 25 days If you asked me 1 month ago if I would imagine being able to do this o would never had said ye. I still do have urges and setbacks but I didn’t have a “fall”. Each day is a new stepping stone to distance myself from the past. Thanks for the encouragement. I hope to keep on having positive updates. (I don’t want people to think it’s all easy sailing I did have A lot of close calls and felt like I was going to fall but each time I got out a different way. I need to be preemptive.) 

Re: 14 days!! 13 Nov 2023 04:34 #403565

funbuchur wrote on 13 Nov 2023 04:05:
Thank you guys!! I’m at 25 days If you asked me 1 month ago if I would imagine being able to do this o would never had said ye. I still do have urges and setbacks but I didn’t have a “fall”. Each day is a new stepping stone to distance myself from the past. Thanks for the encouragement. I hope to keep on having positive updates. (I don’t want people to think it’s all easy sailing I did have A lot of close calls and felt like I was going to fall but each time I got out a different way. I need to be preemptive.) 

Keep it up! I'm impressed. You inspire me to continue on with the battle.

Re: 14 days!! 13 Nov 2023 14:12 #403573

• hopefulposek
  • Current streak: 127 days
  • Expert Boarder
Wow, I just saw this thread and it is amazing how you are pushing past those struggles and looking for the help to get through it. Awesome! The 2-3 week period can be super hard (and for me it was very depressing) but once you push past it things get a lot easier. I'm not saying it will be smooth sailing, but it won't be the same as the first month. 
Hatzlachah, please keep us posted on your journey (day to day if your able to). We're rooting for you!
"Greatness is forged in battle" - Reb Yerucham Levovitz
My Journey - https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/399197-On-the-way-Again

Re: 14 days!! 15 Nov 2023 17:54 #403700

• funbuchur
  • Expert Boarder
Day 28 it’s unreal did 4 weeks. I have noticed myself not being as vigilant and careful in what I see and this is not good I cannot let my guard down. My yetzer hara is telling me “you did so good you deserve a look” but I need to remember why I’m here to finish this and not be trapped and under his control I’m my own boss. I will continue this journey and hopefully it only gets easier. I’m still wondering if I’ll ever be able to live without a filter. Like even now I know if I was in a room with something without a filter there is no chance that I would be able to hold myself back, and it worries me for when I get older and might need a device less filtered than my phone now if I’ll be able to be strong
Last Edit: 15 Nov 2023 17:55 by funbuchur .

Re: 14 days!! 15 Nov 2023 18:34 #403701

• vehkam
  • Current streak: 981 days
  • Platinum Boarder
funbuchur wrote on 15 Nov 2023 17:54:
Day 28 it’s unreal did 4 weeks. I have noticed myself not being as vigilant and careful in what I see and this is not good I cannot let my guard down. My yetzer hara is telling me “you did so good you deserve a look” but I need to remember why I’m here to finish this and not be trapped and under his control I’m my own boss. I will continue this journey and hopefully it only gets easier. I’m still wondering if I’ll ever be able to live without a filter. Like even now I know if I was in a room with something without a filter there is no chance that I would be able to hold myself back, and it worries me for when I get older and might need a device less filtered than my phone now if I’ll be able to be strong

once your perspective changes it is possible to hold yourself back.  It is smart to stay vigilant and protect yourself in multiple ways, but it is not necessary to believe that you will sucumb to every tempation.  
vehkam7@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375452-Work-in-progress

The Battle of the Generation by Hillel S. has been a huge help for me.  Message me to find out how you can receive a free copy.

some of the experiences I write about may make it easier to identify me.  This is ok.  I trust that if anyone discovers my identity they will keep it to themselves.  If you do realize that you  know me, I am completely comfortable and welcome you acknowledging me and my struggle in person.

Re: 14 days!! 19 Nov 2023 05:28 #403801

• funbuchur
  • Expert Boarder
I fell last Thursday. Couldn’t get myself to post but here I am. Friday ✔️Shabbos✔️
continuing like before. Hopefully can learn from my mistakes last time. The worst part is that right after I was kicking myself because I know I coulda stopped myself. Still am kicking myself. 

Re: 14 days!! 19 Nov 2023 05:56 #403802

• foolie
  • Current streak: 4 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Stop kicking you might blow out your knee 
I will give battle Sir- General George Meade (Army of the Potomac)
Nuts!- General Anthony McAuliffe (101st Airborne)
Lets Get Dangerous! - Darkwing Duck
You’ll need to raise the ante and negotiate- Rechnitzer Rejects
I'm fresh out of essential truths- Spock
Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person - David Rossi

Re: 14 days!! 19 Nov 2023 15:15 #403809

• ainshumyeiush
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Gold Boarder
I also had a fall. Still working up the courage to post it on my thread. The thought of "i could've stopped myself" is pointless after a fall. It will only make you vulnerable to falling. Don't worry about it. Just keep on doing your plan right now. 
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm" - Winston Churchill

Curiosity kills the count

guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/401159-This-time-for-real?limit=15&start=15#401727

feel free to get in touch
ainshumyeiush@gmail.com 
7327021556 (google voice)

Re: 14 days!! 20 Nov 2023 18:15 #403878

• funbuchur
  • Expert Boarder
Three days clean after my fall but I’m looking at it as 34 days into my journey and a lot cleaner than before. It like cleaning out a cholent pot and as ur scraping out the clicks of garbage, some of the shmutz falls back in but in general the shmutz is beating cleaned. Now I have to continue minimizing triggers and adding in positive stuff to create good habits. Anyone else feel discouraged when they see people falling after such long streaks. 

Re: 14 days!! 22 Nov 2023 15:57 #403949

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
funbuchur wrote on 20 Nov 2023 18:15:
Three days clean after my fall but I’m looking at it as 34 days into my journey and a lot cleaner than before. 

Guys with this healthy attitude are the guys who break free.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: 14 days!! 29 Nov 2023 05:16 #404215

• funbuchur
  • Expert Boarder
12 day streak going. 42 days since I started (not my first time starting but this time started with more of a plan) I’m feeling stronger and more confident.

I have been slacking off in my 30 min a day of reading or watching videos in gye which I need to get back to.
I actually feel like my habits are changing I think back to merely a few weeks ago when I felt like I NEEDED to do the deed. 
Now I haven’t brought my phone into the bathroom for almost a full week (I definitely have many times that I was standing before going in literally having debates in my mind if I should bring it in or not) and I recognize that I don’t need this shmutz and I never did and never will.   
I need to update this thread more often. 
thank guys 
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes